A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 56 - DONE  (Read 18069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010 07:27:05 PM »

I claim BabyCakes8510 for a wisty surprise!

First Claim this round.

About Me

Greetings everyone! 32 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. My favorite colors are jewel tones (like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber) or earth tones (like greens/browns together). I like silver but not really gold. (Copper''s ok too.) My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy. I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together. My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes. I love to read, I enjoy photography and I love all things Disney!

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

Crafts

Sewing

*new* And a VERY BIG WISH! -- A Cozy Winter Wrap like this thread. (She also has a tutorial here.) The embroidery shown on it is totally optional and totally not required. Most any color would be ok (just no red/orange/yellow/pinks please.) I am ALWAYS cold and would LOVE one of these!!

-- A simple robe. I really like this style. Doesn''t have to be exactly like that but I like the Japanese/Asian/Cherry Blossom influence, but it could be other colors/patterns that I like as well. Doesn''t need to be form-fitting, can be a little roomy just not too oversized. (A little roomy is fine.) I''m generally a US size 4.

-- A day tote. There''s not a thing I don't love about this one for example, but it could be in different fabrics of similar colors for example. It looks sturdy and says it has pockets and the shape is really lovely.

-- A Weekender Type Bag. I really like this one which would be a lovely weekender bag since I don't own any luggage. (It has an almost Steampunk feel to me with the leather - which could totally be faux!) And of course, Amy Butler's pattern is neat but it wouldn't have to be in her fabric.

*new* -- Table Top Ironing Mat like THIS. I don't always have room to pull my full ironing board out but I usually have space on my counter or table. So this is brilliant!

*new* -- Ironing Board Cover (with padding) The covers cost as much as a new iron but mine is nasty, discolored and so flat that you iron the iron weave of the board's frame into your clothes. It''s a standard ironing board of normal length and size. Can be plain or simple fabric but must of course be durable and heat tolerant.

-- Something made from the JOEL DEWBERRY'S AVIARY ALMOND FABRIC. (Stuff like this wristlet or these potholders or this craft apron or this card holder etc. Pillows, aprons, anything! I am just in love with this fabric!

*big wish* -- Some throw pillow slip covers. I'd love to change up my throw pillows more often. What might be fun is to have some slip covers I could put over the existing pillows to mix things up now and then. I have two standard size, square pillows (I can measure for exact if you want) on my couch. My living room features a "sand" colored couch and dark "espresso" brown entertainment center with chrome accents. So browns and blues would be cool, but also like autumny colors, or earth tones or maybe even some seasonal ones. I don''t know. It just seems like it'd be fun to have an assortment to change it out now and then! I'm wisting some prints I like as examples HERE. (thanks, MommyTheMaid! I''d still be up for more to have ones to rotate out!)

*new* -- A sewing machine cover. I do own one - this one specifically - but I'm still pretty terrible. I also don't use it a lot so a nice, pretty cover would be good to keep the cat hair and dust off it.

Knitting

*HUGE wish* -- This "entrelac" style scarf in these type of earthy, natural colors. (If it were in a mix of teal blue and chocolate brown that would work too.) I think this is one of the most perfect things ever. I don't really need scarves as a rule because I live in Florida, but I''d find reasons to wear one like this!

*big wish* -- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft I''ve got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl''s sized large socks for reference. There are some wisted here for inspiration. thanks ifallthraindrops! I''d love many, many pairs though! Cheesy

-- A cable knit bag. I really like cable knit and I think this bag is really cool.

-- A lightweight/lacy shawl. (Like this example. I love the delicate lace of this. I'm always cold so something to cover my arts at dinner or in the movies would be great. Could be this or other colors. Something neutral probably best. Doesn't have to be this identical pattern, just this basic concept.

Other

-- Fitted Style Tee Shirts. Short sleeve, 3/4 length or long sleeve. (Since this time of year I might get to actually wear a longer sleeve!) Fitted, size small or US 4 equivalent. I have received a ton and I love them but I also live in fitted tees and more are always welcome. I have a bunch of styles I love wisted for inspiration. thank you to everyone who''s made one - I can''t get enough!

*new**big wish*  -- Hand-Dyed / "Shibori-Dyed" Fitted Tee Shirts Like above, short sleeve, 3/4 or long sleeve is fine so long as it''s fitted. I like styles like THESE in my wists. I especially love the flame style one but really like this type of look a lot. It''s different from the shirts I typically wear and I like that. (Please just no hippie/Grateful Dead rainbow style tie dye. Nothing against hippies but it''s just not my personal preference.)

*new*  -- Hand carved stamps. Neat things I can decorate packages or letters with. Trees are great, vines, penguins, a phoenix, owls, etc. Anything based on the stuff I like would be great!

*big wish*  -- Something stained glass - sun catcher, nightlight, glass mosaic item, etc. I just love stained glass and wouldn''t even know where to begin making it myself. I have a wall of sliding glass doors and a balcony to show things off.

-- Something glass work like a vase or something. Blown or torch or whatever. A cool medium I don''t know how to work with at all. This is really pretty for example.

-- Something ceramic/pottery or vase or a bowl or a tea mug or cereal bowl (I eat cereal every day!) or anything like that. Decorative or useful! Again, a skill I don't have but really love. (A couple things I''ve wisted for inspiration.)

*big wish* -- Anything with a phoenix on it. I LOVE the phoenix and there''s not nearly enough phoenix-related things in the world or my life. You can check out my wisted phoenix items here as inspiration.

-- Fused glass or glass (microscope) slide pendants you think I'd like. (Here are some wisted inspiration items as examples.)

-- Home decor items that you think I'd like based on my wists, likes, etc. I love the chocolate brown/blue combo, my living room is browns, creams and touches of blue. I also have two kitties who would love things to play with/scratch/climb on, etc.

*new*  --Organizational items I have way too many dvd''s and not enough storage for them, I could use decorative storage in general, I have a ton of fabric that just sits in piles that need organizing, I have a lot of miscellaneous craft supplies with no place to put away (hole punches, scissors, sewing tools, pens, markers, paper, beads, wire, beading tools etc. etc. etc.) Help me wrangle my crafting mess!!

-- Something with owls. I love owls, especially snowy and great horned owls.

-- Surprise me! Look at my wists or my amazon wishlist, or the colors I like and see what you can make that you think I''d like.

Craft Supplies

*new* *HUGE wish* -- Jewelry Presentation Displays I have one in black but I need a necklace one in WHITE for photographing my work. I could also use a necklace/earring combo and a bracelet hand. These are styles I like and could REALLY use:
 - Simple Necklace: Display, necklace, leatherette, white, 10x8 inches
 - Fancier Necklace/Earrings: Display, necklace/earring, frosted acrylic
 - Another Fancier Necklace/Earrings: Display, Venus figure, opaque white, 12 x 8-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches
 - Ring/Bracelet Display, acrylic, clear frosted, 7-1/4 x 4-1/2 x 3 inch hand

*new* -- Watch Gears/Parts - cogs, gears, faces, etc. Any parts I can use in Steampunk jewelry.

*new* -- A sewing basket. You know, classic little box with a handle to store my growing collection of threads, notions, scissors, etc. Like this idea/ or this one. Doesn''t have to be that fabric or anything but that idea. Right now, all my stuff is just piled up in a mess on my desk.

*new* -- Ink Pads - You know, for rubber stamps? I had two and got four more in a swap but I could use many more colors. I have some blues right now but no black, red, orange, green, etc. The more the merrier!

-- Mini Cake Pans. How cute are these? I do''t know that I *need* them per se, but they''re just so darn fun.

-- Lampwork beads. Love. Wish I could make but I''m too scared of open flame. Cheesy

-- Beading supplies. I create jewelry so I'm always looking for unique and interesting pendants, charms, gemstone beads, large focal beads and such. Also, I love Swarovski crystal, unique clasps or toggles. Also any 16 or 24 gauge wire is in any color is always useful.

Extras
-- Tea! Especially fruity ones.

-- Chocolate! (white, milk or dark) No coconut please.

-- Candies! (whatever neat little treats you enjoy, send 'em my way. I love candy)

-- Sewing magazines. (especially things geared towards newbies)

-- Beading magazines (esp ones with projects/tutorials)

Thanks in advance to whomever picks me! Grin
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010 07:32:21 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
6iggle

art. fashion. love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010 07:58:45 AM »

I claim pheonixfiredesigns for Home decor / something phoenix related.    (..did i just give it away? LOL)

This is claim #1, 0 sent, 0 received

Hi, my name is Paulina! I've recently turned 20 on January 23rd. Im currently in school studying Visual Arts, and also working towards my education degree so I can be a Highschool Teacher. I always look on the brightside of things, and I am completely indecisive about everything. Im really easy going, and appreciate the little things in life. Dr.Suess is my inspiration, and I find giraffes to be intriguing animals.
Im really easy going. To be honest, the below list is just a guideline, I just love getting stuff in the mail!
Oh! And Im in Ontario, Canada.

Themes
panda, pigs, unicorns, giraffes, zebras, fantasy, medieval, Disney, Dr.Seuss, purples, blues, grays, visual arts, being a teacher, teaching, learning, traveling, cutesy, giving back to the community, being positive

Wishes
-**something in my above themes, that is crafted in your specialty!**  Grin
-Anything on/inspired by my Wists http://www.wists.com/paulinaa/
-Something I can put in my classroom when I (eventually) get out there n be a teacher
-Tote bag, embellished however you like
-A fun dice cube that says yes, no, maybe, flip again etc. (I'm completely indecisive)
-Polymer clay - earrings, cellphone charms, hair clips
-Handmade pencil case !
-Something to organize my necklaces and bracelets (preferbly something that can stand on its own)
-A rabbit stuffy. Ive wanted a rabbit for the past 2 years, but never had a chance to adopt one.
-A giraffe stuffy. I dont know why giraffe, I just think they look so odd HAHA  
-A wrislet in monochrome colours. (nothing too flashy)

*new* -A bubble tree pendent http://www.wists.com/paulinaa/810ff07281f73c345b30c79282084259
*new* -A tote/book bag that says: "Tori" on it, with a simple keyboard/music themed design (for my sister)
*new* -A keyboard scarf (like this but a bit thinner) http://www.wists.com/paulinaa/70ec008b450b81fc721d84dd0068406d
*new* -A jar/bottle/box of whimsies!
*new* *big wish* - my first poppet. these things amaze me.

Supplies
-Scrapbooking/ Altered Art materials: paper, stamps, stamp pads, jewels, stickers, embellishments etc.
-any fabric you dont want  Tongue
-shrinky dink paper

Extras
-Cookies! (im also open to try your best baked goods!  )
-Teas! (love trying new flavours)
-ATCs/ inchies

~ thank you in advance to whoever picks me
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 08:36:03 AM by 6iggle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbbyRose
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010 09:21:41 AM »

I claim 6iggle for something Giraffe related plus some supplies/extras.

This is my second claim this round Smiley

My name is Adelle and I am a 27 year old sahm to my 20 mth old daughter, Abigail. I live in Ontario, Canada. My husband works in sales and is an avid golfer. But enough about him. I love to cook, sew and make jewellery. I also paint occasionally and am interested in trying screen-printing, resin pendants and dying/spinning yarn. I live in a small town and we don't have a fabric store or a craft store so sending me a package with just supplies is fine with me! My husband is allergic to cats and I'm sensitive to cigarette smoke so if you're home has either, please wash, febreeze or air out your items before shipping. Thanks!

Big wishes are bolded.

CRAFTS:

* Anything inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/AbbyRose
* Reusable Swiffer pads like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=165049.0 Colour doesn’t really matter as long as it’s two different colours.
* Nightgown in one of these styles: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25691497&ref=sr_gallery_7&&ga_search_query=nightgown&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=13&order=price_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title or this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19063921&ref=sr_gallery_19&&ga_search_query=nightgown&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=14&order=price_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title - PM me for sizing and colour preferences
*Paintbrush Roll Similar to a needle or hook roll but I’d like it to have interfacing to protect the bristles from bending. I like this mishmash of fabric/colour choices and double-pockets. Not fond of the button closure though, ties would be better. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23670127
* Stiff fabric baskets to be used for storage. I love the ones where you can fold the cuff up or down to make them shorter or taller. I’d prefer them to be rectangular. Crazy bold prints are preferred, patchwork is fun too. Examples: this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19204627&ref=sr_gallery_1&&ga_search_query=storage+basket&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=12&order=price_asc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title or this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24862271
* Handmade Note Cards
Hand stamped, decorated with ribbons or buttons… Unique and original designs. I’d love some with the rose from my logo on it: http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab246/AbbyRoseCreations/4372140584_813fe10823_o1.jpg
* Nightgown for my 2 ½ year old daughter. Size 3T in jersey or lightweight cotton.

SUPPLIES - An entire supply package would be fabulous!!
* Screen Printing Supplies like what is found in this kit: http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2164-AA.shtml , especially a frame
* Fabric Fun, vibrant, abstract prints are preferred, I’m not really into character or animal . I like Alexander Henry Boutique Collection, Joel Dewberry Aviary and pretty much anything Amy Butler or similar styles. Scraps are great just nothing smaller than 3” x 3” please.
* Stretch Lace - No burgundy please. In ½” or greater
* Mica powder in all the colours of the rainbow. Teal and silver would be my top choices.
* Dyes for plant fibres like bamboo and cotton. Aqua, orange, fuschia, chocolate, lime green
* Small craft drill.
* Resist for fabric painting. I’d prefer the water-soluble kind
* Pendant trays for resin pendants. Round, square or oval.
* Small trinkets and items to imbed in resin.
* Embellishments to use on hairclips. Preferably no larger than ½”
* Coarse-Grind Powder, Fine-Grind Powder and Polishing Powder for my rock tumbler.

EXTRAS:

If you’re shipping from the States, I love the Whatchamacalit chocolate bar or regular chocolate (especially truffles)  I also love the light blue Orbit gum. Hubby adores Skittles and Nibs.

Healthy cook books or some of your own favourite healthy recipes. I do my best to avoid wheat, sugar, dairy and preservatives. Good thing I enjoy cooking because this makes eating out very difficult!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 09:25:47 AM by AbbyRose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010 10:13:04 AM »

Id like to claim AbbyRose for Reusable Swiffer pads and a little surprise
This is my 3rd claim this round, 2 outstanding, 0 in transit, 0 received

Allergy to nickel earrings
Live in the U.S.

Hi! Im a 28 y/o mom with a 2 y/o who I adore more than anything. Her name is Lily-Anne. You can never go wrong with making something for her! She is in love with all things Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and her favorite characters are Minnie and Daisy.
 Im an Oregonian living in North Dakota, and miss mountains and trees. My husband (who is from South Carolina) is in the Air Force, and that is why we are in the land of snow and ice. We are both on Weight Watchers currently. I work on base as an IT.
My favorite craft is crocheting, but I am also starting to fall in love with sewing. Other crafts I enjoy are needlepoint, painting, and learning to knit.
I love the Colts(American football team), collect Fairies, love t-shirts with either crafty designs, or humorous crafty logos on them, have been addicted to Buffy the Vampire Slayer for a long time, love the Office(the American version), the TV show Bones, the Beatles, the singer Pink, and am trying to live easier on our planet day by day.
My favorite color to wear is bright hot pink, but I also love jewel tones, and fall colors. I do not like the colors orange or yellow as main colors.
I read every single night before bed, and for the past year I have been addicted to urban fantasy genre, like The Hollows series, or the Mercy Thompson series. I also have a place in my heart for the Harry Potter books.
I love Asian and fantasy designs.
I wear an Xlrg t-shirt, my husband wears a mens xlrg,  and my daughter is in a 3t. The colors green, brown, or purple look beautiful on her.

Crafted Wishes
Anything you think I would like based on my introduction. I would definitely prefer more functional/useful items, but also love art. More freedom for fun items/toys to be made for my daughter if youd like.

Anything for my husband our 3 year anniversary is soon, fathers day is coming up, and his birthday is also coming up in a few months.
Somethings he would like/need cloth napkins, tshirts, robe, beer soap, art work, shot/beer/liquir glasses, key chain, pajama pants, knit socks, anything else you can think of
Good themes for something for him would be hunting(he bird hunts), Jack Daniels, Chevy Trucks, black and yellow labs, forest green, South Carolina Gamecocks, Sons of Anarchy, war movies, Call of Duty Modern Warfare

*Tshirts that Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory wears, I have a bunch on my wist that I like
*Handspun yarn *kitchen wetbags doesnt have to be exactly like this one, just an example
**T-shirt yarn, any color/size, Im making a huge multi-colored rug for dds room
*Art/paintings- anything that you would like to do, my bedroom walls are totally bare
*Crocheted/knitted/sewn/painted/clay etc of any of the following: Minnie, Daisy, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, or Pluto, maybe even Pete or Clarabelle as you dont find much for those 2 out there, and she likes them as well
*Anything with Mickey Mouse head/ears silhouette for Lily-Anne
*Shopping totes
*Anything upcycled/repurposed
*Plarn
Quilted eyeglass case for  me. thank you babalina58!
*Quilted eyeglass case for my mom or She loves leopard prints, religious prints, and flowers.
*Patchwork anything
*I spy bag
*Toddler Busy Book -http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24797937
*Minnie Mouse dress for Lily-Anne 3t or 4t http://www.wists.com/pixieval/8b4aa0b2fc6b19977558ceacb6986462?offset=40
*ATCs- I have a HUGE frame in my basement that they were going to throw away at work, and I would love to fill it with ATCs- no particular theme
*blank Notecards to put into swap packages that I send out
*simple clothes for Lily-Anne to take off and on her baby doll. I will give you any measurements that you need if you claim this
*12x12 crocheted or knitted squares- any color, any motif. I can use these either for the blanket I am making for myself, or Project Linus- prefer acrylic yarns please so I wont have to worry about allergy listings if I use them for charity
*knit socks
*ironing board cover
*cloth napkins
*cloth handkerchiefs
*reclaimed yarn from thrift store/old sweaters- natural yarns, or crazy funky colors if acrylic

My Wist is absolutely filled with things I love and want. http://www.wists.com/pixieval
Etsy Favs http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=5395212

Supplies
Crochet patterns- especially for anything Mickey (obviously Roll Eyes ) I cant read those fancy charts yet, so for right now only patterns that are written out please
Yarn- currently using a lot of cotton yarn, multi color acrylic, and always need black and white.
This year I am trying to make an afghan a month for a childrens charity, so any yarn that you have and would like to send would be awesome. Im going to be working on a scrapghan for the charity throughout the year, so even a couple yards would be useful.
cardstock
Fabrics- love Asian, Halloween, Christmas, childrens vintage or characters, owls, elephants, and novelty. Do not have many solid colors left so those would be helpful too. anything 5x5 or bigger is definitely appreciated.
Used postage stamps- especially from other countries, or older ones.
Beginner knitting patterns
sewing thread

Extras
Sugar free candies/weight watchers candies/chocolate
Chocolates from other countries
wine corks

Thanks in advance!! Wink
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 10:19:54 AM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JodiLynn85
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010 11:17:18 AM »

I claim Pixieval for cloth napkins for the family!!

This is my first claim of 2, with 0 sent and 0 received.

I am a 24 year old Coloradan who moved to Texas (all USA) with my husband and our dog. We've been married just over a year, and are loving life! I'm really into frugal living, and trying to pinch pennies in every way that I can. I love to sew and am just learning knitting. I've started an afghan that's going to take me FOREVER.

My favorite colors are dark forrest green, and blues of any shade. I don't like pink. But in reality, I really enjoy everything colorful (even pink as long as it is not overpowering). I am not very "girly" and don't wear much jewelry. I love The Beatles, Survivor, the Amazing Race, and books of all shape and sizes. I definitely prefer functional items, as I hate to clean but am having success with the Flylady.net system which promotes cutting down on clutter. I love historical fiction novels, particularly by Philippa Gregory. I got a degree from Colorado State University in History Education, but taught middle school math for a couple years before I got married and moved to Texas. I love Mario video games, and played a whole lot of Zelda growing up. I also enjoy quilting, though I've only ever actually finished one. I love sharks! I think they're fascinating.

Crafts:

Kitchen wetbags like this - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38793415&ref=sr_gallery_1&&ga_search_query=kitchen+wetbag&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[ but with whatever fabric

HUGE WISH - Reusable Paper towels - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334735.msg3875905#msg3875905

A weekender bag!!!!!!!

Reconned cute modest T-shirts (I'm a size medium after its reconned). I love this style: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334188.20

A throw or lap quilt

The jewelry I do occasionally wear are dangly earrings, though they can't be huge or chunky or heavy

I'd like to have some tree pendants for every season of the year (I've got summer already). There are some examples on my wist of kinds that I like. I will buy the chain if you make the pendant. Again, I don't want it to be insanely huge. Phoenix's designs are the perfect size. No bigger than that.

Wool dryer balls!

A mail organizer to hang on the wall - check my wist for an example

Knitted/whatevered out of yarn sockies for my house that I can simply slip into. My feet are always cold. I'd like them to go up a little farther on the toes, but basically like these ones: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32052674&ref=sr_list_2&&ga_search_query=knitted+house+socks&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

A sewn case for circular knitting needles

Wisty surprises are always fun!

Supplies:
Fabrics of all varieties!!! I don't like goth or skulls. I love Alexander Henry fabrics (especially apples and pears) in general, and I can't get them around here!
Knitting needles - I've just started and only have sizes 5 and 6 and 10 (all circular)
Buttons
Modern cross stitch projects/ideas/patterns/etc
Rotary cutter blades
I also have fun uses for fat quarters
Knitting magazines/how to-s/ideas
Kid-friendly fabrics (for quiltforkids.org since I don't have kids of my own)
Purse supplies such as magnetic closures and snaps
Pelon 809 Decor Bond interfacing! I use a ton of it

Extras:
Peppermint patties
Chocolates (especially dark and white) are always good
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 11:21:30 AM by JodiLynn85 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

50 Projects in 2010: 9/50 with several big ones in progress!
ifallthraindrops
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010 11:49:38 AM »

I claim JodiLynn85 for Knitted (probably, but possibly crocheted) slippers and probably some buttons.

This is my first claim for this round. : )

I am 19 and live in Fredericksburg, VA (USA) much of the year, where I go to school. My style is pretty haphazard--I never coordinate anything, so my decorating style is whatever I like, all cobbled together. I love bold prints and art deco and fun colors, but I'm not a fan of pink or orange. I love dark colors, like maroon and navy. I knit like a fiend (almost constantly) and also crochet, sew, spin, and dabble in paper craft. I really want to learn weaving, and soapmaking, just to add to my crafty repertoire. I have cats and a dog at home, but not at school, and they all stay out of my crafting supplies. I don't have any allergies. PM with any questions!

Crafts:

- **Big wish** A nice handbag. There are a couple of examples of my style on my wists. Something fairly plain in shape in a solid color or fun print. Fairly large (I carry everything with me), crossbody strap, lots of pockets.
- Weekender bag
-   Throw pillows (quilted, embroidered, knitted, whatever)
-   Zipper bags for storing random things (any size, really)
-   Hand-carved stamps. Pretty much anything as I have pretty much none.
-   Framed art for my boring dorm room (drawing, painting, embroidery... anything really.) Harry Potter, House, Grey's Anatomy, knitting, Futurama, Knitting, or Battlestar Galactica-themed would all be awesome, as well as various generic snark, hilarity, or pretty-ness. I have some favorite quotes too, so pm if you want more specifics. (This goes for pillows too)
-   Shawl pins/brooches.
- Something (pillow, zipper bag, shirt, almost anything) with Team Tyler's Van on it.

Supplies

-   ***Roving/Top for spinning (combed or carded)*** (This is my favorite supply to receive ever, and I will love you lots if that's the supply/thing you claim me for. : )  )
-   Large buttons, preferably in sets of at least four.
-   Yarn (natural fibers only, please), especially greens (like, forest or kelly) and blues or neutrals, any weight
-   Lino carving tool thing (for carving stamps)
-   Large erasers or rubber base thingies for carving stamps
-   Thread (any color)
-   Machine sewing needles (I go through them so quickly) regular, but also leather/denim.
-   Kool-Aid/dye for yarn/roving
-   Swift. You can even make it out of clothes hangers and a lazy susanI just wont ever get around to it myself.
-   Rotary Cutter mat (I have the cutter; just need the mat)
-   Awesome fabric--abstract/geometric prints, swirls, Amy Butler-esque, or linen. I love linen.
-   Vintage Ephemera
-   An x-acto knife/blades
-   STAMPS. Pretty much anything as I have pretty much none, but especially words/greetings.
-   Stamp Pads. See above note.
-   Resin kit
-   Purse handles (especially longish ones)
- Felt (acrylic or wool, I don't mind either)

Extras

Knitting/crocheting books (but pm first)
Paper crafting/card making books
Sewing books/magazines
Back issues of Interweave Knits, Knit1, Knit Simple or Vogue Knitting (or any other knit mags; please pm)
I'll never say no to chocolate or candies, especially gummies.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 11:51:22 AM by ifallthraindrops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

StephanieGravatt
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010 01:06:03 PM »

I claim ifallthraindrops for "Something (pillow, zipper bag, shirt, almost anything) with Team Tyler's Van on it" and "framed wall art"

This if my 1st claim of two.

I live in Florida (USA) with my husband, two-year-old identical twin girls, and our seven indoor cats.

Here's my wishlist!

Random Things About Me You Can Run With

Jerry Orbach is one of my all-time favorite people.

I love all things New York, especially New York City. I want to live there so badly, but my husband says no. *pouts*

Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2 are my favorite video games. I literally play them every day.

I am completely infatuated with PyramidHead from Silent Hill.

I love me some Jean-Claude Van Damme

I play Guitar Hero and RockBand on expert.

I like the Baroness from G.I. Joe (The *real* one, not that crappy new movie one.)

I love anything and everything with polka dots. Black and pink are my absolute favorite, but I do *love* all the different color combinations too. Currently my crafting room is painted pink with black polka dots.

My bedroom is decorated in horror movie decor, so anything along those lines would be great.

I'm a mom of twin girls so anything that says "twin mom" or its variations is great too.

I collect Disney Princesses, Care Bears, Superheroes, Neopets, and Chuck Taylors.

I really hate "Twilight".

Our kitchen is decorated in cows and pigs.

Our living room is decorated in our favorite television shows and movies. Absolutely anything made from the following would be awesome, "How I Met Your Mother", "40 Year Old Virgin", "Knocked Up", "Supernatural", "Superbad", "The Princess Bride", "The Odd Couple" (movie, not tv show), "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog", "24", "Bones", "FanBoys", "The Simpsons", "Serenity/Firefly", "The Office", "A Christmas Story", "The Golden Girls", "Shaun of the Dead", "Ghostbusters", "Hot Fuzz", "Saved By The Bell".

My three favorite characters on "Bones" are Dr. Lance Sweets, Hodgins, and Agent Booth.

I love the girlie looking skull with the bow.

Crafty:

*Biggest Wish of All* I want The Pink Nightmare for each of my kids. (http://z.hubpages.com/u/1895332_f260.jpg)

Blood spatter bedroom/bathroom decor (There's one I saw here on Craftster and will post a link as soon as I find it again.) **Already have the shower curtain - Thanks mrsbenjimadden**

Captain Hammer t-shirt.
- Captain Hammer logo
-Captain Hammer  Corporate Tool

In case of Zombies (Like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=304505.0, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=202668.0)

An Amigurumi Rabbid from Raving Rabbids video game.

Amigurumi Left 4 Dead characters.

T-Shirt with "I could totally make that" on it. (I say that all the time when I'm at the stores!)

An apron. (I really love this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=319728.0)

T-shirt or hoodie that says, "Vampires don't sparkle" (There's one that I need to find the link for.)

Comfy pajama pants.

Wonder Twin shirts for the kiddos.

Cute little hair bows for the kiddos.

Kitty food mat for their bowls. Something out of paw print/kitty material. I can send you measurements for how long/wide it needs to be.

Curtains for a few rooms in the house (Each room can be one claim) I will send measurements.
   - Black curtains for two windows in master bedroom.
   - Black w/ pink polka dot curtains for one window in craft room.
   - Disney princess curtains for one window in twins bedroom.
   - Care Bear curtains for one window in spare bedroom.
   - Cow print curtains for one window in kitchen.

Table cloth for kitchen table in cow print.

I love this pillow. (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=310871.0)

Supplies:

Shrinky-Dinks (I can't seem to find them around here.)
Spools of ribbon
Beads
Lobster Clasps (I can never seem to have enough)
Jewelry findings (I usually make things in silver but I need some in black)
Fabric
Perler Beads
Necklace pendant of a yellow VW bug (older model)
Crafting Magazines/Books (I do a little bit of a lot in crafting.)
Baking Magazines/Books
Photo Storage Boxes (Right now I have them in black, white, and pink with black polka dots.)
Plastic canvas
Yarn
Styrofoam wreaths and cones

Anything from my wist would also be awesome!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 01:35:32 PM by StephanieGravatt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/BritneyMarie
My Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/StephanieGravatt

Personal Swap Friendly!!

Swaps!!
OWS- Round 69
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010 04:45:22 PM »

I claim StephanieGravatt for some supplies and creepy pillow   Grin

1st claim this round....

My name is Leigh-Ann, and I live in florida w/my parents, and my awesome son Levi who is 31months old.   My son and I both have bad smoke allergies, so please dont claim me if anything you send might have been exposed.  

Things I like: my son (duh), the beach/ocean, dolphins, bright colors, anything green/natural/organic/environmentally friendly, sewing, crafting, my dog, Montessori, things that smell good (like cotton candy, baby powder, anything tropical, coconut, mint, anything a little kid would like), up-cycled stuff, fabric, vegetarian things, carseats

Things I dont like: TV/movie characters, camouflage, pastel colors, and grandma things, anything non-vegetarian, lace, plastic, jewelry, guns/knives

Crafted stuff:
-            Fabric lables!  Simple is fine, there are a bunch of tutorials online, I just havent gotten around to making  them yet...just needs to say 'Roots and Wings'  OR 'The Little Guy Store'
-   sundresses or other summer clothes for me, size 0, or small.  Simple is fine!
-   Shirts or clothes for my son, 3T or bigger for shirts, 2T for bottoms (his waist is 18.5), no hanes or gerber brand please, but up-cycled is fine! .. .some ideas:
o   pink shirt that says boys can like pink too or something along those lines
o   shirt that says I am a boy (people always think he is a girl)
o   anything hippie looking
o   tie dye
o   something w/ a bike or a camera on it
o   organic foods advocacy
o   carseat safety advocacy (I can give you more info on this, my 2.5yr old is still rearfacing!)
o   outfits to wear to gymnastics class would love gymnastic shirts (maybe a freezer paper stencil or appliqu w/gymnastics people on it), and comfy pants/shorts to run around in.
o   anything gender neutral, I really hate that all the boys shirts at the store have trucks/tools/dogs/fireman/superhero etc.  So anything thats NOT like that.  

-   Hanging wet bags (waterproof bags), one for in my bathroom (ocean themed) to hold wipes/mama cloth, and one for un-paper towels in the kitchen (orange/red/gold and tan/green palm tree theme)
-   Mama cloth PUL back, dark colored tops.  
-   Some sort of wall art that says right sides together for above my sewing machine (maybe w/a vintage singer design or something)
-   Anything to do with carseats Im a certified carseat tech.
-   I asked Levi what he wanted that someone could make, he said a squishy crab I dunno what he means by that, but maybe you could figure it out!
-   Anything Montessori, or any toys for a preschooler.  (maybe some sort of fabric bowling set?)
-   outgoing mail bag that hangs on a closet doorknob, needs to hold at least a couple packages.  
-   ANY kind of organizer/boxes/baskets etc.  
-   Lip stuff
-   Shampoo w/no artificial stuff in it (and no dairy/oats), for Levi
-   Anything you can make w/my sons picture on it, I love looking at him!
-   Small pillow (or case) w/ my sons silhouette on it somehow.  
-   Anything from my HUGE wists
-   I also have more stuff I want on my profile.  

Supplies:
-   Fabric, I love fabric, so Id be happy with anything!  I mostly make little boys stuff if that helps.   I could really use some flannel/printed knits/minkee, or any fun cotton prints!  
-   At least a yard of PUL
-   Ribbon, any amount, not the plastic-y kind.
-   Pins w/flat heads
-   Wide elastic
-   Thread!  For my machine (so not those tiny or super skinny spools)
-   Any sewing patterns for baby/toddler/kids, esp boys
-   Sundress sewing pattern for me
-   All kinds of interfacing
-   Snap press!!!!
-           twill tape!

Extras:
-   natural/organic snacks/treats/gum (vegetarian/vegan please)
-   fun tea (for my toddler, so no caffeine!)
-   anything mint
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 06:33:36 PM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hika-chan
Self Appointed Queen of the Leemars

A Mom enjoying my own adventures in Craftsterland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010 05:21:09 PM »

I claim leighi123 for: Anything you can make w/my sons picture on it, I love looking at him!

BRB with my list

I live in Washington with my amazing son, daughter and hubby. We have 2 kitties who own our house.   I'm putting together a coffee themed living room and kitchen (as they are connected) in browns, tans and a deep red/burgendy.  I personally love pink and black combos and would have done the whole house that way if hubby didn't object.
My son's room is done in barnyard animals of horses and cows. But he loves ghiraffs, all horses, elephants and cows the most.
My daughter's room is done in disney princess themes. Currently her favorite princess is Jasmine and any jasmine items would get an extreme amount of love.
I love anime/manga! Anything themed around one of my favorites would be well loved and appreciated.  

CRAFTS

*BIG WISH* I want a purse or book bag that resembles Amu's egg purse. Its the little box on her belt. http://www.wists.com/Hika-chan/e0f8abe64e13521bfe23a51c1b7bcc80?offset=0

* A WIP bucket  or bag that I can put my crocheting in. I would keep it in the living room so a brown or coffee theme would be prefered. I would also like it to have handles so it's easy to pick up and move. Pockets would be nice, but not needed.
* Aprons! I love them! I have several in my WIST.  Aprons for either myself or the kids would be loved.
*This Bag http://www.wists.com/Hika-chan/0990b0c9481eb42cc40c9b55466af48f?offset=0 It would match my scarf. But I would like it as a backpack. It looks awkard hanging on your arm.
*Cat nip toys for my kitties
* Play felt/knitted/crochet food for the kids. Any would be loved. There are examples on my wist.
*Crochet hook organizer/roll. Anything that will help me keep them in one place would be awesome.
* A poppet-my daughter would flip- escpecially if it was alice or jasmine
* amigurumi animals for my son. See above for his favs.
* A kitty hat  - theres a few on my wist
* Some cloth diapers for my daughter's Baby Alive doll. They would need to velcro so she can put them on.
* Pajamas or night gown in jasmine theme for my dd in a size 5 (children)
* Pillow cases with jasmine or horses for the kids- would be cool if they had their names also
* Anything from my WISTS
* Hand made soap- would love a coffee smell or something cute for the bathroom
*A sushi shaped pillow for my bed. Or a smaller one for my office chair. I like to hold pillow while i draw.
* A kitty plushie- would love one that was super soft and layed flat so I can cuddle it while I draw.
*Geometric shaped for my son. would prefer something study like wood or something simular. he is hard on his toys.
* dress up magnets for my daughter- she loves jasmine, alice in wonderland and sailor moon the most.
*Other magnets for my bare fridge based on anything mentioned or ask for ideas.
* Alphabet magnets would be awesome as well.
*Toddler book for my son -something like this http://www.wists.com/Hika-chan/ee41920265894feb47bc4e362e80c543?offset=0 but more themed for a boy

SUPPLIES

*Small MLP - I remake them
* fabric-any would be loved
*yarn-any would be loved
*Scrabble tiles or domino tiles- would be helpful it they already had the hole and pin in place for making pendants
* Linollium for making stamps- i prefer this to erasers- I do alot of print making
* resin kit
*amigurumi books- doesnt need to be new
* felt food books- something that is easy to follow. Or the ones in japanese. doesnt need to be new.
* Watercolor /acrylic canvas- would love an oval one

EXTRA:
* I always love getting new ATCS -Maybe Jasmine themed for my daughters room
* I Love tea- especially english breakfast blends and cammomile
* bento molds- for making my kids lunch
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 06:27:03 PM by Hika-chan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists http://=http://www.wists.com/Hika-chan/
blog http://motherinwonderland.blogspot.com/

I love to swap ATCs. Let me know if you're interested.
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010 06:49:35 PM »

I claim hika-chan  for a toddler book

This is claim 2 of 3, 0 sent, 0 received

Hello,
   My name is Monica. I live in the Crystal Coast of North Carolina the last bank of the outer banks LOVE the ocean as much as life! I am "Lolly" to my 2 grandbrats... I was just DX with Ovarian cancer so I would love any of the items below to make me happy. I am a VERY YOUNG 40 and would like to kick the crap out of Oprah she say 40 and fabulous WHAT it is more like 40 and falling apart LOL. I am really a happy person and will beat this and cancer with the help of my wonderful husband, family and crafting. We have just been married our 15th year Feb 11...Life is GOOD!! stop and smell the chocolate along the way peeps you never know!

I would be so grateful to receive anything from my lists! Thank you in advance and cant wait to be surprised!

Crafts:
~ NEW This is freaking awesome...would love one like this in white  like this  XL or 12-14 ,38-40 bust
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28363708&ref=sr_gallery_20&&ga_search_query=crochet+top&ga_search_type=&ga_page=4&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

~NEW This too is a big wish but hey a girl can dream big right ROTFL...I love this in pink I am a pink summer girl Smiley I would love to crochet but atlas I can not Sad http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41866391   is hte front this is the back  something like this would be cool...  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41866391

~ This is awesome...I would love it in chocolate, navy or black is OK too...Vinyl lettering for my home
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/9ba6230aafe3ad7b0524350eccd77827?offset=260

~ ..LOVE THIS just like this or in creams and browns
http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2009/11/craft_pattern_podcast_katalin.html

~ A large fleece throw blanket Washington Redskins blanket for hubby ( the ones that are no sew cut and knotted all the way around)

~embroidered pillow cases ( king size only and please brown, navy,  or tan cases) Mermaids / Pirates /anchors/nautical stars

~Anything off my Wists  www.wists.com/babalina58 I HAVE A HUGE HUGE WISTS sooo take a look LOL you will have a field day with ideas??

~a SS Large ladies OR EX Large if fitted tee in a Sailor Jerry/tattoo style no nudes however but I love the mermaid sailor anchors etc...

~ a cool stenciled tee like this one..http://www.wists.com/babalina58/46b59b4c718d88dbf614a9afe78ec55f?offset=100 in these colors OR any one in my wists in the colors there LOL I just live them...

~a cool jewelry box for my bathroom with drawers and  or doors like this  http://www.wists.com/babalina58/a700b48263980252c151e48399e54aec?offset=160

~new A cool newspaper boy style hat..I love them and ware a lot of hats fabric but just not black plaid I have one...I would like pink, blue, red, brown, I love solids and pretty girly plaids tattoo, pin ups,in summer liek material cotton not think or knitted crochet if not really thin it is warming up here
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/b0c6a82a460a73352fc1d7b99ac6f6ec?offset=0
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/036f3d7fb91496da29e0404a0ed95920?offset=0

~ .a large coupon org that attached to my shopping cart like this one??
 http://www.wists.com/babalina58/46ea7441ddae87dace765b5f2993fae7?offset=0      I WOULD LOVE A FUN AND FUNKY FABRIC not girly pink or flowers but d day of the dead would be great or some MOD fabric just look at my wist for fabric I like...

~ a pair of slippers socks( knit/crochet) over the ankle please not mary jane style Any colors ugly ones cute ones scraps whatever I just love them size 8 US
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/c350183730c9df7935a17ca8e68298e5?offset=40
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/0e7a90644406bdba15f5791751f2d6da?offset=140

~ A pillow for my bed like the one in my wist of the French Bulldog ( that is my dog) http://www.wists.com/babalina58/7a50e733d1979942854756c058565a40?offset=240

~a cool seat cover for when my dog rides in the car ( basically a big dog blanket that will cover the back seat of my mustang.. he is a king of car sick Would love cool fabric not flowers but like tattoo, pinup girls,  Just not bright colors please...

~ a crib size quilt for my grandson with his name on it embroidered or applique with old airplanes on it or nautical tall ships but just not bright colors more blues and reds

Supplies:
~ a learn to  crochet kit
~little wooden boxes to alter from your local cigar shop
`~purse handles
~soap making supplies
~Skeleton keys
~watch parts for making other items ( wheels gears etc)broken watches are cool I can take apart
~wood soap molds for cold press used is GREAT
~ new spools of cotton thread all colors welcome please no white I have so much white
~ Bias tape ( blues blacks resd browns white whatever
~ book binding stuff for my bookbinder/lamanator from walmart.com
~fuse web I use a ton of it
~Velcro
~foil tape, glass squares, frames for making glass pendents

extras~
~ love fruit mentos really really love the strawberry and green apple ones YUMMO
~kender bars
~cool cotton fabric you have laying around in my style or whatever
~ a box or as much as you can Stash SANDMAN tea I cant find it Sad It is one of my faves!!
~ strong coffee beans from where your at
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 09:07:29 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Roll and Dry Recycled Paper Art
How to Create Landscape Art with Recycled Paper
Types of Art You Can Make with Recycled Paper
How to Make Kirigami Hanabi Fireworks Paper Cutting
How to Create a Crystal Wedding Centerpiece
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...