A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Canadians Only Swap 2!  (Read 16937 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grrlfriday
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2005 09:59:50 AM »

Alrighty! Here's all the supercool stuff I got from smeared.ink!

A fantastic flower pin!

A beautiful bag - which I will get A LOT of use out of.

A t-shirt with a pic of Sarah Slean stenciled on (I'm wearing right now).

A t-shirt with the word "Mushaboom" from a Feist song stenciled on it.

I LOVE everything so much!  Thanks again smeared.ink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tere
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2005 04:22:09 AM »

Wow Smiley That's some super nice stuff. I'm really into Feist right now...isn't it cool she's one of us?!
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tere
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2005 04:23:11 AM »

Wow Smiley That's some super nice stuff. I'm really into Feist right now...isn't it cool she's one of us?!
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aspiring
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2005 04:28:24 AM »

I got my wearables package last night from Shotgun Bettie.  I still don't have a digital camera, but try to picture this: pink tshirt with perfectly screenprinted heart, pink PJ pants with hearts and pigs, socks with cute little birds, hemp bracelet, very detailed pink bird fabric brooch, 2 mixed CDs, knitting needles with fimo decorations on them and homemade soap!!!

And it was packaged up so pretty!  Thanks Angie!!  I hope mine to you is ok.

Carla
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2005 07:37:19 AM »

I got my wearables package last night from Shotgun Bettie.  I still don't have a digital camera, but try to picture this: pink tshirt with perfectly screenprinted heart, pink PJ pants with hearts and pigs, socks with cute little birds, hemp bracelet, very detailed pink bird fabric brooch, 2 mixed CDs, knitting needles with fimo decorations on them and homemade soap!!!

And it was packaged up so pretty!  Thanks Angie!!  I hope mine to you is ok.

Carla

I took some pictures before I sent (i'm a pic hound!) and can post them tonight maybe. I'm glad you liked it Smiley I know pink pig jammies are a little much, but the material was so cute!! The cd with the knitting label is actually full of free knit and crochet patterns from the net, just basic stuff Smiley
I hope it wasn't to pink of a package though.. I kind of got a little color obsessed Wink And I'm sure I'll love all the great stuff I get from you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
aspiring
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2005 07:46:34 AM »

Too much?  No way!!  I love the PJs!  And I love how colour-co-ordinated the whole thing is, you have a great colour sense. Yes, post photos if you can!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2005 09:42:59 PM »

Ooooh kay.. finally got all the pics off the cam and edited and resized and away we go!

First I'll post the pics of the AMAZING PILES OF loot I got from aspiring. She sent me WAYYYYYYYYYYYY to much stuff and I love every last bit of it. My birthday was the day before so it was like one massively cool birthday present too! Anyways, on with the pics, you'll see why I'm gushing..

Knitted Arm warmers! These are a chunky black yarn (it's neat and stretchy bumpy) knit with a black shiney either fun fur or eyelash yarn I think. These are sooooo d@mn cool. I wore them for like an hour and it's warm out, just because they're so fun to look at.

Next, a thick and pretty pink cabled belt! I can tell you alot of work must have been put into this it was her first cable knitted project and I'm one lucky girl to have it. It's gorgeous and easy to wear Smiley

..and.. Now a hand painted pink and red kitty tote (I love the kitty face!) with an inner zipper pocket (I'm taking this on my birthday present trip to New Orleans so I can zip up my passport and stuff all safe inside). Cute Polka dot socks and the coolest hot pink Kung Fu mary janes ever. I might stencil some black stars on them.

And the first massive loot pile of assorted goodness!
There's: Shrinky dinks, a cute little watch, a hearty pencil case, sunglasses, nailpolish, a MIY (make your own) stenciled patch, and cutie flowered bag ties. Omg stuff!!

The second massive pile of assorted crafty goodness!
There's: One small ziplock of green floss, beads, buttons, little umbrellas and a poker chip magnet. Another small ziplock full of beads, umbrellas, floss and buttons this one in red and black. (can't wait to make stuff with this!). Three iron on patches, one little fuzzy purse one, one with black velvet hearts, and one thats sequin and beaded cherries.. omg thank you!
A little bead container filled with tiny colored dice beads (you must have seen in was in the rockabilly swap, I live for stuff like that!). A Knitters beginner guide which will be used for sure. A picture frame/tray (I'm using it for a bead tray it works awesome for that) a few postcard/flyers. A pack of 25 assorted hand sew needles, so useful.

Next.. (yes my mind boggles at home much COOL STUFF I got)..
I got 4 beautiful bracelets made with mostly glass beads, the black and red ones my favorite but I honestly like them all. Two pairs of earrings, the little red ones remind me of apples, and the other ones are cherries, she even did brown beads for the stems and a little green leaf. AMAZING! And she made me some gorgeous stitch markers out of pretty lampwork beads.

In other words I got totally spoiled. I swear I'm such a girl I was all sniffly. Thanks so very very much Carla, you're my craft swapin' hero, I can't believe how much stuff you got in one box!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2005 09:56:52 PM »

Ok.. me again. Next.. I'll post the stuff I sent to aspiring. I'm glad she likes her stuff but it seems kinda small compaired to all the amazing stuff I just got.  Undecided Don't be mad if I sneak you something else just to say thanks then girlie Wink

In her swap info it said she likes pink and hearts and she's a vegetarian so I seen this really goofy pigs with hearts on pink cotton material and knew I just had to have it Smiley
I decided to make her basic pajamma bottoms, and then bought a pink cotton stretchy tshirt and stenciled the heart on it with 2 colors to match the jammie pants and make a Pajamma set. (unfortunatly the shirts a different pink, but yeah I wasn't thinking fine lingere at the time) Wink

Next she's starting out knitting like me (she's way better than me check out the great stuff she made me!) so I made her a pair of knitting needles from some great black laminated chopsticks I have (I made sculpey balls on the ends) and then took all the free easy knitting and crochet patterns I have from the net and put them all on a disc for her too! I made a cute label for it from a knit picture I seen online, and the other cd is just a copy of the Music to Craft By mixed cd I made for another swap. (new free music rawks!)

Lastly, I made aspiring a little hemp bracelet with a lampwork purple ladybug bead, a partridge pin with starry eye, and a pink sparkly massage bar of soap with the scent of Apple Pie. Oh and she loves socks so I found a great pair of little hearts and partridge birdie socks to throw in too. Talk about perfect crafty tie in!

It all piled up. .

This swap is going so great, I've been having so much fun making new stuff every month Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aspiring
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2005 09:58:43 AM »

I love everything you sent, Shotgun Bettie! You're a skilled crafter!  I'm glad you like what I sent you.  The cat on the pink bag is from a font recommended by GrrlFriday.

So those shoes are callled Kung Fu Mary Janes?  I didn't know that, I'll have to wear mine before I go to see Kung Fu Hustle!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/kung_fu_hustle.html

Now I'm off to think of some housewares for the next swap in the series!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blueblythe
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2005 09:28:11 PM »

Here are pics of what I sent Emerald6:

Swallow bag

Knitted hat

Swallow Pin

Store-bought tshirt (it has swallows printed on it but you have to look carefully!)

Felt bangles

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010 09:17:30 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Drew Barrymore Gets Hands On
Hollywood Holiday Glam Secrets
Anna Sui Gives Minnie Mouse a Holiday Makeover
Which Celebrity Uses Coffee Grounds Against Cellulite?
Real Housewife Kyle Richards’ Body Beauty Tip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...