A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quick and Easy Swap Round 2 - GALLERY  (Read 5180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SAHMama
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010 09:34:01 PM »

I received from gamemom42! Smiley I mentioned in my questionnaire that I'd like to make a fun quilt for my kids; something with different textures & fabrics. Gamemom42 made me 2 awesome quilt blocks & I love them! They're exactly the kind of thing I had in mind Smiley

Thanks so much gamemom42!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2010 10:14:14 PM »

I'm so glad you like them!  I was worried that I misunderstood what you had in mind.  Those were so much fun to make.  I started to add more to each one ( like an orange slice to the breakfast and another fish to the ocean, but my daughter mentioned that in a quilt full of other busy squares, it might be best not to make them ridiculously busy.  I hope that was a good call.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010 08:49:08 AM »

Those quilt squares rock! Especially love the eggs and bacon one. And the kiwis are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2010 10:43:50 AM »

Homerof2 sent me a fabulous package!  She made a crocheted bucket out of rope, just like one she saw on my wists, and two cute coasters with fruit fabric--perfect for the newly-lovely spring weather.  Thank you so much, these are already in use in my house! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
flower
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2010 01:18:42 PM »

I received from the amazing Disco Queen Highness several days ago, but was unable to post until today.  I've been at the state Science Olympiad competition with my middle school nerd herd.  Smiley

DQH sent me several things since nothing on my wists added up to a medium project.  First, three packages of roving.  Aren't the colors perfect for spring?  You will also notice the giant pile of MOHAIR yarn.  She's allergic to it, so she used it to pad the rest of the package.  Can you say awesome?

DQH made me a mini-hackle for blending different rovings.  I tried to show an action shot...I'm not sure how clear it is, but here we go.

And finally, the most awesome item, the Periodic Table GEEK tote.  I took it with me on my Science Olympiad trip.  Oh, yes.  My kids adored the bag.  

Thank you, Disco Queen Highness!!!  This has been an amazing swap!  You are just an awesome partner.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 01:21:24 PM by flower » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TCinTX
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2010 01:19:59 PM »

I received this little bucket-shaped tote from CajunLady.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2010 01:59:58 PM »

I'm happy you liked everything, flower.  And to get the bag in time for the Olympiad, it was just meant to be.  It's great to hear that you'll be able to use the mohair.  I know lots of people like it , but it just sends my allergies into overdrive.  It was in my pile to donate to goodwill, since I don't know any yarn junkies to give it to, then I got you as a partner.  Perfect timing all around. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
oneredboot
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010 10:32:46 AM »

Homerof2 asked me to post a photo of the cowl that I sent her.  Forgive the slight blurriness!  I used the Darkside Cowl pattern and knit it with a 100% wool yarn in dark blue, one of the colors that Homerof2 listed as her favorite.  Hope you like it, Homerof2!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
flower
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010 11:06:27 AM »

The bag was PERFECT for competition day.  Most teams wear special shirts and many strive for the coolest/nerdiest shirt.  Shirt themes included "Evolution of Scientist", Star Wars, E= MC squared with MC Hammer, and much more.  Yes, it is a giant geek-fest.

I'm happy you liked everything, flower.  And to get the bag in time for the Olympiad, it was just meant to be.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010 11:27:37 AM »

That cowl is so pretty, I LOVE the color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Routines for Long Haul Flights
Red Carpet Glam for Less
Hayden Panettiere and Her Makeup Artist Launch Online Beauty Series
Daily Habits That Are Ruining Your Skin
Glam Nomad Makeup at Bibhu Mohaptara NYFW 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...