A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wal-Marts with a Fabric & Crafts Department  (Read 2140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2010 02:13:31 PM »

Long story short, I'm wondering which Wal-marts in MS still have their fabrics & crafts departments.  Right now, I'm most curious about Wal-marts in or near Meridian or Newton, but I would be interested in other places as well.

Here's some I know, for anyone else interested.

Hattiesburg: The one on Highway 49 doesn't have one any more and the one on Highway 98 is currently undergoing a remodel and will lose theirs. (So there may be some clearance bargains, if you're there on the right day.)

Picayune: Lost theirs.

Laurel: Had one the last time I visited, but that was over a year ago.

Petal: Someone told me they still had one, but I haven't actually visited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
quiltgrl
fabric addict

Faaaabulous!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010 06:40:07 AM »

Hernando does, but they said they might be getting rid of it now because the Joann opened in Southaven.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Latias_Kyori
That bisexual punk slowly making Mississippi a better place.

I am sweet when you know me.. And blue-haired now.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010 02:35:15 PM »

Our Wal-Mart has undergone rennovation, but I am 99.957 percent certain we still have ours in Oxford.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:

Saving up money for cross stitching
Anti-anti-aliasing a drawing for cross stitching pattern (MS Paint)
Learning how to make clothes (Trial and error!)

Always wanting to try something new! ^^
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010 12:15:46 PM »

I was in Laurel a couple of weeks ago and they do still have a fabric dept. For how much longer, I don't know.

I was in Gulfport two days ago and found that the Wal-mart behind the Coliseum still has a fabric department. Sorry, I don't know the street name, but it seems to be a regular Wal-mart, rather than a Supercenter, and going around the block from the Gulf Coast Coliseum, it was directly behind it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010 12:31:49 PM »

I was in Petal last week and they are in the middle of a remodel, which means they will probably lose their fabric and crafts department. I didn't actually ask to be sure because it was the middle of the night, the craft stuff was shoved to the front of the store, the aisles were jumbled up close together, and the employees in the area were busy rearranging things. There was a fair amount of marked down craft items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quiltgrl
fabric addict

Faaaabulous!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011 04:45:57 PM »

Hernando walmart is closing their fabric section, now everything is 50% off, soon to be 75%!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011 04:29:52 PM »

I'm no longer looking for the thing that made me start this thread, but I  happened to think about this thread recently when I saw that the Hattiesburg Wal-Mart (the Hwy 98 one) is bringing back its fabric department. It looks as if it will be a little smaller than before, but it's good to see fabric coming back somewhere. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quiltgrl
fabric addict

Faaaabulous!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011 07:15:11 PM »

Hernando did too, but it is mostly precuts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pnk_Kitten
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011 06:32:46 PM »

Ohhh!! I can help with this one! Newton has a full craft section (best in Lauderdale/Newton county area), Meridian on Hwy 19 has yarn, a few sewing machines and some beads, Meridian on the interstate is like 19 only a little better, Louisville and Philidelphia have a full craft section and aren't a bad drive if you are heading north anyhow. There is a Jo-Anna's too, and that fabric shop where the old Sack and Save used to be. Across the road from the interstate Wal-Mart.
Oh, and now the Wal-Marts in Starkville, West Point, Tupelo, and I think but do not quote me, Amory, Fulton, are fully equipped craft centers.

I hope this helps you out! I know I sound crazy, but I travel around a bit, and like to know where I can get supplies, and what is different about each place. /shrug.
If you go to Tupelo though, just go to Hobby Lobby, it will make you extremely happy. Or go to Jackson in the Flowood area.  They have a Micheal's and a Hobby Lobby literally across the street from each other!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Le Bon Marché: Inside the Birthplace of Shopping
Chanel Spring 2014 RTW Runway Show: Celebrity Sightings at PFW 2014
Kim and Kanye Get Custom Designer Clothes For North
How to Style Your College Campus Gear
Get The Blake Lively Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...