A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: March 2010 Birthday Swap - LISTS ONLY!  (Read 12488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Avabrowneyes

Genius is like lightning--it comes and it goes.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010 07:43:36 PM »

Hello! I'm Ava. I'll be 25 on the 24th. I spent last year's birthday far away from friends and family, but this year will be different! I plan to craft until I can craft no more, and I'll do the same for some of ya'll.

About me: I live in Tennessee. College grad. I spent a year in South Korea teaching. I like travel, music, landscapes, flowers (not the old lady kind!), swallows, owls, and my Corgi. I like bold colors and earth tones too. I'm into just about every craft there is except painting on an artsy scale.  I prefer functional items over knicknacks.

Random themes that might help: The Golden Girls, 1776 (1970s musical), history, reading, Firefly/Serenity, Bones, The Vampire Diaries (I can't help it!), frugal or green living

Thanks to anyone who claims me!

Crafts
-A tabletop ironing pad like this: http://www.wists.com/avari20/f17811438f5fe8e64a22b5fcc288c690?offset=20
-Rice warmer bags (for the feet or to sooth those aching muscles!) http://www.wists.com/avari20/b17f740eecc436a5376f251ec110536e?offset=20
-A resin button necklace Thanks lindyv321!
-A doily in either white or ecru for my TV stand: http://www.wists.com/avari20/4a326bd1c86746ddd0045b3a1e50250a?offset=20
-Owl Earrings
-Earrings in general (sterling silver, as I'm allergic to gold Smiley )
-Vegetable garden starter kit
-Bed Caddy
-Laptop Sleeve
-A Bird Mobile for my future niece or nephew. Thank you Nickimac!
-A Lotus flower inspired something (stencil, maybe?)
-A Needlebook
-Knitting/Crochet Hook bucket organizer! : http://www.wists.com/avari20/45911c34113ef3fefa898f00b73fd9a8?offset=20
-A crossbody strap messenger bag big enough for notebooks and a laptop: http://www.wists.com/avari20/018181b12a89dd3efdd2304353df1449?offset=20
-A wisty surprise!

Craft Supplies
Knitting Needle gauge
Stitch markers
Acrylic paint and brushes for decorating my handmade needles
Circular knitting needles
Magnetic dish for pins
An embroidery floss organizer
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010 09:51:53 PM by Avabrowneyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettyinpaisley
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010 09:09:16 PM »

Hi! I'll be 23 on March 21st.

About me: I graduated last August with my bachelors in Theatre Education. I want to teach art or drama eventually, and I currently work in an elementary school setting. I am also an active feminist.

I dabble in a TON of different crafts including: ATC's and inchies; Mod-podge, basic sewing, painting, embroidery, jewelry, polymer clay, and occasionally woodworking.

I'm really into woodland creatures (deer, owls/birds, squirrels) and I've been told I dress like a "grandmother" which I usually take as a compliment.

My favorite colors are oranges, mustard yellow, purples, teal, and gold. I'm NOT a fan of pastels, neons, reds or silver. I like vintage floral patterns A LOT.

I currently live with my boyfriend of three years. He also has a March birthday, and he is into all things sci-fi, legos, Batman, D&D, and things that show support for facial hair. (haha).

WISHLIST:

A Mr. Fox hat
http://www.fuzzhats.com/Mr-Fox-Hat_p_37.html

Stationary and matching envelopes Thanks alwaysinmyroom!
Preferably with birds, woodland creatures, or paisley.

A padded laptop cozy
I'll give you dimensions if you need them.

A full crafting apron with several pockets. Thank you tapestrymlp!

interesting/retro/vintage frames for 8X10 artwork
I have a TON of artwork laying around waiting to be framed.

Foxglove earrings
http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Accessories/Earrings+&+Rings/Foxglove+Earrings

Painted or decoupaged pocket/purse mirror
Anything goes.

owl stuffed animal/couch pillowThank you SO much alwaysinmyrooom!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28952245&ref=sr_gallery_2&&ga_search_query=Owl+pillow&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

An ATC binder
something decorative to hold all the ATC's I've been collecting in the ongoing swaps.

Hair plumage
Feathers (non-peacock) and flowers, attached to a hairclip
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29625104&ref=sr_gallery_22&&ga_search_query=hair+feather+accessory&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=4&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Original NES (nintendo) related coasters for my new coffee table:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=339653.0
Preferably 8 bit question blocks, warp tubes, fire flowers, or zelda

SUPPLIES:
vintage floral print fabric Thank you tapestrymlp
Ink pads
Embroidery hoops
A latch hook
old children's books or magazines with interesting images to cut up.
Lace
All kinds of (actual) vintage buttons!
Thanks alwaysinmyroom!
Ring backings
Watercolor pencils

Extras:
Cardboard bar coasters
Vegetarian jerky
Veggie pirate booty

Any questions feel free to PM me!
www.wists.com/prettyinpaisley
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010 11:15:26 AM by prettyinpaisley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafting blog: www.prettyinpaisley.com

Www.wists.com/prettyinpaisley

Sketchbook project: "Boys and girls"
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010 08:54:36 AM »

Im Nicole from Tacoma and I love Tacoma!!  Im 27 as of yesterday (the 5th).  Ive been married 4 years and my husband is heading off to the Army at the end of July.  We have two sons a 3-year-old and a 7-month-old.  I love the movies more than anythingexcept Jesus (I am a strong Christian).  My favorite color is robins egg blue and I love the retro 50s/60s stuff (except the pukey old-school Tupperware colors).  My wist is www.wists.com/nikimac
Thanks!!

Wishes:
   ice mold that looks like Han Solo when he was frozen in carbonite
   a simple gold ring with a nice white (real) pearl in the middle
   polka dot, pocketed apron like on my wist
   an organizer for between the two front seats in our van with different sections, pockets, etc.
   stuffed animals of a dinosaur or Star Wars characters for my 3-year-old Kirby
   candles or chapstick that smell like baked goods (sugar cookies, cake, cinnamon rolls, etc.)
   a corkscrew that youve painted or otherwise crafted up
   American flag beanie for my 3-year-old, Kirby - Thank you, Sherrie B!
   anything to give my husband for when he leaves for the Army
   any outfits (onesie, socks, bib) for my baby, Frankie
   an apron for my son (see wists) - Thank you, Sajona!!
   a beauty queen-type sash that says Mrs. Tacoma
   metal pieces-of-eight or doubloons
   anything cute or pretty colored robins egg blue (but no knick-knacks)
   retro embroidered stuff
   Tacoma necklace (see wists)
   pretty bobby pins

Craft Supplies:
   bottle caps
   jewelry wire (any gauge) and beads - Thank you again, Sajona!
   strong magnets or magnet sheets - Still more thanks, Sajona!!
   blank note cards
   paint brushes
   cake decorations
   sewing needles (hand and for a Bernina)

Extras:
   fun cookie cutters or ice molds - Thanks again, Sherrie B!!
   anything by the company Fred
   colored gel pens
   gummy frogs - Thanks and thanks and thanks, Sajona!!
   root beer
   aluminum water bottle
   any party supplies
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010 09:39:13 AM by nikimac » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
fluttermuffin
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010 05:52:32 PM »

Hi.  My name is Jamie.... 43 years ago on March 15th, the world was introduced to another crafter.  I'm a wife of a retired soldier, mother of 6 (gave birth to 3 and inherited 3 when I married my husband), grandmother of 4 (plus one angel baby).  We have a cute little Sheltie pup named Missy and a handsome fat cat named Chewee. I'm a full time RN at our local rural hospital and love what I do.  I'm a big kid at heart... still love to watch cartoons, listen to old Disney songs, play with dolls (newest obsession is Pullip's).  I love thrift store shopping and yard sales.

I dabble in most crafts.:  scrapbooking, sewing, crochet, embroidery, cross stitch, photoshop... I've never learned to knit, but that is a goal this year...  

I love all things Disney (especially Little Mermaid), Lost, Glee, Smurfs, Harry Potter, Twilight, Little House on the Prairie, all Musicals like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz, Mama Mia... etc....

I live in Horton, KS... small town in the Northeast corner of the state.

I love all colors (except grey) but I'd have to say red, yellow, orange & green are my favorite.

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!!

Crafts:
*   I would really really love a Poppet of my very own.
*   a pair of fingerless gloves
*   knitted socks
*   a full apron with lots of pockets (I'd wear an XL)
*   needle organizer roll  Thanks Disco Queen Highness!!
*   a wallet
*   reusable snack bags, sandwich wrap, lunch bag
*   fabric rollers
*   fabric paper towels
*   fabric pads
*   felt food] Thanks again, Disco Queen Highness!
*   felted dryer balls
*   ANY wisty surprise  www.wists.com/fluttermuffin  (Another thanks to Disco Queen Highness!!)

Supplies:

*   fabric remnants
*   assorted thread
*   bobbins
*   magnetic dish for pins
*   barbie size clothes patterns (for my Pullips)

Extras:

anything from the area that the sender lives...I'd love to travel more, but love things from other places.

Thanks again to anyone who picks me!!

Happy Birthday fellow March birthday'ers... LOL
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010 03:47:59 AM by fluttermuffin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tapestrymlp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~Tapestry~

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010 07:59:48 PM »

I'm Jenn and on March 14th I'll be turning 33. I married my high-school sweetheart and we have a precocious 5 year old daughter, a dog, a cat, four hedgehogs and two Russian tortoises. Basically it's like running a small zoo in our house and I do count the five-year-old as one of the wild animals Cheesy We live in Texas, near Dallas and are expecting our second child in September.

I run a local Harry Potter meetup group and am obsessed with all things Harry Potter. Crafting is one of my favorite hobbies as is photography. I work a lot with polymer clay but also, lately, with making miniatures and some jewelry. I run an Etsy shop that frequently overwhelms me and which has been sadly neglected this year. One of my favorite things to craft is miniature potions bottles - I design the labels in Photoshop based on vintage labels and then have fun deciding how to fill each bottle.

My daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and Common Variable Immune Deficiency. She gets sick very easily. So while we don't have any allergy restrictions I absolutely cannot accept any crafts or items from the same household as another CF person or from a house where anyone has been sick in the last two weeks.

Wist: http://wists.com/tapestrymlp
Etsy Favorites: http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=7430595&ref=favorites

Craft Wants
Anything Dr. Seuss! That's the theme we've chosen for the new nursery and I desperately need Seuss stuff. Specifically, I'd love:
A Dr. Seuss inspired crib quilt
Dr. Seuss wall pictures/hangings (THANKS KJABALOO!)
Dr. Seuss character small plushies
Dr. Seuss inspired drapes/valance

Anything well crafted that's Harry Potter related is also a good bet Cheesy I'd love a Hufflepuff knit scarf bag (THANK YOU AVABROWNEYES!), like on my wist, or a cool t-shirt like the ones pictured on my wist.

Craft Supplies
Fantasy film in any color
Dr. Seuss or Harry Potter fabric
Jaquard Lumiere Fabric paint (any color except white, gold & brown)

Extras
Kinder eggs or kinder chocolate
Cadbury chocolate, especially non-US becuase it's so yummy
strawberry chocolates
cute bookmarks
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 10:54:20 AM by tapestrymlp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
kjbaloo
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010 04:57:17 PM »

Heloo.  Im Kristin from Glendale, AZ.  I turned 35 on March 1st and my husband says I am old  Sad.  What does he know!  Cheesy My household is currently full with 2 dogs and the hubby.  One of the dogs, is a 5 month old Great Dane who is getting into everything! I am an avid reader and addicted to way to many tv shows.  My goal for this year was to always have some sort of crafty project going when ever I was in front of the TV.and of course exercise more! Yeahumdoing good on the crafty thing Wink
I get obsessed with different projects for a time and then move on to something else.  Crafts that I have done include:  painting, drawing, embroidery, felt applique, cross stitch, glass etching, glass painting, face painting, shrinky dinks,I know there is more.
While my husband managed to sew living room drapes for our house, the sewing machine and I have an ongoing battle of wits. I might have lost the first couple of battles, but I will win the WAR!  I havent really done any jewelry and I am working on the polymer clay thing.
I really like: dragons, fairies, asian inspired art, froggies, butterflies, dragon flies.
Colors: Blue, Red, Purple, Black, Silver, Gold.  Prefer strong colors, will accept pastels in a pinch, not a huge fan of neon.  There isnt a lot that I dont like except not a huge fan of the 1970s color pallet of burnt orange, pea green, harvest yellow.bleh.  Not a big floral fan either.
Other Loves: Glee, Greys Anatomy, True Blood, Bones, Supernatural, Twilight, love musicals (including High School Musical 1,2, 3), Nora Roberts, Laurell K Hamilton, most things Fantasy or Sci-fi (Firefly/Buffy-think Joss Whedon).
I went on a Wisty spree and added a bunch of general stuff for ideas.  No allergies!
Thank you to anyone who picks me!!!

Crafts:
*Pin Cushions. (tired of losing needles and pins)
*Needle Organizer
*color pencil organizer roll(and I have a lot!)
*any wisty surprise www.wists.com/kjbaloo
*Jewelrylove jewelry especially necklaces.  Need a few longer length ones
*Boxes or organizersfor pens/pencils/beads/sequins/embroidery floss
*A DVD/CD holder for movies
*Tote bags to carry craft stuff in
*Padded Laptop Cozy
*Any type picture frame using the themes above
* Dog toys of any kind
*anything that uses any of my loves or colors!

Supplies
*fabric remnants
*embroidery floss
*bobbins
*Shrinky Dink paper
*different beads of any kind
*felt applique kits of any kind
*Beginner projects for sewing (and I mean like for Dummies level)
*Buttons
*Modge Podge
*Liquid Stitch ( I go through so much of this stuff!)

Extras:
I love Dark chocolate anything
Blank DVR+R
Any cool pictures (magzine, photos, whatever) of dragons, lighthouses, roses, butterflies.  I have a project at home and I need pictures for inspiration.
Coffee, coffee creamers (sugar free)

Thanks again to anyone who picks me!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010 08:48:42 AM by kjbaloo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting...the legal drug of choice for many
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Fiery Asian Boneless Pork Loin on a BBQ Grill
How to Make Korean Style Hot Dogs
How to Make Sweet and Sticky Spareribs with Indian Spices
Best-Ever Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
How to Roll Your Own Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...