A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pouch sling tutorial  (Read 8284 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_sling , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

veri
« on: March 03, 2010 11:30:06 AM »

Hi, there, I finally got the courage to post again. I realized I had the pics uploaded but have never post the topic.

I did this sling almost 3 years ago - it was the very very first thing I did after my 1.DD was born (she was one of those no-sleep baby (and still is - just not a baby anymore Wink). She never slept unless cuddling in arms and even than it was in 10 minutes intervals Tongue. Well, we survived Grin.

But the first and only time when she was sleeping for 3 hours straight was after the TBC vaccination (other vaccinations didn't have that effect). I was tired like hell but I was also starved of crafts and I really needed a sling since we live in the 3rd floor with no elevator... Best spend 3 hours ever! This sling saved our lives! She fell asleep when we put her in! Everytime she was tired, this worked like magic! Of course she usually didn't tolerate being put in the bed after she fell asleep but at least she slept and was happy in sling:)

Ok, onto the pics: here is that same sling still in use for my second DD - she loved it as well but she usually didn't fall asleep in it.

We liked it the best from all of the slings that I made - it was perfect for the home-use where you handle baby a lot - put her in and out all the time and so on... Really easy to put on an off, to put the baby in,... We took it everywhere, literally.

How do you like it?

Link to tutorial on page 2:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=340068.msg4033543#msg4033543
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013 01:30:10 PM by MareMare - Reason: to insert tute link » THIS ROCKS   Logged
humboldtcherry

Marching to the beat of a different accordion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010 11:42:05 AM »

It looks very handy. I wish I had one of those when my five where little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gemininmb
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010 11:46:33 AM »

Great idea - did you use a pattern?  if so can you share the name of the pattern or where you got it.  This is just what I am looking for my soon to be bundle of joy.

Nicole
THIS ROCKS   Logged
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010 11:53:02 AM »

The sling is cool.
THE BABY IS ADORABLE!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010 11:53:40 AM »

I love baby carriers (I have a long wrap and a ring sling) and this one looks fab! Good work. (and am also curious about the pattern you used  Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
roccstarr75
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010 12:02:57 PM »

The sling is cool.
THE BABY IS ADORABLE!!!!!

no, that baby is not adorable....that baby is GORGEOUS!

Seriously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010 12:03:26 PM »

Great Job!  And I can tell it worked well Smiley  I didn't have the courage to make one for myself and ended up receiving a wrap sling as a gift, so there went my motivation.  But, I found the wrap sling clumsy sometimes, and want to try a "pouch" type of sling for my 2nd...I will be keeping an eye out for the pattern if you decide to share.  Again, excellent work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rogueknitter

Well-behaved women seldom make history.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010 01:36:18 PM »

OMG adorable baby!!!!! 

I'm expecting and am going to be baby-wearing...I've been kicking the idea of sewing my own sling around for awhile.  Did you use a pattern?  Yours looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Artisan82

formerly Crafty.Canadian

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010 03:13:34 PM »

This is so awesome! My first is due April 19th and I WANT this! I, like the other posters, would LOVE a pattern or tutorial.  My husband would even use this!

I rocked this, and will be bookmarking it in case you do post a pattern.

And, let it not go without saying that your kid is flawless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post all my crafty stuff on Facebook.  I'd LOVE if you'd like my page!
Artisan 82 on Facebook
My baby, my Etsy shop: Artisan 82 on Etsy
veri
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010 01:00:49 AM »

Thanks for the responce, everyone! The pattern is originally from Sew and go baby but I altered it a bit. If here will be a lot of interest I could make a tute since I have to do anotherone soon.

It really is the most handy sling there is. We used it every single day of the last 2,5 years Grin (our girls are less than 1,5 year apart). When the baby is small you can carry her around for the whole day wihtout too much trouble - because the weight is distributed through the back and not only on the shoulder. But when the baby gets heavy it gets more difficult and than a wrap is more sutitable for long walks. But this one still beats it in the house while cooking Cheesy.

It's really comfortable for the baby due to the good pattern and soft brushed flanell on the inside. The babies can be in their fetus position if they feel like sleeping or sit up and look around if they are curious. I have a feeling they really feel safe in it. Every baby really calmed if I put her/him in it - I tried it on many babies Wink.
My friend bought a sling but it didn't work for her son and I tried it as well with my second dd (the one on this photos). She started screaming when I put her in it! So it really is true that slings are not at all alike! Some are good and some are just not working for some babies/mothers. I tried this sling with her son and he really liked it - though he was wiht me and not with his mom. Shocked

I didn't like the ring kind but that is probabbly because I couldn't find rings of the right size. I'll order some online if/when we make another baby Grin (they are so cute it's hard to stop - though a bit of pause now - our babies are gourges (in our opinion, of course) but my pregnancies are far far away from that - they are pure suffer;D)

crafty canadian, my beloved "male" carried both our kids a lot - in tnis and other slings (that among other reasons is why I love him so - he really is the best dad there is). Accually he liked it so much that I decided to make another bigger version of the puch sling for him! It's made from zebra striped fabric and lined with soft natural calico. You wanna see thatone, too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Limited Edition: Modern Mermaid Unboxing!
Brazil Flag Nail Art Tutorial
Easy Makeup Tricks for Summer
Seven Days of Makeup Looks with Beauty Blogger Nicole Marie
How to Master the Basic Manicure
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...