A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Naja's Diy vintage wedding thread 3/9/10 update with THE DRESS  (Read 1747 times)
Tags for this thread: vintage  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 26, 2010 10:02:02 AM »

2/26
Erick and I just closed on our house (got the keys Monday)!!!!
With that done now I can start planning our wedding which will be June 20th 2010.

As you can imagine we spent all of our money buying the house so we will be doing this very frugally.  It will be small about 60 guests and the ceremony will be at a park with the reception at our home nearby.

Sent save the dates (will post soon) but I really wanted to start this thread because I saw this guest book idea at Martha Stewart http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/25-guest-book-ideas#slide_5

I just bought this typewriter on e-bay for $10!!!! Im so excited I could pee. I also e-mailed around and of course they dont make the ribbon anymore but they make a ribbon that fits that I can wrap around the existing pools.

Of course after shipping and ribbon the whole thing is more like $60 (more than I would have spent on a book) but I end up with a working vintage typewriter and there are so many things I can do with the paper people write on. Im wicked excited!

Hey wanna see the wedding website I made for free? Yes free including online RSVP? Here it is http://najaanderick.weebly.com/ It was super easy to make (I am not a web designer). If you have questions on how, shoot me a message.

2/27
And now save the dates as promised. I designed business card sized STD's (oh that looks bad lets call them "dates") using the Photoshop that came with my printer and a free image from graphics fairy. Haven't been? You should go http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/

Then I went to Office Max and they have business card sized magnets 100 for $21. I enlisted my bridesmaids (who have better hand writing than I do) and added two rubber stamps. All in all I spent about $50 for 100 "dates" not counting postage. Pretty cool I think. I like that information is vague I really want people to go to the website. And I love love love that it's a fridge magnet.

3/9/10
I was looking at vintage dresses and found this one on ETSY...and...I...love...it.
It's just what I was looking for without knowing what I was looking for. It's pretty and feminine, white but not white white, unique, and summery. Great for June. I am thinking a string of fresh water pearls to wrap in my hair, but who knows. Did I mention the dress was only $42? I found it at 8 pm, kept looking at vintage dresses until 1am, went to bed, then got up at 6 and bought it. I hope it fits. It should from the measurements. ok I'm am shutting up now so you can see the dress...

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 01:33:00 PM by najaorama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010 10:18:58 AM »

I saw that on Martha Stewart too, and I am totally set on having it for the guestbook at my upcoming wedding!! I completely agree with the "so excited I could pee" sentiment. As soon as I saw it, I didn't want to look at another guestbook option again! Fantastic! Congrats and I hope it works well for you at your reception!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sf craftster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010 11:39:07 AM »

what a great idea! also, i truly appreciate your statement on the home page of your website (great site, by the way) about marriage equality. how courageous of you to put it front and center!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eggnog Monte Cristos: Outside the Box
Favorite Southern Comfort Food, from Trisha Yearwood
The Inspiration Behind The Cookbooks, from Trisha Yearwood
Visit to Honeybaked Ham in Gastonia, NC
The Smells That Remind Me of Home, From Trisha Yearwood
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...