A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bag-bags - a cute place to keep plastic grocery bags  (Read 759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donnevita

I reject your reality and subsitute my own

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2010 10:18:00 PM »

G'day home crafty folks! Recently I have made some "bag bags" well so far just 2, but I plan on making a blue one to go with my Aunty's new blueish home. I dunno about other places but in Australia if you forget to bring your "green bags" to the shops (which I do frequently grr) you end up with a bunch of plastic bags which I like to use as garbage bags. I hated stuffing the plastic bags into a cupboard it looks so messy! My mum has a cute old Little Mermaid bag bag she got ages and ages ago somewhere and really they are very simple to make. Im pretty new at sewing so any wonkyness would be because of that... Oh and Im using a camera phone, Im getting a proper camera for my birthday this month... cant wait!

They are basically a rectangle of material sewn into a tube with elastic on the bottom end and 2 button holes, cord and a toggle on the top end.

I made this pink one for a friend's housewarming, sadly she hasnt been using it.... said she doesnt have anywhere to hang it... Maybe the colour was a bit much for her but I love it, polka dots rock! Theres no bags in it so it looks a bit skinny

Top end

White one for myself... before cord and toggle. It did pucker a little up the top when I sewed it but I was lazy and figured that it was going to gather when I put the cord in it anyways!

Action shot
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dont do what you cant undo, until youve considered what you cant do once youve done it." - Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

http://bubbleswithlub.blogspot.com/

http://www.bubbleswithlub.etsy.com/
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010 10:55:04 PM »

Ah yes, I love those things. So handy, and everyone always loves getting one as a gift!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Criddy
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010 05:01:28 AM »

Nice bag bag's Smiley I just made a few of these myself for my Mum and I just out of material from one of her old dresses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
donnevita

I reject your reality and subsitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010 05:50:19 AM »

Ooooh old dress... I wish I had an old blue dress/something to make the one for my Aunty Sad The fabric I used was on sale at the time but I suspect that sale is over now, I was planning on jazzing up the white material but Ive been feeling so lazy lately! How much better is life with bag bags!? lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dont do what you cant undo, until youve considered what you cant do once youve done it." - Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

http://bubbleswithlub.blogspot.com/

http://www.bubbleswithlub.etsy.com/
VJP
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

I Love Someone With Autism

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010 07:41:40 AM »

Ohhhh....I love this idea. I just use a plastic bag. This will work much better. Must try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Craft a Day keeps old age at bay.
Criddy
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010 05:31:12 AM »

Ooooh old dress... I wish I had an old blue dress/something to make the one for my Aunty Sad The fabric I used was on sale at the time but I suspect that sale is over now, I was planning on jazzing up the white material but Ive been feeling so lazy lately! How much better is life with bag bags!? lol

Heh yeah it's good to be able to recycle old clothing to make something to help recycle more lol. You could always look in op shops for something blue that you could use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look from Gucci Fall 2014
Get the Look from Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2014
Get the Look from Michael Kors Fall 2014
Dove Helps Women Find Their Inner Beauty
Get the Look from Anna Sui Fall 2014
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...