A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
377 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Murder and Mayhem Swap Gallery (1/20/2010 Sent 03/10/2010)  (Read 4532 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StrawberryJeli
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010 11:49:48 PM »

Great packages so far!

I love the clipboard sweetyetevil made! Very cool. I might have to make something similar for myself. Everything else is great too.*another Torchwood fan here*

I really love the Sherlock Holmes hat jexxican made too. And that photo is adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010 08:35:11 AM »

Yeahhhh!! I am so glad you liked the package cursive_queen...I was a bit worried I shrunk the pink shirt too much hahaha
The crime scene monkey cracks me up, the sherlock hat is sweet and the purple book cover is so cool. Love the shirts done too. I cannot wait to see the rest of the packages and I hope I get mine today!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010 09:31:37 AM »

Sweetyetevil - I think the shirt shrunk mostly length-wise.  I threw a tank under it to cover the little gapage -- perfect Smiley
I think your package is due to arrive today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010 03:28:28 PM »

jexxican that picture cracked me up!! 

Such great stuff everybody Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Atellix

I'm not obsessed. I'm excessively enthusiastic.

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010 08:19:16 AM »

TORCHWOOOOOOD! Love that show. And that clipboard will be wisted. Smiley

I love those resin charms! I've always wanted to learn how to work with resin. Any ideas on where I should start?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010 09:56:34 AM »

So my mom called me yesterday totally surprised and she loves it all. She actually got a day off (woah! unheard of!) and it happened to be when she got her box. She said she'd read some of the author Tankrgrl had sent her but she doesn't think it was the ones she sent, I think, or something like that. Either way she liked what she had read and was excited to get more! Thanks so much, Tankrgrl! Happy Birthday two months late to my mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Atellix

I'm not obsessed. I'm excessively enthusiastic.

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010 07:43:14 PM »

I got my package today from mpemporium! After a bit of a panic with a missing mail box key, I received my package! After the bomb squad checked it thoroughly, I was given the green light to open it. And it was full of awesome. Awesome and police evidence that had been checked in.

The evidence. Everything has been thoroughly (and brilliantly) tagged! The tags are so awesome! I thought they were authentic!

I'm a huge Midsomer Murders and Foyle's War fan, so the evidence was passed on from their head detectives, DCI Barnaby and DCI Foyle.
-- Translated, means that I got one of the books that features DCI Barnaby (the series inspired Midsomer Murders) and DCI Foyle's warrant card! I'm so excited to read the book! And the warrant card is so detailed! I'm tempted to start carrying it in my purse and flash it at people who question my authority.

DCI Foyle's notebook! Now I can make notes on suspicious activity in my small town without missing a single detail! (Also as a writer it'll be in my bag to help me write down ideas as they come to me!)

Speaking of bag, I now have one! I am a HUGE fan of the show Psych (not, you know, OBSESSED, but it's definitely one of the things that always cheers me up/I always watch). So I got a Psych bag! It's based on a gag from the picture below. The main character is this playful, unscrupulous kind of guy, and the chalk outline is his kind of humour (notice: he's the one holding the chalk). I freakin' love it. It's got such awesome colors.

The confiscated evidence, clearly raided from a number of different evidence lockers. Thanks again so much for everything mpemporium! I love it all so much!

P.S. Where did you get the AWESOME police evidence tags?!? Did you make them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mpemporium
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010 02:31:36 AM »

Atellix - I'm glad you liked everything Smiley

I made the evidence tags, based on some that I'd seen while at uni (I did a forensics degree) and modified them a bit... you can see the originals here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=341539.0

I made the warrant card based on some historical ones that I'd seen on websites from that period, and then adapted it to suit my purposes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010 01:46:21 PM »

Grin my goodies from cursive_queen!

Blood covered notecards...something very bad happened to make these!!

A book covered with a reusable book cover (very cool) and a coroners book mark...The book is the 1st one on the Temperance Brennan series. I have never read any of the books so this will be my first!

A super cool pillow with a secret pocket!! Another book is peeking out called the crafty Teddy. Another mystery book hehe
I loved all my goodies! I esp love the pillow. I have a thing for pillow and blankets so this was a perfect choice for me!!
Thanks cursive_queen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010 01:51:14 PM »

TORCHWOOOOOOD! Love that show. And that clipboard will be wisted. Smiley

I love those resin charms! I've always wanted to learn how to work with resin. Any ideas on where I should start?

Just go get one of the resin kits at Michaels or Joannes called envirotex lite. Low order and easy to use. I tried the one in the metal container you can get and the smell is so strong you will pass out from it! I cannot really smell trhe stuff I use. Get some thrown away dixie cups and plastic spoons and you are ready! Oh, I have used liquid inks t ocolor my resin and they work fine. No need to spend a ton of money on the fancy ones special for resin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Best Baby photographs in Photoshop
How to Lighten Certain Areas of an Image
How to Retouch in Photoshop
How to Make Big Prints in Photoshop
Photoshop tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...