A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mini VEGGIES & co. = 10 ways to use miniatures (img obese)  (Read 8936 times)
Tags for this thread: faux_food , miniature  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

veri
« on: March 06, 2010 10:13:45 AM »

After a LONG frustration involving 3 computers and 2 digital cameras, 1 broken coffee grinder (I have very old Fimo... Angry) and 3 nights with only 2 hours of sleep Lips sealed (yes, I never have time - that's my curse - people who love me call it "overload of ideas" but it basically is just a lack of productivness Roll Eyes) - so afterall I give you The mini veggies and their fellows:

I noticed that miniatures are mostly considered as "cute doesn't need reason" and they usually fall into "you can look but you better not touch" category and being the pratical person I am (meaning: "everything has to have a use for it or it just takes space" - and I don't have a lot of that either Wink) I'd like to offer you a bit of alternative view - so I give you the 10 ways of using this mini monsters:

1.) mini veggies into SEEDLING GARDEN TAGS + bonus: garden fairy
We all need to eat, right? So first of all we have to grow some veggies to eat - and to do that we need to mark our seedlings to know what is peeping from the pot and when to put it out. Ok, I admit - I'm not into gardening at all, I don't love it by far! But my "male" does. And I love him. And I also love polymer clay (ok, it's a different kind of love from the previously mentioned but I'm sure every crafty person knows what I mean Wink). Which means making seedling tags is the only logical thing Smiley. So here they are:

and in use:

And of course every garden needs a garden fairy to make the veggies grow nice:

she is so god-damm mini that I had the hardest time to focus her - so I just croped the pics and that's why they are crapy - sorry about that...

2.) mini ice cream becomes mini CARD INVITATION
Now with the fairy's help we've grown so many of those veggies and fruits and it's time to try some. And the best way to eat is in good company. So let's invite some friends to come over, ok?

3.) mini veggies into BOOKMARKS
Our friends expect to eat good so we better start picking up the recipes for our delicious produce. And with such harvest there will be a lot of courses and it's hard to keep it all in mind - so let's make some bookmarks to help us at that task, ok?

in use:

4.) mini veggies decorate the TOOTHPICKS
The friends have arrived and it's time to welcome them - perhaps with some cheese or some other snack... Oh, wait, we'll need toothpicks for that, right? Quick, let's make some:

5.) mini veggies into WINE GLASS RINGS
Friends need to drink as well, right? And people always ask: "Is this mine glass or yours?" at good parties (and our's is good, right? Wink) So we'll help them with that and mark the glasses with different kind of veggies and fruit or fruit slices:

Of course you shouldn't put two chillies in use in the same party but it made a nice photo, so...

here you can find some other that I've already posted:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=340152.0;topicseen

6.,7. an 8.) mini veggies into JEWLERY: EARINGS, BROOCHE and RING
We need to look nice at our own party, yes? Here is some jewlery that will make you the hottest girl in the room Grin:

earings:

ring in action:

whole bunch together

9.) mini fruits on top of MARMELADE/COMPOT/HONEY,... lids
The guests are leaving and we can give them a little souvenier to sweeten their breakfast - so here are some mini versions of marmelade or you could make a bee on top of honey lid... I made an apricot to put on the lid since I put homemade apricot marmelade in it (made by my dad and really good:))

the proof of miniatureness - it's exactly 2 in high Smiley:

top view that shows the polymerclay coverd lid the best:

10.) mini moons and clouds into BUTTONS:
Everybody has gone home and it's time to go to bed for us as well so I made some mini buttons for our kid's bedsheets:

Sweet dreams!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 12:04:16 AM by veri » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pfefferminztea
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010 10:28:07 AM »

Love every last little tomato. ^^
Especially the seedling tags are amazing.
And I agree, everything ought to be put to some use. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roccstarr75
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010 10:28:55 AM »

So cute!  I thought moons and clouds were bananas and popcorn until i read the description, but thats prolly cuz I have some banana buttons that look almost identical to those moons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VJP
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

I Love Someone With Autism

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010 10:39:54 AM »

So inspiring....off to the craft room!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Craft a Day keeps old age at bay.
Avian Flight
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010 10:48:59 AM »

so creative! my favorite are the toothpicks but are they reusable? the garden sticks are awesome as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
veri
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010 11:14:53 AM »

So cute!  I thought moons and clouds were bananas and popcorn until i read the description, but thats prolly cuz I have some banana buttons that look almost identical to those moons!

hehe, I ment to make bananas as well but than I saw their bedsheet pattern with teddys on clouds and moons and made this. But it still could serve as banana and popcorn as well;) Even thought to write banana/moon buttos accualy Cheesy.

Oh, I forgot to write: the mini veggies and all the other stuff is made of some Fimo polymer clay (the onlyone available here), very old and very crumbly and a pain in the ass to knead but I swore to myself I'd use the old one before I buy new so...

The tomatos, leeks and celery were inspired by Angie Scaar's book Miniature food masterclass that my beloved male got me for new year's.

so creative! my favorite are the toothpicks but are they reusable? the garden sticks are awesome as well.

I accually didn't glue the mini veggies on top of toothpicks so you could just separate the toothpick from its decoration and use the veggies with fresh toothpicks at the next party.

Thank you for all the feedback - I feel a bit guilty since I've been taking pictures and trying to resize them and upload them almost the whole day... instead of just playing with my kids Embarrassed Tongue.  Well, that's the course if you have a crafty momy I guess Grin. So it's nice to know that it has a meaning Wink. And I'll be just theirs tomorrow Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnyTuTu

Is it because I have a waffly nose?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010 11:28:40 AM »

Wow Cheesy They're so adorable! I love the fairy, and the idea of putting them on tiny jam jar lids! The mini invitations were just so cute. I think my favourites though were the moons and cloud buttons Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010 11:36:46 AM »

Shocked
Amazing work!
I love the vegetable garden sticks and the chili earrings! Everything looks fantastic though Cheesy This is definitely one of those "wish I thought of that" projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010 02:24:49 PM »

WHOW!!!  Shocked This kind of cuteness doesn't need any reason!!
Loving them all! You did a great job on those!

I think I have some (very) old Fimo also... Somewhere...   Tongue
Well, maybe I will give it a try when I'm all done with my Swap.

Thanks! I got inspired!

(I am a NO-I-don't-have-time-right-now-mom once I get started on some crafting, so I get ya Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010 09:50:06 PM »

This is stunning!!  The detail in the clay is amazing, and the list of ten uses is both funny and great.  Awesome project!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 12/16
How to Crochet a Generic Baby Shoe Sole Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 11/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 14/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 10/16
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...