A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alice in Craftster-land 2 Gallery  (Read 33893 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftmagicmomma

winner winner chicken dinner

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2010 08:52:48 PM »

I received a neat package from my partner today! :] I didn't get to take pictures yet but I will this weekend!
Do u like? 1!?? I am so nervous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2010 10:02:06 PM »

The paintings turned out great!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluxxii
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2010 10:07:15 PM »

Okay, are you ready for the best gallery post OF ALL TIME? I received from fluffybaka, who went WAY overboard so this is going to be really image intense. I feel like I should send a follow up package!

The first thing that caught my eye were these knitted socks. I put them on and my boyfriend pointed out the subtle Cheshire cat pattern that can be seen at certain angles. I totally wouldn't have noticed and when I found it, IT BLEW MY MIND.

Do you see the cat?!

This mushroom potholder is pretty awesome too!

Felted hatter pocketbook purse in my favorite colours!

A fascinator with removable lace! Fascinating!

So, I'm obsessed with this teacup pincushion. I tried to get a brighter picture of it but it created so many shadows. This picture doesn't do it justice at all, it rocks.

Stitch markers! I don't know how to use them yet since I'm a noob, but I can't wait to learn how now. Wink

Not to mention the plethora of jewelry she made me...

(I was looking around for this one because I knew something was missing, then I realized I wore it out today!)

She even included supplies! Crazy!

I love it all! Seriously fluffybaka, you went above and beyond for this swap and I love everything you made. <3 Opening this package was like digging out of Doraemon's pocket, because it was just endless. Thanks so much! (PS - do you happen to know what the additives in the bottom right of the last picture are? They're unmarked.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010 10:09:52 PM by nilubol » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLUXXII.COM: online consignment for indie artists
twonderland
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2010 10:13:14 PM »

I received a neat package from my partner today! :] I didn't get to take pictures yet but I will this weekend!
of coarse! :]
 Do u like? 1!?? I am so nervous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Transatlanticism

Pies para que los quiero, si tengo alas pa' volar?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2010 11:03:08 PM »

I got my package today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Transatlanticism is an amazing artist.  I loved everything.

Yay I'm so glad you received today, I was starting to get nervous! I'm glad you enjoy everything-- sorry the bag is wonky, my sewing skills are not great, but I embarked on a challenge for some reason haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psst.. here's a secret. Your last mortal thought will be, "Why did I take so many days- just like today- for granted?"
TeriLynn
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2010 11:06:03 PM »

Look what I found in my mailbox this evening:

Oh my goodness, ParisGirl! Everything is beautiful!

First up, a necklace with a beautiful beeswax pendant with an Alice drawing from a 1904 copy of the book (wow!) and a note on a playing card collage that I had to include because I love it...

And a closer shot of the pendant- it looks a little cloudy but it's not in person. I totally want to play with beeswax now. (and pardon the fabric scrap mess below it- got another project going)

Next up- my first shrine!

(my husband's giving devil-horns in the background. He was a little exciteable- he is more into this than I would have imagined. Also he's been drinking...)

Flashed-out pic of the interior of the shrine. I love how it has a bit of a 3-d look. It's awesome.

A sweet bag o' offerings for the shrine!

Included are:
Drink me!

A key (love love love love love this!)

Mushroom charm

Crown charm

And a little piece of ParisGirl's heart, an Eiffel Tower charm!

Offerings in place:

But wait, there's more!

Fantastic glass pebble magnets- I totally had to give up getting a good photo of these. I can't fight the glare! But they're all older illustrations that look hand-colored. My favorite one is the Jabberwock.

An amazing antiqued iron crown wall hook!

ParisGirl suggested it could be for keys, but I think it will be hung in my bedroom for my robe. I'm also thinking this calls for a new robe. Maybe red velvet with some fake fur trim?

And last but not least, an amazing Alice box that will shortly be filled with my shiniest jewelry!

My husband's totally into it... and into me cleaning up my jewelry!

Inside top:

Inside the base:

I love these blocks inside.

There was one tiny bit of shipping damage- one (well, one part of one) of the feet on the box seems to have disappeared. I should be able to fix it though. ParisGirl, you're the best. Thank you so much for making this the best first swap ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffybaka

The Lil Hippies are taking over!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2010 11:58:54 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything!  the unmarked things are lavender and orange peel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.CraftyHippy.etsy.com
Eco-friendly items, patterns, hippies, and more.

I'm on Ravelry, too!
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/stephanie-horn
PorgeCreations
« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2010 12:56:53 AM »

I LOVE how the gallery is just filling up now! It's so exciting, and i can't get over the amount of awesome that you've all put into these packages! Theres been a lot of spoiling in this swap...i love it =D <3

I love the paintings and the little box. Great work!! And those earrings are fab! I have major swap anxiety now! Porge, I hope you like everything when you get it. The Post Office said 5-10 days for it to arrive...tomorrow is 5 days! I can't wait!

Oh i'm sure i'll LOVE everything you send! Don't worry, i have Huge swap anxiety too! Won't it be funny if we both recieve ours the same day =D We have a bank holiday weekend this weekend, so i'm really hoping that isn't going to mess with the postage system *fingers crossed*

Porge x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Only people who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible***

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PORGEcreations <3

http://porgecreations.deviantart.com/ <<< Open for commissions <3
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2010 07:33:06 AM »

WOW! (I feel like I am saying that a lot in this swap  Grin )  2 more amazing packages! 

parisgirl, the shrine and the beeswax pendant are great!  I don't think I've ever seen a beeswax pendant - so cool!

fluffybakka, illusion socks!?!  Love them!  And the hatter felted purse!  wisted!

I think this has been the best gallery I've ever seen and it's not done yet!  Everyone has come up with such creative and different ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2010 08:09:46 AM »

I got my package today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Transatlanticism is an amazing artist.  I loved everything.

Yay I'm so glad you received today, I was starting to get nervous! I'm glad you enjoy everything-- sorry the bag is wonky, my sewing skills are not great, but I embarked on a challenge for some reason haha.

It's perfect!  My sewing skills aren't very good either!  I have yet to attempt a bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Selective Editing in Lightroom 4
Taking Advantage of Type Styles in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Minions from Despicable Me 2
How to Draw Misa Amane from Death Note
How to Draw Milla Jovovich from Resident Evil
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...