A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rolls of calculator/cash register receipt paper?  (Read 4907 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkmissmarilyn
« on: March 06, 2010 09:52:14 PM »

I have a many many rolls of the paper you would load into an old school accounting calculator or make receipts from on a cash register...They are old and the paper is stained and brown. I don't want to throw them out, but I have no idea what to use them for! Inspiration, my crafty friends?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seleniebeanie
Running on all 4 cylinders!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010 08:52:51 PM »

This is right up my alley - we sell these at work & some sizes become obsolete, so we got creative with some of our left-overs....

give some rolls to a preschool/elementary school - they make quick & easy paper chains
just cut in 8" lengths and staple/tape/glue!

the cores are great for threading like beads - also great for preschool/elementary ages

I made a "beaded curtain" with these alternating with big wooden beads from a former beaded seat cover - my son loves his

our youth group had a special event and I gave them a bunch to use as "streamers"
I must say, I was quite impressed with the results

how about origami? - try looking up "ribbon roses" - make them with paper...they're easy too!

for wider rolls, I have a couple customers who've made a wooden paper roll note pad and use them to make grocery lists on.

a quick way to get the paper off the rolls is to slide the core onto a screwdriver and
with the handle underside the roll, hold onto the tip and the paper just rolls off - very fast!

the paper turns yellow when it gets old or has alot of recycled content. - you can re-use the outer more yellowish portions of the rolls, by unravelling and taking the "paper strips" to a pet store as puppy & kitty bedding.

have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ultimate gifts to receive: Thread and Glue Sticks!
little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010 07:44:33 PM »

Tie a piece of string/cord to it, long enough to hang it, & you always have paper to write on. Hang it by your phone & you'll never run out of paper to write on
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Idle Hands
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010 06:42:17 PM »

My aunt had the rolls of paper by her fridge when I was little.  It was a wooden board with a dowel to go into the paper roll and a pencil/pen on a string.  Imagine the kind of "cradle" the paper sits on for an adding machine/printing calculator made out of wood attached to the board.  I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What would you get if you crossed a goat and a sheep?
An animal that eats tin cans and gives back steel wool.
summer_snow
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010 07:47:11 PM »

I kept one by my bedside for years, actually. Easier than scrabbling for a notepad or scrap paper in the dark, and I stuck the pencil in the dowel hole.
It sounds like it would be fun to draw comics on too, lending itself readily to strip format.
You could write on it and use use it to decorate something pirate-themed, since the staining eliminates the extra step of tea-staining and weathering it brown. Mini invitations, strips of calligraphy, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Gilt Groupe Founders Discuss How They Revolutionized The Fashion Industry
The Smartest Man in the World Greg Proops on the Smartest Book in the World
Meal in a Mug: Chocolate and Pistachio Brownie
Meal in a Mug: Scrambled Eggs
Do the Founding Fathers Have All the Answers?
Latest Blog Articles
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...