A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,912
Currently Running With Scissors:
352 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Granny Bag with Ikea Fabric  (Read 1901 times)
Tags for this thread: ikea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

professionalpineapple
« on: March 07, 2010 03:40:19 AM »

Carry Me was one of my christmas presents this year, and I absolutely love the bag on the cover. Since I have no idea where to find stripey linen like the author used, I found this lovely print at Ikea. Sadly, it wasn't on super sale (there were a few prints that were $2/yard!), but since I only needed a yard for the bag, it worked out pretty well. I was intending to make a smaller purse from it, so that it would be like a cheap Tokidoki bag, but I never got the bits and pieces that I needed for that, so this fabric was languishing in my stash, and that just wouldn't do.

(ugh, nasty late-night hair! That's what I get for spending all night sewing haha!)

This is really a gigantic bag. I can put my laptop bag and a pair of shoes in it, and it still has room for more stuff. It's definitley going to be my new grocery/library/shopping/toting stuff around bag, just because it really holds everything. I love the design, and it was really easy to put together. I finished it in just less than 5 hours, which is mind-blowingly fast for me. xD
I love how the pocket was attached, but not so fond of leaving it unlined with interfacing showing on the inside. The next generation of this bag will have a lined pocket and a better zipper, so that it will unzip easily. This zipper is very thief-deterrent, because you have to really yank at it to get it open. I suppose that's a good thing. Cheesy
I think next time, I'm going to use more interfacing in the bottom and the very top, because it's a bit floppy in those spots.

The lining is a really soft cotton that an old boyfriend's mom gave me, when she was de-stashing. It was just the right match for the outer fabric, since it's super cute without clashing. It has little roses in the checks. Smiley

I'm totally in love with my new bag, and I'll hopefully make more of the bags from the book to show you! They're all very cute and modern, and so well designed! Toodles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!
pinterest|wists
Juaniece
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010 05:10:57 PM »

What a great bag! I love this!  It looks really huge and soooo useful!  Thanks for the great pics... I really love bags that are large enough to carry all my "stuff"!
Thanks for sharing!
Mimi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Great and Calamitous Tale of Johan Thoms
Project Cain Book Trailer
Geoffrey Girard Explains Cain’s Blood
Christopher Rice: What Are You Reading?
Colleen Hoover: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...