A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
776 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: March 2010 Birthday Swap - LISTS ONLY!  (Read 12157 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: February 28, 2010 04:29:17 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

Questions? Please post here in the discussion/gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=339692.0

Link to March Birthday Swap Gallery/Discussion thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=339692.msg3934775#msg3934775

Swap name: March 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Slingmomma
Sign-up date range: March 1 - March 31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY: 2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap: This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!

Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion thread:

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five. Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style. If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:
Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive updates

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC"s may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one. It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so. Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval. Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card. You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen craftster. At that time, please request the address for where to send it. After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication. It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#. It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.
(It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date. If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback. It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put February Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner. Smiley

Format for PMs
:

Proper label:
"March Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pms include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- March 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old? Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting?
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to sendout after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER
:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- March 2010 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap. Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:

Previous rounds of the Birthday swap
:
February 2010 Gallery/Discussion -http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=336276.0
January 2010 Gallery/Discussion - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332558.0
December 2009 Gallery/Discussion - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329226.0
November 2009 Gallery/Discussion - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=326287.0
October 2009 Gallery/Discussion - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=323090.0

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010 08:49:38 AM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010 04:42:05 AM »

Birthday Swappers:
(claims made/claims sent and in transit/claims sent and received)

alwaysinmyroom - March 1 - (2/0/2)
kjbaloo - March 1 - (1/0/1)
missmoppet - March 1 - (1/0/1)
Sherrie B, UT - March 3 - (1/0/1)
nikimac - March 5 - (2/0/2)
fluttermuffin - March 11 - (2/0/2)
Xandrigirly - March 13 - (1/0/1)
tapestrymlp - March 14 - (2/0/2)
Disco Queen Highness - March 20 - (2/0/2)
prettyinpaisley - March 21 - (1/0/1)
lindyv321 - March 21 - (2/0/2)
Alchamy513 - March 23 - (1/0/1)
Avabrowneyes - March 24 - (2/0/1)
sajona  -  March 29  - (2/0/2)

Non-birthday Swappers:
Troublet (2/0/2)
MareMare (1/0/1)
maria isabel (1/0/1)

Sent
Received
PM Organizer
Late with Communication
Feedback given

Send by March 14th

sajona to alwaysinmyroom for cloth napkins and ATCs
MareMare to alwaysinmyroom for crochet squares and note cards
Disco Queen Highness to sajona for a big pretty sheet and wooden clothes pins

Send by March 16th
missmoppet to Xandrigirly for rainbow scarf, book marks, zipper pencil case and a mermaid surprize
lindyv321 to Disco Queen Highness for scrabble tile earrings and big buttons

Send by March 17th
prettyinpaisley to alwaysinmyroom for a heated neck pillow, and some notecards

Send by march 18th
Alchamy513 to Disco Queen Highness for crocheted slippers and a little crocheted ninja

alwaysinmyroom to prettyinpaisley for a wisty surprise
Xandrigirly to Alchamy513 for earrings and a wisted surprise

Send by March 20
sajona to nikimac for a kid's apron and a little outfit for your smallest
nikimac to avabrowneyes for bird mobile
avabrowneyes to lindyv321 for craft supplies and a wist-inspired surprise

Send by March 23
lindyv321 to Avabrowneyes for a resin button necklace
tapestrymlp to Sherrie B, UT for a birthday surprise

Send by March 25
troublet to lindyv321 for a Wist surpise and some supplies

Send by March 28
Disco Queen Highness to fluttermuffin for needle organizer roll, felt food and a wisty surprise

Send by April 1
avabrowneyes to tapetrymlp for a Hufflepuff scarf bag ANGEL FOUND
Send by April 6
alwaysinmyroom to missmoppet for a zippered case to hold her crochet stuff and some crafting supplies

Send by April 8
nikimac to fluttermuffin for a wist surprise

Send by April 10
maria isabel to alwaysinmyroom for a pin cushion ANGEL FOUND
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010 05:09:50 AM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sajona
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010 08:17:25 AM »

Hi Im Sajona from near London, UK  - I live in chaos with DH and 4 kids aged 15-4 years. I love retro things (especially 1950s and anything Mad Men-esque!) I have a design degree and generally love crafting when I can get the time.  
Favourite colours retro faded 50s, purple, brown, cream , denim blue, green (any shade) Im a warm autumn colouring in Colour-me-beautiful language!
I knit, sew and do papercrafting mostly ATCs/inchies not tried scrapbooking. I like re-using/recycling items for crafting and love charity shops!
I am forty something on March 29 Wink

Crafts

I sell womens and childrens clothes for a living and carry them around in the car all the time. Id love some things to help with all my paperwork some files, box files, books with see through plastic sleeves in that look fashionista esque ! The range is French so anything that reflects that would be good.

A big sheet in pretty fabric to throw over my clothes rails to protect the clothes from dust.

Pretty flat boxes for displaying jewellery on my stand when Im doing sales and also things that stand up so I can pin notices on them.

Decorated wooden clothes pegs that I can use to hang things from my clothes rails <<< thanks DQH

Funky, bright coloured tablecloths for when I do sales, plus a big cream cotton one.(coloured one coming from DQH but can always have more!)

I have a big filofax in boring black leather a bright coloured quilted cover would be lovely.
Nice quality cardboard labels.
Some panty liner cloth pads flannel topped. No pul needed.
I love hand knitted socks all of mine are getting worn out! I am UK size 5
Vintage 50s style teatowels mine are looking worn out I have some cath kidston ones that are great think of baby blue/cream polka dots or fabrics using those colours.
Long silk scarves in my favourite colours - or those slinky knitted ones that the french wear!

Craft Supplies:
Hello Kitty and kawaii type fabric
The iron on see through plastic vinyl that you see in craftster projects for making bags out of LP covers etc cant get it in the UK
Vilene fusible fleece and thicker weight white iron on for bag projects
Sew on patches in Kawaii/Japanese/hello kitty/Mario characters
AnnaMaria Horner, Cath Kidston or Amy Butler fabric.
Vintage 50s/60s fabrics (or repro ones like Michael Miller)
Red sock yarn
Sock monkey socks
I collect vintage sewing patterns would love some girls ones that are 5 years plus (50s/60s)
Vintage 50s style teatowels mine are looking worn out I have some cath kidston ones that are great think of baby blue/cream polka dots or fabrics using those colours.

Extras
Anything reeses related especially reeses pieces from the USA ☺
Those hot chocolate sachets from the USA  - I was addicted to them when I was over there but cant remember which brand they were you just added hot water.
Unusual cup cake cases I lots of plain and pink ones but I like the patterned ones I do a lot of baking.
Betty Crocker and Kraft macncheese mixes!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 01:34:42 PM by sajona » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My biz page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinePearceKnitwear
My blog: http://sajona.blogspot.com/
My flikr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95027356@N00/sets/72157602013921043
Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010 01:59:56 PM »

Hi! My name is Jessica and I'll be 24 on the 23rd! I live in a log cabin on a hill in NY and I graduated from college in May with a BA in Astrophysics. I have a 14 year old sister, 5 cats and 2 dogs, a Chow/Lab mix and a Peek-a-Poo (Pekinese/Poodle). I love (absolutely LOVE) zombies, outerspace, cephalopods, and lately I've been into Steampunk. I have been crafting extensively lately to distract myself from being jobless and very bored! I crochet like crazy and have just started to make a lot of jewelry. My favorite color is black, but I also love red. I hate pink and am not a fan of blue either. My room is painted burnt orange (the walls that aren't wood) and the ceiling is also the same orange.

As for crafted items I would like, first I would look at my wists: wists.com/Alchamy513.

Other than that I like big bags, arm warmers, earrings, stuffed animals, pillows, pillowcases, hats, and wall art.

More specifically I'd love drum pads for my wii RockBand drums, the kinds that muffle the sound a little but you can still play with them on.

I love tutus! Look on my wists, anything black or black and red.

Also, I have a lot of square pillows on my bed that I would love covers for. They're from an old couch and loveseat set we had and they're pretty much normal throw pillow size in two sizes. I have 4 larger ones and 2 smaller ones (I can measure them later if needed).

I'd love anything steampunk related, clothing and accessories, nothing too girly, though.

A cat bed (anything soft, my kitties love that sort of stuff) or a bandana for my bigger dog (like a full handkerchief size that we fold in half, that just fits around her neck), she loves her pretties

Also, I've been looking on Craftster and I'm in love with the loaded charm bracelets or shrinky dink ones! I'd say a zombie, octopus, outerspace, or steampunk one with lots of gears would be amazing!

Any supplies I would like: I love (LOVE) handspun or handpainted yarn in pretty much any color. Or any yarn, especially worsted weight to fuel my amigurumi making obsession.

Did I mention I love yarn?

Also any steampunk parts like broken old watches or watch pieces, gears and faces especially.

As for non-crafted stuff, I love chocolate, especially with peanutbutter in it, and Cadburry cream eggs.

PM me if I did anything wrong!

Also, I don't have any allergies but I don't like flowery scents at all.

Xandrigirly has claimed me for earrings and a wisty surprise! Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010 03:41:05 PM by Alchamy513 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010 02:03:19 PM »

Hi my name is Amy and Ill be 37 on March 20.  Ive got two girls ages 10 & 12.  Jeesh, theyre both in double digits, howd that happen?  My craft of choice for over 20 years has been sewing.  I dabble in knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, card making and beading here and there.  I love easy week night recipes especially for the crock pot and prefer to keep them on 4x5 recipe cards.  Im also doing the South Beach diet, because my dang doctor told me to.  Turns out its a pretty easy thing for me, so if youve got salad recipes (especially homemade salad dressing recipes) youd like to share that would be amazing.  

I'm a garage sale and thrift store junkie, so if you have or find anything on my list, used items that are still in nice shape are just fine with me.

Thanks in advance for anyone that picks me.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Crafts:  
A wisty surprise would always be wonderful.

Id really, really love a pair of knit/crochet ballet or mary jane style slippers, there are several on my wist. I'm a size 8. (The first ones are my favorite.  I bought the pattern but just can't figure them out so I'd be happy to give it up.)
http://www.cocoknits.com/knit/garments/accessories/balletflats.html
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41483437&ref=sr_list_7&&ga_search_query=slipper+pattern&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=5&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
http://www.purlbee.com/mary-jane-slippers/
 Grin Thanks, Alchamy513

I know it sounds weird but Id love to have a bowl of knitted eyeballs for my entry way table for Halloween.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gruesome-knitted-eyeballs

A set of scrabble tile earrings with "in one ear" "out the other" on them.
http://www.signals.com/signals/Jewelry_1FA/View-All-Jewelry_1FB/Item_In-One-Ear-Out-The-Other-Left-Brain-Right-Brain-Earrings_HG2692G_ps_cti-1FB.html
Thank you, lindyv321

A crochet hook case like this one.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat1_gallery_17&listing_id=18528596

Id love a rectangle crochet rag rug for in front of my bath tub.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=199945.msg2124398#msg2124398

A ninja or viking amigurumi.   Thank you again, Alchamy513
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12426148

A flat bottomed dragon tote bag big enough to hold a regular size spiral note book and a couple of library books, too.

A set of 8 inch knit and/or crochet squares in different patterns/colors for a Ron Weasly type afghan I want to make.  
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/harry-potter-lovers/359627/1-25#16

Decorated 4x5 recipe cards with easy week night, crock pot or salad recipes.

A trash bag for my car http://www.chicaandjo.com/2009/05/14/make-a-trash-bag-for-the-car/

A purse with lots of pockets.  I prefer longer shallow purses, instead of deep ones.

A decorated coupon binder system with the saying "No Whining" in some elegant kind of script  & flourishes on the cover.
http://shop.thecouponbinder.com/product.sc;jsessionid=825DB24DED9A1D9AEFE7173A711B37C9.qscstrfrnt05?productId=2&categoryId=1

A long necklace like the following one, I love that thread highlights the beads.
http://www.signals.com/signals/Jewelry_1FA/Necklaces-Pendants_1FG/Item_Yard-Of-Pearls_HJ1152G_ps_cti-1FG.html

A mini kitchen guide
http://blissfullydomestic.com/2008/scrap-yourself-a-mini-kitchen-guide

Craft Supplies:
Zippers
Big buttons Thanks again, lindyv321
Batik fabrics in bright colors
Beginner patterns for knit/crochet (Im the worlds slowest)
Dishcloth pattern book (used is OK)
8 inch squares of flannel for my rag quilts (sets of at least 2 each, it takes 16 square to make one row, you can get 20 squares out of a yard of fabric)
Bright colored towels to be made into swiffer covers (used is great)

Extras:
Vintage 70s bright colored terry hand/dish towels (I love using these in my kitchen)
Caffeine free herbal teas
Green Orbitz gum
Shakers of popcorn salt/flavoring (it makes air popped super fun for kiddos)
4x5 recipe cards
Vegetable, marigold & zinnia seeds (Heirloom would be amazing)
Baseball card holder pages to put in a coupon binder
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 10:12:24 AM by Disco Queen Highness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
Xandrigirly
Whatever you are, be a good one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010 02:33:44 PM »

Hi!
My name is Xandria, and Im turning 17 on the 13th. Im from upstate NY. Im a senior in high school. When I graduate, I will be studying American Sign Language interpreting. I was to be an Interpreter =]! I love reading and writing, and crafting of course. Mostly I sew and make jewelry, but Im always trying new things.

My favorite colors are red, purple, teal, and most autumn colors. Autumn is my favorite season =]. I love tye dye and mermaids and anything that has a funky or retro feel to it. There are very few things that I dont like. I translate for my local queer youth chorus and I am big on activism.

Crafted:
A pair of Funky fingerless gloves
Rainbow scarf or scoodie Thanks MissMoppet!
A head scarf for covering up my dreads
Beads or peyote stitches for my dreads
Journal/sketchbook
Oversized Cowl
Handspun Yarn
Resin Jewelry of all sorts
Bookmarks Thanks MissMoppet!
Candles
Steampunk-y jewelry
Stuffed toy elephant
Stuffed animal backpack
Zippered Pencil Case Thanks MissMoppet!
Anything with a mermaid on it
Fabric Yo Yo bag [similar to this : http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41230688]
Any Wist Surpises =] [my slowly growing list: http://www.wists.com/xandriaa]

MissMoppet has claimed me for a mermaid surprise!

Supplies:
Buttons of all sorts!
Neckties (funky, boring, tacky, whatever) =]
Jewelry findings (jump rings, clasps, earring wires)
Bottle caps
Polymer Clay and other supplies (molds, tools, gloss)
Loom knitting patterns
Roving for needlefelting
Learn to spin kit
Seed beads and/or other beads of any style and color
Embroidery Floss
Funky and retro fabrics (remnants are totally cool)
Ribbon and Lace
Automatic Wire Mesh Knitter
Other sewing emblishments (flowers, patches, ect.)
Rubber stamps and/or ink pads in different colors
Zippers

Extras
White chocolate!
Cutsey Stickers
Anything with Winnie the Pooh characters, especially eeyore and piglet
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010 05:13:18 AM by Xandrigirly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest . blog . etsy
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail."
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010 02:57:10 PM »

Hi!  My name is Linda. My birthday is March 1. I am happy to say that I have made it for 56 years! Don't freak out...I can't believe it myself  because I feel better than I ever have and am enjoying so many things in my life that I often feel like I am a kid at heart!!

I live right outside Hershey, Pa, so one of the things I don't need is chocolate!  Wink

Actually, there isn't a whole lot I need but I thought this might be a way to get some special things made by my fellow craftsters...I don't have a wist because I sort of screwed up on how to do it and now I have items on there that I have no idea where they came from...I doubt that at my age I really wisted all of those crocheted cutsey animals!  Cheesy

My favorite colors are red, purple, black, greens and blues...I like bright colors but I am not a big fan of yellow unless it is part of a print or not something I wear...

I like extremes from vintage to modern...just not into cute or country styles...my hubby is a drummer, so I get a lot of opportunity to see him play at concerts and clubs, so anything I can wear out with me can be a bit wilder than I would wear to work as an accountant!

Here is my brief list .. I love the birthday swaps and look forward to sending to my fellow March birthday babies!

Earrings-I like big, funky, dangling earrings...I like most colors and I like anything from super simple to very unusual

Notecards--I use lots of notecards to send out swap items...I could use nicely decorated notecards of any theme...just be sure and sign them on the back so I can give you credit when I send them out!

Pincushions--Since I sew, I collect pincushions!  I love them all so do your own thing!

Cloth Napkins--Hubby and I entertain a lot, and since we are committed to reduce landfill items, I use cloth napkins at all meals...these can be embroidered, nice fabrics, plain, etc.  I will use them all.     thank you sajona!!!  I need lots so I am not crossing this off!

Heat roll/neckroll -- I have seen these filled with rice or something and you can put them in the microwave...boy, could I use these on sore muscles after my workouts![/s] Thank you prettyinpaisley!

Pet toys -- I have four cats and one big dog...they are my kids and could use some new toys!

ATC's, Inchies, Wall art -- I am collecting these to decorate a huge wall in my house...whatever your style, I would appreciate any number of these to grow my collection! Thank you prettyinpaisley!

Crochet afghan squares -- I have always wanted to make a Craftster mixed afghan...if you crochet, I would love some of these...I plan on putting them together using black so any size will be fine as long as the colors go with black thank you Maremare!

Other:

I am trying to destash, so I don't really want any supplies.  However, I would not mind anything unique from your hometown that I could use in my mixed media collages or ATC's.

Postcards or photos from your area

I know my list is short and not full of big items, so anything else you want to make to show off your talent is just fine with me!

Thanks in advance if you pick to make something for me...

If you really need to see my style, look at my profile or at my posts:  warning:  I have nearly 10,000 posts! ha ha so you would have to do some serious stalking!

Linda

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 12:44:51 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sherrie B, UT
Show me your Creativity!What's you Passion?

I love living in Utah!

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010 05:16:12 PM »

Hello I'm Sherrie! I am 49 March 5th & excited as all get out! I live near Salt Lake City UT with my Dear Husband of 3.5 years & his two cats (not my cats). He fishes & I craft. We have a good relationship-he goes to Sportsman Warehouse & I find craft & yarn stores! Together we have 6 kids & 9 Granddaughters...so far. His kids are 10 to 22 all live in MN, Mine are 23-30 living in SD & IL. Someday we will have a grandson, but we treasure dickens out of those girls ages 18m through 11.

I have been crocheting for over 4 decades, still learning new stitches & still love it. Recently I picked up the needles after 30 years & feels like I'm all thumbs, but it a good learning curve. I am hoping to be MASTER & CHIEF of the sewing machine before the year is out, but REALLY admire those that already are. Also planning on teaching myself needle tatting before next year as well.

http://www.wists.com/SherrieB

My Favorite:
Colors
Living room is Southwestern/desert/golds & reds & blues (I'm from Texas)
Bedroom is Burgandy & Gold
Kitchen is colbalt blue & White
My waredrobe (outside of jeans & logo polo shirt) is PJs at home & occationally something along the line of Business casual. I have lately likened to Turquoise mixed with black & white.
Scents:
Lavender & Vanilla
But today I was gifted with Cherry blossoms-sounds fun!

I would like:Anything Handmade, that being said:

Thank You tapestrymlp for whatever you make

A Poppet of my own!

Kitchen scrubbies & reusable tote bags for groceries (mine keep getting filled up with PIGS & WIPS for some reason) Thank you fluttermuffin
I love soft throws & pillow covers
A lacy knit shawl would be awesome (since I'm still learning)
A purse with ALOT of pockets. My lil purse has died after 10 years--it was a pleather shoulder bag & had pockets everywhere & all sizes.
I've been blessed with two pair of handkintted sock-would love more
Shrinky Dink Stitch Markers, Funky or wackey to make one smile (love Marvin the Martian)
resin jewlery
A Celtic Knot Print knitting needle roll
Celtic Knot anything really
An Apron! how fun is that? Again Thank you fluttermuffin
Supplies:
I have 99% of supplies-I love high end yarn, but found simple soft works just as well
So Yarn is good Smiley Extra bamboo or steel needles also good (I tend to loose one)
Could use crock pot recipes--like pull off shelf mix in pot turn it on (DH works over nights & I work Days)

Extras:
Chocolates, Coffees, simple knit patterns, things for the purse you ABSOLUTELY use & never think to buy
Hope this help & look forward to what blessings come my way
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010 07:55:58 AM by Sherrie B, UT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." by Scott Adams
~
MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/SherrieB
Crafty Detective Rd. 7  sendouts Apr. 14, 2011) 
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010 04:36:25 AM »

Hi there.  My birthday is march first. 
Im located in the US. With my wonderful hubby and son.  We are a smoke free but, pet friendly home.  I love the following themes: Harry Potter anything, Gryffindor, Japanese kawaii, Bento, Mythological creatures, Nintendo, Super Mario, tattoos, Sanrio,transformers, autobots, optimus prine, bumble bee the transformer, pirates, pugs, iguanas, guinea pigs, and video games.  My main crafts to do are knitting & crochet however, I dabble in sewing, fimo clay and other odd crafts.  Other then crafting Im addicted to playing my video games, reading my harry potter books and tattoos.  I have a quirky/geeky sense of humor.  I enjoy watching I love lucy, the big band theory and the older shows like The brady bunch, bewitched and such.  Im thrifty and try to get all of our things at either yard sales, thrift stores or when its on sale at the department stores.  Which is why any pre-loved items sent my way are greatly appreciated.  And as always I thank whom ever claims me in advance!

Crafted Items:

Small (just big enough for a book, wallet, ds and cell phone.)  messanger bag with a zipper closer-harry potter/Gryffindor theme

Hoodie with a harry potter bleach stencil design on it.

Hoodie with Autobot symbol bleach stencil design on it.

BIG WISH
Gryffindor bag but with a zipper closer
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/features/crafts/knitting/housecrestfairislebag

BIG WISH
Organization 13 cloak.  But, made in super soft black fleece.  So I can wear it in the house to keep warm.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=333845.0

BIG WISH
Mona Lisa Illusion
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mona-lisa-illusion

A quidditch Hoodie like this but, I want team Gryffindor and Weasley name on the back:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=301920.0

Serious Black bleach stencil hoodie:
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/static/crafts/files/sirius1.gif

Marauders map messanger bag like this.  But small (just big enough for a book, my ds, wallet and cell phone)  and with a zipper closer
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322165.0

Harry Potter pins:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37879993&ref=sr_gallery_7&&ga_search_query=gryffindor+pin&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Lap Blanket Sewn in a Gryffindor theme.  Perhaps gold with a burgundy lion head and the words Gryffindor or something like that. 

Bonsai tree:  Silver with green leaves. 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=302606.0

Moss bonsai tree, you dont have to have it in the glass case though, but I love the moss platform!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299832.0

Harry Potter Illusion banner:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/harry-potter-illusion

Ron Weasley sweater.  Burgundy with a gold R on the front.
http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/knitting/knit_a_harry_potter_sweater.php

BIG WISH:
Hagrid illusion shawl. 
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hagrid-illusion

Black Hoodie with this stenciled on it:
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/static/crafts/files/sirius1.gif

Phoenix painting like this, but with more details in the feathers. 8x10 size.
http://dark-in-bach.deviantart.com/art/phoenix-21631086

Phoenix painting like this, but with more reds/maroons. 8x10 size.
http://mastermindnicolem.deviantart.com/art/Phoenix-78148940

Bear hoodie:
http://plasticandplush.com/images/2008/07/13/wch_prev3_txt.jpg

Wallet in this style: in harry potter/Gryffindor theme/autobot
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24115174&ref=sr_gallery_14&&ga_search_query=japan&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=41&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Some type of clasp/clip things to keep my shawls closed while I wear them.  I would love a Gryffindor/harry potter/Hogwarts/or any of the Hogwarts houses.  Maybe one for each house themed ones.

Sewn house slippers Im a us size 7   Black with an autobus symbol on the top of each one.  Or burgundy and gold with a Gryffindor lion head or black with golden snitch on each one or maybe a pair that looks like monster feet.

This packman quilt but lap size.  Or you could just cut out the squares and I can sew it together:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=220240.0

Space invader tote bag: with a zipper closer though.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=70416.0

Harry potter inspired books like the ones in this esty shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/celestefrittata

Gryffindor wall scroll:in maroon/gold/black colors
something that would be hung in the Gryffindor common room.
http://www.amazon.com/NECA-Potter-Textured-Scroll-Gryffindor/dp/B0029UJ38Y/ref=sr_1_166?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1264517128&sr=1-166

Hogwarts wall art like this:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33062154&ref=sr_gallery_14&&ga_search_query=hogwarts&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Hogwarts Crest crochet:
http://harryshappyhookers.blogspot.com/2009/08/gryffindor-block-cal.html

A padded case that will hold both my ds lite and my psp.  It doest need to hold any games or cords though.  I need it just big enough for both the systems.  Theme wise autobots, Gryffindor, hogwarts, Prefer a zipper closer too. 

Zipper pouch for my crochet hooks.  Again autobots/Gryffindor/Hogwarts theme.  Size wise to hold my hooks, stitch markers and a pair of scissors.  Maybe the size of a pencil case kinda.

Hoodie with space invaders game design.  Stenciled or embroider, doesnt matter.

those coiled fabric baskets.  I dont have a link but its fabric and its coiled, in burundy/gold/black colors.  Size wise one big enough to put 2 remotes in it.  One a little bigger then that too, to put my current crochet project in that Im working on.  Heck, a set of these coiled fabric bowls in different sizes would be cool. 

Autobot stencil shirt:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41515419&ref=sr_gallery_6&&ga_search_query=autobot&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Iguana on log: not sure what this category I should put this in.  Its under handmade on esty though.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41360693&ref=sr_gallery_13&&ga_search_query=iguana&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Iguana necklace.  But painted realistic colors.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41553346&ref=sr_gallery_2&&ga_search_query=iguana&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Craft Supplies:

BIG WISH:
Amigurumi Knits book
http://www.amazon.com/Amigurumi-Knits-Patterns-Cute-Mini/dp/1589234359/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266504232&sr=8-1

Prairie Boot Pattern:
http://www.cocoknits.com/knit/garments/accessories/prairieboots.html

Knitting Books/Crochet Books:
Would especially love ones for making dog clothes or any Japanese books

Key Fob Hardware

Shrinky Dink Plastic

Plain Hooded sweatshirts for stenciling juniors size medium/large or mens small/medium.  Any colors black burgundy, grey whatever you have, used is fine as long as its soft, comfy and plain.

I want to make this Mario blanket.  But I can not for the life of me cut even squares.  So if you could send me the squares to make this blanket.  Lets say 5x5 or 6x6 inch squares.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334994.0

Standard size pillow cases. 2 or more please.  Plain ones for stenciling on. 

Blank dog tags:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37320860&ref=sr_gallery_7&&ga_search_query=metal+stamping+blanks&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_page=&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Black/white/ Gryffindor burgundy and gold sheets of felt (acrylic or wool)

Enough 6x6 fabric squares to make a lap quilt.  I need them in Gryffindor burgundy and gold only though.

Harry Potter/Hogwarts/or any house Iron on patches

sugar and creme yarn cotton yarn

Enough fleece to make some comfy lounge pants.  Style wise novelty type with care bears, transformers, dogs, pirates, or other cute girly or boyish designs.  I have a silly dressing style and would enjoy practically any novelty prints. 

Domiknitrix knitting book

Anticraft knitting, needle, crochet book

BIG WISH
Button maker for kids:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-THE-AMAZING-BUTTON-MAKER-KIDS-BUTTON-MAKING-KIT_W0QQitemZ260552104750QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3caa1d9b2e

Blanks like these:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29806583&ref=sr_gallery_19&&ga_search_query=rectangle+blanks&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Plain ring blanks:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=36907599&ref=sr_gallery_9&&ga_search_query=ring+blanks&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_page=2&order=price_asc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Wool yarn in black/grey/tans/browns.  Enough to make a shawl please.

Fabric in these themes:  Japanese kawaii, harry potter, transformers, tattoo, sanrio, tattoo, Alexander henry

Tee Juice fabric markers. I want the ones that look like bingo markers.

empty dvd cases, the regular plastic kind that your dvds come in when you buy them. the ones that hold 2 or 3 dvds would be great but singles would still be appreciated

frog candy molds-to make chocolate frogs

lots of solid color buttons in either blue or red. any size.

cute stationary

Puffy paints

Wooden cigar boxes

Stickers.  Harry potter, cupcakes, transformers, dogs, cats, sanrio, anything really, I write a lot of letters to my mom and siblings and Im always using stickers to decorate their letters.

Gel pens, in metallic or bright colors, doesnt matter.

Extras:

Bento egg molds
Bento pocket Sandwhich maker
Tv shows on dvd: Sabrina teenage witch, party of five, brady bunch, bewitched, ect.
Card games for game night.  (We have a regular deck, skip bo, uno & phase 10 already.)
Rumikub game with those tiles
Comedy or chick flick dvds
I love harry potter, hogwarts, e ery house although gryffindor is my favorite so anything related to that, cards, stickers, stationary, wouild be so great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010 02:54:13 PM »

Hi, I am Lindy I live in Phoenix, AZ and have two kids who are 9 and 5.  My 29th birthday is on March 21st.  We dont have any allergies.  We do have two cats and a hamster in our home and I am an outdoor only smoker.   I have a pretty extensive wist http://www.wists.com/lindyv321 and lots of fave projects in my profile.

Themes that I love are old school tattoos, butterflies, Tokidoki, dinosaurs, Alice in Wonderland (Disney or original), Stars, cupcakes/sweets, and skulls.  I like just about all colors except orange but I love pink, black, and sliver.  I also love music, marshmallows, bacon, and white cheddar cheese popcorn.  

The things love to do are make jewelry, inchies, stencil shirts, embroidery, do felt appliqu, simple sewing, working with resin, and general craftiness.  I am also currently loving making rapunzel scarves.  I would love to learn to make soap, candles, and solder. I always love to receive supplies and random ephemera.  

Things that I would like made for me would be:
A wisty surprise Thanks Avabrowneyes & Troublet
Anything based on one my listed themes
Amis or stuffies (I would really love a sock monkey or a poppet)
Charms
Inchies I collect these!  
Jewelry
Note Cards
PJ Pants/Yoga style pants (womens M/L, probably more towards L, I have wide hips LOL)
Wall Art
Pillowcases like I have on my wist
Fabric headbands
Purse or wallet
An apron
Pillows for my couch (I can stuff them) my living room is maroon & tan
bracelet like this one from my wist
http://www.wists.com/lindyv321/6f158721be7a1b9c6b4c52006ab4189c?offset=60
reusable sandwich and snack bags.  I would like them for me or for either of my kids.
Water bottle carrier for each of my kids like these
http://www.wists.com/lindyv321/c40d14c3abef8ee83cb8a0a10ed93029?offset=100
Happy breakfast things.  Smiling toast always makes me smile!

Supplies I would love:
Thanks Avabrowneyes and Troublet for supply surprises!
BIG WISH -Fabric squares to make an I Spy quilt for each of my kids probably 5x5 or 6x6
BIG WISH - a crop a dile tool
Beads I really like plastic, glass or resin beads
Whimsies, cute & tiny = love
ephemera, vintage pictures
inchie bases
punched paper shapes
punched cardboard shapes (recycled from cereal boxes etc)\
punched plastic shapes (from old gift cards etc)
fancy or soft yarns for Rapunzel Scarves
embroidery patterns, transfer paper, etc
stamps
things to embroider on such a pillow cases
things to put into resin for pendants, rings, etc (glitter, candies, small cute things).
Resin Molds
Scrabble tiles  
Suncatcher prisims
Old skeleton keys
Silver tone jewelry findings (headpins, eyepins, ear wires, jump rings, etc)
Spoon bails

Extras:
If someone was to claim me from out of the country, I would love to receive some of your local chocolate or treats that I can't get in the US!
Marshmallow Fluff, I really want to try it but can't find it in my area
white cheddar cheese popcorn
local items like spicy salsa's, pancake mixes, chips that are sold in your home town but not mine!
Reese's Easter eggs, white chocolate and milk chocolate covered (at easter they sell them in a bag with a mixture of both kinds)
Chocolate covered marshmallows (these are everywhere around easter!)

Thanks for reading my list, I cant wait to see what everyone else has on their wishlists!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010 01:52:40 PM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Natural Hair Dye
How to Get a Great Haircut at the Barbershop
How to Use Hot Rollers to Curl Your Hair
How to Use Hair Sticks
How to Use Bobby Pins to Make Three Cute Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...