ok, I eat the freida khalo necklace. eat.
pantsafari, how did tou make that frame? I eat Java Monsters and I've been wanting to do something crafty with the cans.
Its a pretty simple concept, its just really time consuming.
heres my step by step...
1) drink 2-3 canned beverages of your choice ( I use three cans if its 12oz, two if its a larger can)
2)buy a wooden frame ( I use one with 2' of frame all around) And paint it some color
3) mark a grid on your frame ( I do a 1" grid) this is important becuase the frame may or may not be exact in its measurements, so the grid keeps things even.
4) cut open your cans using tin snips or kitchen shears
5) cut cans into squares (1" in this case) (and I also use a quilters ruler and an exacto knife to score the can and then bend it on the score line to "cut")
6)put a few strips of double sided tape down on the frame to hold can peices in place
7) one square at a time and using your grid, hammer down all four corners using ity bitty nails. cut can squares as needed to fit your grid.
grind down any nails poking through the back with a dremel.