Welcome to the Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap! Don't have time to participate in other swaps? Here's your answer! This swap is for swapping supplies or crafts you've already made.
If something is not clear, feel free to PM me, gavagai! or ask in the discussion thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332561.0
Also, everyone who is planning to participate in the swap, please make sure to post in the discussion thread, if only to say hello!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: gavagai
Sign-up date range: 03/01/10 - 03/31/10
Date to send item by: within 2 weeks of being claimed
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
Age requirement? 18+Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NODetails of swap:
If you a) have crafts lying around that you've made
or b) want to de-stash supplies or
or c) enjoy making things for other people
...then this swap is for you! It's a lot like the Ongoing Wish Swap, except instead of posting what you want to receive, you'll post what you want to give. To join you must have at least five things that you have made/would like to make/want to trade.
This is an ongoing swap, feel free to join up at any time this month! To join, first send a Personal Message to organizer gavagai with the following questionnaire info. Once you are approved, you are free to claim something (i.e. one item) from the most recent list posted, and then post your own list, someone claims from it and the swap goes on like that, like a chain. Please note that you will need to add things to your list and/or reduce prices (maybe let people pick two things instead of one) if noone claims from your list for a couple of days. We want to keep the swap going!
...and that's it, basically
If you want to participate, information to send to organizers
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - February 2010
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (you must be to join): (*Please note that this means you have to be willing to send ANY item from your shop out of the country*)
Confirm that you are at least 18 years old (and please mention how old you are if under 18) (yes/no):
Your list of at least five items (crafts you can make/have ready-made or details of supplies you wish to offer), detailed description not necessary:
Have you read the swap info (in this post) carefully and commit to follow the rules of the swap?:
Do you agree to add things to your list and/or reduce prices if noone claims for a couple of days, and keep doing so until claimed, doing your best to keep the swap going?:
Have you made sure to post in the 2010 discussion thread for this swap?:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month, if Craftsters decide to organize a new round at that time.
Remember your outstanding claim limit for this round:
Friend of Craftster: Three
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two
This is how many pending at a time you may have. As soon as one of your packages is received then you may claim again.
Your list of offerings: if your list stays up for more than 48 hours before someone claims from it, you must add something to it. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your earrings, so now they can take two pairs for a single claim instead of just one.) If you are having trouble coming up with stuff to add, consider offering a small item to be custom made for the person who claims from you. This can be conditioned on using stash items if you wish. Remember that it must be something that you can complete in two weeks, unless your partner agrees otherwise.
Once someone claims from you, you have two weeks to get the package in the mail. Please contact the organizer by personal message when you send the package and when you receive a package so everyone gets credit.
ALSO: Please make sure to post to the discussion thread so you stay up on any updates!
Do not sign up unless you are willing to send outside of your country. This means that you will be willing to send ANYTHING in your list out of the country, if claimed. Please do not list items as "US only." If you feel that an item is too heavy to send internationally, please do not list it in your shop.
Check out the previous rounds if you need help figuring out the scope of what to put on your list. It is typically in the $5-$15 range, from a half a yard to a couple yards of fabric depending on weight and fanciness, crafted accessories, grab bags of yarn, beads, buttons and notions, things of that nature.
Photos and the Gallery: Whenever possible, include pictures of the items you're offering in your posts. When you receive, it is important for you to thank your partner, be courteous and communicative, but a lot of the items are premade or stash, so posting pictures in the Gallery isn't crucial. The exception to this is when something is custom-made for you in this swap. And if you make something with supplies you receive in this swap, we want to see it!
Delivery Confirmation numbers are mandatory for people in the U.S. sending to other people in the U.S., and everyone else must keep their receipts.
This round of the swap will close around midnight, on the official Craftster clock, March 31. Feedback will (ideally) be given on April 1st for all participants who have no pending claims. Everyone whose packages haven't been received will get feedback once the package reaches its destination.
1. Make sure to PM the organizer and who you sent to when you send out, with DC number if you are both in US.
2. Make sure to PM the organizer and who you receive from when you receive.
3. As soon as you claim something from someone, shoot them a PM with your address so that they have it and don't have to chase you down later.
4. Let’s keep this swap moving, Please try to stay on top of adding new things/combining items into one claim if your list stays up more than a couple days, or the organizer will hunt you down and remind you.
5. Post pics in the gallery if someone makes you something custom or you make something from supplies you receive.
6. Let’s try to keep this thread for lists as much as possible to save on confusion. If your list is up, you may post a "bump" after you have added something new/combined your items, but otherwise please try to post all questions/comments/requests/whatever into our discussion thread .