A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,671
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shiver Me Timbers!  (Read 10316 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2005 05:29:59 PM »

I've started getting Delivery Confirmation numbers, post your photos here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aquariann
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005 05:26:38 PM »

Ahoy, mates. Cheesy I got this lovely package from IQJones several days ago, and finally am having a chance to show it off. She made me a very nautical frame with a very sexy picture of Jack Sparrow in it, as well as some magnet pins with him and my other favorite pirate, Sea Hawk from She-Ra. I love love the jewelry, too...thank you so much!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010 09:18:57 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

when my wings finally tatter and fall, drown me in the sea.
but for now, float with me at aquariann.com

*find my fantasy art on magnets, bookmarks, cards, and more at my Etsy shop*
macaulkv
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005 03:05:11 PM »

Since my clever swap partner managed to run across my pirate crafts in other forums, I might as well post pics of what I sent though she hasn't gotten it yet! Here's a shot of the whole lot:

A treasure chest roladex,4 buried treasure soaps, 4 dead men correspondance cards, pirate jewelry & keychain, a mixed CD, skulls 'n crossbones ID lanyard (not pictured) and a record bowl to store it all in! Some close-ups of the goods:

Buried treasure soap: melt and pour glycerin soap with suspended plastic treasure coins.

Correspondance cards: pirate-themed notecards with matching stickers and envelopes made from maps. Outside of card reads 'Dead men tell no tales' inside reads 'You're not dead are ye, matey?' Embellished with red glitter.                 

Shiver me timbers: A pirate music mixed CD with all the pirate-themed songs I could find. Includes tracks and music from: the Pirates of Penzance, the Pirates of the Carribean movie, Muppets Treasure Island, the Disneyland pirates ride, Peter Pan, some Guy Threepwood sound clips, and many more.

Pirate jewelry:  I made a necklace by stringing a plastic pirate captian on a silk cord to make an adjustable necklace, bracelet or choker. I strung the pirate first mate on a key chain for a pirate-themed key fob. There's a fun beaded 'I heart Pirates' bracelet too.

Treasure chest roladex: Inside lid reads ' A pirate's most valued treasure is her mates' (so true!). Plastic treasure coins are glued on the inside of a stained pre-made treasure chest from the craft store. I added the leather strips and brass nails on the outside for an authentic look.

A detail shot of the roladex: With help from some beer and friends, I came up with a pirate or nautical word for each corresponding letter on the alphabet divider cards. I crafted the address cards & dividers on my computer in Illustrator and printed them out on cardstock. The background picture is the promo shot for the Pirates of the Carribean movie. Here's what's on all the alpha cards in case anyone wants to use my newly created Pirate alphabet:

a = arrg
b = bucaneer
c = captian
d = doubloon
e = eyepatch
f = fathom
g = gold
h = a'Hoy (stretched this one a bit)
i = incorrigible
j = jolly roger
k = keg
l = peg Leg (stretched this too)
m = matey
n = navigation
o = overboard
p = parrot
q = quest
r = rum
s = spyglass
t = treasure
u = undercurrent
v = vicious
x = x marks the spot
y = yo-ho
z = zoophyte (a plantlike animal, esp. a coral, sea anemone or sponge.)              

I had so much fun making everything, I hope she enjoys it!  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005 03:25:47 PM by macaulkv » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005 03:53:45 PM »

Holey son of a sea bisquit batman.. *blinks* uhm psstt macaulkv, you and your amazing crafts are making the rest of us look bad Wink

Wow, just wow, that stuffs phenominal. Lucky partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
mayerlove
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005 04:10:47 PM »

holy crap! that stuff is amazing. great job, guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005 05:18:18 PM »

Since my clever swap partner managed to run across my pirate crafts in other forums, I might as well post pics of what I sent though she hasn't gotten it yet!

That's why I specifically asked people NOT to post photos of what they had made until they had been received. Let's be fair, ok, no one wants their surprise ruined so please no one else do this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
macaulkv
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005 08:01:19 PM »

Since my clever swap partner managed to run across my pirate crafts in other forums, I might as well post pics of what I sent though she hasn't gotten it yet!

That's why I specifically asked people NOT to post photos of what they had made until they had been received. Let's be fair, ok, no one wants their surprise ruined so please no one else do this.

Hum, where was that guideline? I must have missed it. Oh well, I am sure my partner isn't too bummed out, she seemed thrilled at what she stumbled across. I think you can put my fumbles down as newbie swapper anxiety, but I'll learn for the next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005 08:24:02 PM »

how about these for the pirate alphabet:
H= Hardies (as in "Avast Ye, Me Hardies!")
L= Locker, for Davy Jones's Locker

Ahoy, mates. Cheesy I got this lovely package from IQJones several days ago, and finally am having a chance to show it off. She made me a very nautical frame with a very sexy picture of Jack Sparrow in it, as well as some magnet pins with him and my other favorite pirate, Sea Hawk from She-Ra. I love love the jewelry, too...thank you so much!
Glad you like:) I am all about the paper used on the frame-- I'd wallpaper my room in it if it wouldn't be so much $$.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005 11:22:56 PM »

I think I would have used 'Hook' and 'Landlubber'
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilonavg
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005 01:48:03 AM »

Oh well, I got over the fact that the surprise was ruined by buyng myself a bucket of icecream and I'm just really glad that I can be sure that the items I'll be getting will be fabulous. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In olden times when wishing still helped one...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Susanna Clarke Wishes She Had This Talent
Ian Halperin Talks About Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson
Charles R. Smith Jr. Talks About My People
Brendan McNally Talks About Germania
Pete Cerqua Talks About 90-Second Fitness Solution
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...