A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
337 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super Long Goth Hat  (Read 6349 times)
Tags for this thread: hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dannispring240
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010 10:18:24 PM »

i made one!  Grin

thanks for the pattern!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e396/alwyscrying240/photo.jpg
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012 01:23:10 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010 07:30:06 AM »

Thanks Everyone! I'm glad you like it and him hehe  Grin

Wow that turned out great. And your model is soooooooo cute  Grin Thanks for posting a pic.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012 01:23:25 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoveChild
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010 05:08:21 PM »

I made one also with the thanks of my drill sergeant like 6yr old I was able to finish within a couple hours of starting...made it with blue and green leftover baby yarn...Love the pattern next task making one for the two year old who is already trying to steal his brother's hat! Cheesy Hopefully this pic shows.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
noturavggeek
"This is my art, and it is dangerous! Do you think I want to die like this?" Delia Deetz

I want to live 'til I die. No More, No Less

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010 07:48:38 AM »

Thanks so much for this!!
My interpretation:

Sorry for the grumpy look on my face. I was sick and had to go to work  Undecided. And I'm just all around a grumpy person at 8am Roll Eyes. And the in the car pic because the lighting in my apartment sucks...

I used heavier yarn and a bigger hook, so I made mine with fewer rows, otherwise it woulda hung past my butt Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sejimara
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010 10:54:25 AM »

That hat came out awesome and I love your color choice.  I bet you smiled when the first person who smiled @ your hat did Grin! Thanks for sharin'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetDad
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010 01:01:24 PM »

Nice hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gene in SoCal
Blog Flickr Ravelry Etsy
Kellibeans
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010 12:19:23 PM »

Just finished up some final swap projects and came back to get the pattern only to see that it was gone (Wish I had gotten to it before you took them down). 

Sorry to hear that folks are going commercial with your free patterns.  Leave it to people out there to take a big hefty BM on the sharing spirit of crafting and ruin a good thing.   Angry  Shame on them, especially the one who has that ridiculous number of sales (somebody needs to tweet that shop to their Etsy followers to avoid) makes you wonder how many other designs they've stolen, with that many sales they should know better (at a glance, they've got a few other similar patterns I've seen on Ravelry & Lion Brand in their shop/sold too).  It's one thing to imitate a shape or style, but it's another to copy a design outright without permission. 

I've had trouble at craft shows with competitors (brick and mortar folks) coming up and trying to reverse engineer my patterns (out loud, in front of me, I might add) so I know how frustrating and flat out insulting it is and I totally empathize with you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Artanis
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010 08:24:53 PM »

I love your patterns April. I'm sorry people copied them.... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Hem Pants
How to Make a Sock Puppet
How to Make a Nun Costume
How to Make a Thanksgiving Cornucopia
How to Make Egg-Carton Lights
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...