A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,471
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reduce Reuse Recycle Round 2 Gallery  (Read 10503 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010 12:23:23 PM »

OH my gosh!! I'm back to workable internet conenction, and there are so many great pictures to look at!!
giggly girl- I love the teacup pincushion, super sweet! love the clutch and the tray too, but those birds are freakin adorable!!
lizzyjoan Those boxes, coasters, and pin cushion are awesome! Loving on the juice/coin purse!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010 12:26:46 PM »

Tomorrow is sendout date!! If you are going to be sending late you need to send a PM to me or cjclark AND your partner. Posting that you think you are going to be late in the thread may not be noticed by us, and I know you guys are all awesome and things come up, so if you PM us that you will be late, you will not be yelled at by anybody!!! Thank you so much!!
Also, please make know that you will not recieve feedback until pics of what you sent are in the gallery! If you know you will not be able to post, please let your partner know before they send so they can take pics!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yzzilnoaj
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010 12:31:50 PM »

Thanks...the coasters took forever but totally worth it since they turned out so cool.  I really love the way the boxes turned out...I made myself a set too  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gigglygirl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gigglygirl/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010 01:10:29 PM »

The boxes are gorgeous. I was thinking about trying to make one. I have some old National Geographics. Is there a tut somewhere?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yzzilnoaj
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010 04:01:19 PM »

I am sure there is I learned at summer camp.  Basically you cut pieces of paper in 2 inch by 3 inch sections (I highly recommend a paper cutter) then starting at a corner you roll it around a small stick of some kind (I have used a paper clip, a pencil, an incense stick, etc.) then you stick the rolled tubes together by sliding one into the other.  I am not sure if this makes sense or not but I hope it gets you started.  I really enjoy all the different crafts that you can make with rolled paper and since I have a magazine addiction it works well for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyDeJa
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010 02:23:00 PM »

OK, this picture is not the best. Replaced old camera and still having issues so I have to use my cell phone. Therefore, you probably won't get a good view of all the fabulous things I received from Miss Barbara.

The package included:
    A plarn bag
    A jewelry holder and a rock pendent
    Crochet items: scarf, wreath and bath mitt
    Paper goods: Recycling book, recycled craft article and bumper sticker
    A bank
    A mini sewing kit
    A milk jug bowl

Whew, did I miss anything Miss Barbara??

BTW, your package will arrive in two parts because one item did not fit in the box ... lol. Again, my apologize for the delay in posting.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 02:24:12 PM by CraftyDeJa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
gigglygirl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gigglygirl/

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010 09:45:49 PM »

I received from Myrna Minx today. She says there's one more little surprise in the works but said she wanted to send the bulk of the package on time. Smiley

Here's some cute little handprint plaques she sent me. The kiddos and I already printed them. My two-year-old wouldn't hold her hand still but I think it turned out regardless. I thought this was a cute idea. Smiley

She also sent some recycled crayons. She also sent me some silky fabric bits, which I think would make a great purse lining.

Here are some cute owl charms she found at a garage sale. Love these.

And then she sent me this dreamboat. Just look at all that sexy chest hair.  Tongue I will definitely find a good use for him and rest of this vintage magazine.

If you are wondering, who's this guy?! I just wikied him.

Evigan is best known for his work in three hit television series:

* 1979's B.J. and the Bear, where he starred as B.J. McKay, a truck driver whose best friend was a chimpanzee named Bear;
    * 1987's My Two Dads in which a teenage girl is raised by two past boyfriends of her deceased mother together when it cannot be determined which is the father (My Two Dads lasted until 1990); and
    * mid-1990s TekWar, a sci-fit hit based on a series of books by Star Trek elder statesman William Shatner (who also co-starred). TekWar originated as a series of television movies in 1994 and then became a series in 1995.

Finally, she used some old frames, fabric and bird pics (I told her I like birds) to create some art.

I have to confess--I disassembled on them, added a few ribbons and buttons to the silky backdrop fabric and am using it for some antique photos--so I guess that's a triple-recycle. Wink Don't worry though. The bird photo survived. I decoupaged him onto some poster board. I think he just might show up on a dotee art doll.

Thanks Myrna!
Oh, here's the group shot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stellou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010 12:41:35 AM »

Oh, I love the recycled crayons..Ihave so many little bits at home Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010 07:34:49 AM »

Please check the list on the first page and make sure you are marked correctly for sending and/or receiving. There are a few people in my group that still need to check in (and possibly one or two in Pixieval's group too). We need to hear from you if you are marked incorrectly or haven't sent yet.

Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
cxcaitlyn
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010 10:29:50 AM »

Just tracked my package from gammykatie and it's in my area code! The mail doesn't come until this afternoon, so hopefully I'll get it today  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sunny Anderson’s Fake-Out Beignets
How to Make Pureed Dates and Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies
Classic Apple Pie Recipe
How to Make Brown Cow Ice Cream Floats with Abigail Breslin
How to Make a No-Bake Oreo Dirt Cake
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...