A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dandewine--dandelion wine! with an instructional video!  (Read 47817 times)
Tags for this thread: wine , dandelion , ferment , alcohol , flower , recipe , craftster_best_of_2010 , drink  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

julibooli
maker extraordinaire )'(

adventure on the sewin' seas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2012 09:17:23 AM »

There is one thing that concerns me tho: unlike in France here in Scotland it is still freezing cold, so i wouldn't really get it up to  a high enough temperature for the initial fermentation. Instead of using dried flowers (or pick the older ones in summer), could I just pick, clean and then freeze the flowers? Utnil it is warm enough here - which is soon I hope, getting sick of that weather. Any ideas?

also, for your ferment in the open bottles, do you cap them with anything to keep the dirt/flies/... out?

I was drinking beer across Germany and Czech Republic during the fermentation process, but if I had been back on the farm I would have covered the open bottles with fabric, or old stockings, or something to keep out the ants. Ex-boyfriend however did not do these things, so we just strained the dead ants out at the end. It was a rustic lifestyle, to say the least.

As for the freezing, I imagine it could work. Sadly I only made wine this one time, and though it was a definite success I am not an expert!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tomico
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012 01:31:00 PM »

Oh that sounds fantastic! I so want to make this! Thanks for sharing - and thanks for reviving, too, haha!

There is one thing that concerns me tho: unlike in France here in Scotland it is still freezing cold, so i wouldn't really get it up to  a high enough temperature for the initial fermentation. Instead of using dried flowers (or pick the older ones in summer), could I just pick, clean and then freeze the flowers? Utnil it is warm enough here - which is soon I hope, getting sick of that weather. Any ideas?

also, for your ferment in the open bottles, do you cap them with anything to keep the dirt/flies/... out?

Oh I am so excited now. told the BF already and he just shrugged. grmgrmlll ... men... he'll be dragged out for a long weekend through the fields tomorrow, haha!

I have seen many types of yeasts that prefer a cooler fermentation. You may want to try this and keep the batch in the basement (if you have one) with a more consistent temp. for control.

Tomico
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Look White Hot in White Denim
Trend Report - Prints
DIY Cut-Out T-Shirt
DIY Painted Pumps
Does Megan Fox Do Sexy Better Than Anyone Else?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...