A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
803 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hats! And Glittens! And Socks! Oh My! [IMG heavy]  (Read 708 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , socks  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

losingstreak
« on: March 01, 2010 06:04:12 PM »

It's probably about time that I share what I've done over the last three or so months! I'm only sort of working at the moment which means lots of spare time to destash and make an excessive amount of winter accessories that (hopefully!) won't be needed a few weeks from now.

I've been knitting for years, and somehow this was only the second hat I've made:

I learned my lesson about using smaller needles for the ribbing. I won't make that mistake again.
(Knitty's Fernglade)

Lotus Hat

Tassled Lace Bookmark turned headband

These socks are my first! I found them fairly simple to do and would make more if I ever saw a need.. these were supposed to be a birthday gift for a friend and I kind of just forget to give them to her and acquired them for myself. Excuse the super strange angle that makes my leg look giant.

Knitty's Monkey

These were the glittens from hell! I had so many problems with them. I'm mostly satisfied with the way they came out in the end though. Pretending I even know how to embroider a little bit was more difficult than I thought. (The idea to do so was obviously stolen from Knitty's Knucks. I'm just happy that they're finally done (as of a few weeks ago) and they're quite warm! I followed Knitty's Broad Street Mittens, cept I opted for an afterthought thumb instead and used these instructions for the flip top.

Inspiration for using Sink/Swim came from The Gaslight Anthem, who have an album entitled "Sink or Swim" (which is wonderful and everyone should check out!)

And of course  I need a matching hat! Which is missing an action shot since its a little small and I haven't worn it and I either need to stop avoiding blocking or add some more height to it.

Parrotfish / Pomatomus hat

Knitty's Knucks for mi madre

Spring Beret

Star Crossed Slouchy Beret

And last but not least

Opus Spicatum for my sister.. I LOVE this pattern and definitely want to make one for myself! This was my first real time doing color-work (I've done some double knitting, but I feel like that doesn't count for some reason). I'm so happy with how it came out

So very much love to Ravelry for making it ridiculously easy to find wonderful free patterns from all sorts of generous designers
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I keep fixing every habit that I break..
Belruel

I heart-hands you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010 06:16:42 PM »

beautiful work! I especially love that pink/grey hat, and that blue headband.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just joined Ravelry, let's be friends?
My Wists
BlairsBear

Sentence first -- verdict afterwards.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010 12:27:00 PM »

Wow!  Nice work, all of it!  I like the pink and grey hat and the socks especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it had grown up, it would have made a dreadfully ugly child; but it makes rather a handsome pig, I think.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
William Deresiewicz on Breaking Out of the Educated Flock
Explain Yourself: Richard Brody, Film Critic
The Fiction Issue Trailer
Just Winging It
Real-Life Consequences
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...