A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Gibbous Altered fashions swap(SIGNUPS through to March 25;SENDOUT June 1)  (Read 42501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Feywalker
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2010 11:53:42 AM »

1. How does the Gibbous style make you feel? (when you look at it what emotion do you get off of it) It really depends on the piece.  Free, I guess

2. Would you wear Gibbous style everyday or just  for special occasions? Everyday is a special occation.  Im trying to stop with the jeans and ratty t shirt combo

3. What are your 3 fav Gibbous clothing? Crap, cant get to right now

4. Are you more for the crazy random gibbous or more of the delicate pieced gibbous? I like them both.  I tend towards symmetry myself, but trying to go more asymmetrical.

5. What are your favorite colors? Greens especially.  Blue, purple, red.  I really like clean colors.  White.

6. Do you collect anything? or do you have any certain likes? (example woodland_faerie loves faeries and collects skeleton keys and woodland creatures) Craft supplies. Hee hee. 

7. Are you a person that can sit at their machine and sew for hours or one that has to get up like every 5 min? I can sew for hours and not realize Ive been there that long until I try to stand up.

8. Have you ever made a gibbous inspired garment before?  Nope, cant wait to do it.

9. If you could live anywhere where would it be? Ireland, I think.

10. What is your favorite season? Spring or fall.  I always love the one of those Im in or about to be in the most.

11. What is your favorite time in fashion history? Theres so many to love.  Victorian, or early 1900s.

12.  What inspires you? Nature most of all.

13. Are you a city person or a country/ woods/ nature person?  Woods/nature.

14. Do you recycle alot? I try.  I think I reuse more than recycle.

15. What is your favorite foods? Thats a hard one.  It really depends on what Im in the mood for.  Steak sounds great right now.  Love stews and soups.  I just love food, I think thats why I learned to cook.

16. What really "burns your biscuits" ? Rudeness.  Theres no reason not to be polite, until you just want to kick their bum.

17. Do you have any hobbies? Gardening.  I love to have my hands in the dirt.  Studying I love to learn new things, it really doesnt matter what it is.

18. What types of crafts do you do? Crochet, sewing, embroidery, some papercrafting, really anything I get a chance to try out.

19. what is your favorite books and music? My fav book is The Count of Monte Cristo.  But right now Im reading the fever books by Karen Marie Moning and Biogardeners bible.  I love most music, dont really care for Rap.

and the last one....

20. If you were deserted on a desert island what one thing would you have with you? Can I bring my whole craft room as one thing?  I get bored to easy without something to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Aveykin
Perpetually in the Clouds

Environmental Science Major~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2010 05:40:32 PM »

1. How does the Gibbous style make you feel? (when you look at it what emotion do you get off of it)
Free and whimsical, able to feel closer to the core that makes up our world and society.  Free form does that for me.

2. Would you wear Gibbous style everyday or just  for special occasions?
Since I'm a full time student right now, I would probably wear something there.  Or out and about.

3. What are your 3 fav Gibbous clothing?
I'll get back to this one.

4. Are you more for the crazy random gibbous or more of the delicate pieced gibbous?
Both!  I'm pretty yin/yang sometimes.

5. What are your favorite colors?
Greens, blues, browns, purples, bright colours, greys of all shades.  I shy away from pastels and really dark colours (unless it's a dark green/brown).

6. Do you collect anything? or do you have any certain likes? (example woodland_faerie loves faeries and collects skeleton keys and woodland creatures)
Sea glass, I do a lot of beach combing, so shells, driftwood, rocks.  I also do a lot of photography (when I have a working camera).  And collect dnd dice. And starwars and lotr paraphernalia...XD

7. Are you a person that can sit at their machine and sew for hours or one that has to get up like every 5 min?
I usually have to get up, I'm pretty restless.  Usually because of that I'll take breaks and do hand sewing, or embroidery. Especially because those can be done outside.

8. Have you ever made a gibbous inspired garment before?
Yup!

9. If you could live anywhere where would it be?
New Zealand, or right where I am in BC.  Definitely want a waterfront property though.

10. What is your favorite season?
Spring/Summer

11. What is your favorite time in fashion history?
Victorian, Renaissance, 80s.

12.  What inspires you?
the natural world and the technological one.  Science is the closest thing I have to a religion Smiley

13. Are you a city person or a country/ woods/ nature person?
Nature

14. Do you recycle a lot?
Pretty much in a near to zero waste household right now.

15. What is your favorite foods?
Pastas, nummy breads, cake, pie, cookies, raw veggies, cheesy thing, stew, soups.

16. What really "burns your biscuits" ?
Littering, apathy, willful ignorance

17. Do you have any hobbies?
Beach combing, crafting (sewing, embroidery, braiding, painting, collage, poly clay, knitting...goes on), gardening

18. What types of crafts do you do?
uhh see above

19. what is your favorite books and music and games (I added games cause I'm a huge nerd)?
Lotr, harry potter, starwars, world of warcraft, techno, punk, ska, classical, choral, gregorian chanting, best book ever: The Name of the Wind.

and the last one....

20. If you were deserted on a desert island what one thing would you have with you?
My boyfriend.  Together, we are invincible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap(s):
Surprise Ball Swap-Sent
Matchbox Swap-Sent
Warcraft Swap- Crafting

"Accuse not Nature, she hath done her part; Do thou but thine."
-John Milton

http://wists.com/Aveykin
loukr
Tutorial Contributor

Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle . .

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2010 12:13:07 PM »

Whoo question time!

1. How does the Gibbous style make you feel? (when you look at it what emotion do you get off of it)

It makes me feel like I'm in the wrong world! Can you imagine a world where everyone wears gibbous style clothes? How amazing would that be!
It makes me feel like I want to go and hide out in the woods and make a camp and live on fruit and nuts!

2. Would you wear Gibbous style everyday or just  for special occasions?

I'd wear it every day if I had a choice!

3. What are your 3 fav Gibbous clothing?

the willow dress is just amazing!
Diary Dress
The Yellow Building dress

4. Are you more for the crazy random gibbous or more of the delicate pieced gibbous?

Crazy random is what I live for! That is, crazy random and delicate being lacey extras!

5. What are your favorite colors?

Anything dusky, earthy and natural. Antique type colours, rust and maybe a bit of gold copper and bronze in there too!

6. Do you collect anything? or do you have any certain likes?

Do I collect anything? mhmm yeah I do! I collect anything and everything! from seashells buttons and vintage fabric remnants to antique lace and crocheted doilies, vintage cameras (I have a whole cupboard full of the things!), antique books and vintage clothes, bird cages.. hey.. I even now have 3 dressforms! Broken jewellery, you never know when you might need something! guitars.. I am a proper hoarder, I'm going to be one of those old ladies who has loads of cats and just piles and piles of STUFF everywhere! I'm half way there.. once I move out of my flat, I'm getting kitties!!

7. Are you a person that can sit at their machine and sew for hours or one that has to get up like every 5 min?

I'm a fidget/scatter brains.. I'll start something and then remember something else I was in the middle of doing, get up to do it then return to my other project. But I have been known to stick an album on repeat and stay up all night sewing though, without interruption! It just depends on what I'm making and how well the process is going!

8. Have you ever made a gibbous inspired garment before?

Sure have Smiley

9. If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Venice or Tuscany. Two of the most beautiful places I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. And now I've seen where Cassadee lives.. I want to live in Canada also!

10. What is your favorite season?

Spring for the blossom and flowers, autumn for the amazing colours.

11. What is your favorite time in fashion history?

raggedy pirate ladies, the bustles, corsets, undre garments and embellishment of the victorian era. the freedom, dropped waists, pearls and feathers of the 20's, the bias cut of the 30's, the nipped waists and petticoats of the 50's, the hippys of the 70's! (Any or all, I love all the aspects just mentioned..!)

12.  What inspires you?

Everything good in this world, nature especially, If I go for walks on my own I'm always looking around me and wondering 'how on earth did all of this.. happen?' I'm fortunate enough to live right near one of the biggest yew tree forests in Europe, it's amazing and the trees are thousands of years old!
I'm also inspired by Alice in wonderland, magic, scraps, birdcages, old keys and padlocks, the magic garden, all the curiousness in the world, locked doors, derelict buildings, old rag dolls, perfect beautiful porcelain dolls, scrap boxes, junk shops. daisy chains. The list goes ON!

13. Are you a city person or a country/ woods/ nature person?

I live in a little city on the south coast of the UK which really can be quite uninspiring at times, but luckilly there's miles and miles of countryside around, and some absolutely beautiful walks to go on, so it's always easy to get away if needs be.
If I could, I would live in a little cottage in the country!

14. Do you recycle alot?

Yeah I do! I recycle all the usual, y'know.. plastics/papers/glass. You lot would have a field day in my craft room though.. I pick up bits & pieces from EVERYWHERE! Anything I see that's otherwise past its time but would be good for something else will be brought home with me!

15. What is your favorite foods?

it's hard to say.. probably my grans home cooking, and cakes of all sorts. Infact. cake mix, you can't beat a bit of cake mix!

16. What really "burns your biscuits" ?

No idea if everyone here knows what this is.. but chavs. A chav is the lowest part of UK 'culture'. Usually between the ages of 13-26, likes to randomly insult people for no reason.. I won't type too much more. they're not wirth it Wiki has it's very own definition of a chav here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav !!
Sadly the road I live on has both a youth hostel and student housing at one end of it, and about 1 mile from there and past my flat, you have the town centre. Friday and Saturday nights have me sitting here paranoid for what will happen come morning. Usually it involves yet another dent in the bonnet or roof of my car where some drunks have used it as a climbing frame, or a smashed windscreen.. yeah, that was just fantastic. I even opened the curtains the other day to find a young girl urinating on my driveway. What a wonderful world we live in huh? Infact, recently we've had horrid little kids that can't be much older than 15 hanging around outside drinking and screaming at innocent people walking by, playing chicken in the road and just being general little... you know..?!
People who are only out to hurt. I've had far too many people trample all over me in the last, but I have now written them out of my life Smiley
Pollution. It's disgusting.
People chucking litter on the floor.. ARGH!

17. Do you have any hobbies?

Many. First thing, I take photographs. Mainly of beautiful landscapes and fashion/creative portraits. I also love to draw although I wish I was better! I make clothes, bags, that sort of thing! I love trawling through charity shops and rummaging around at carboot sales and finding treasure! I love going for walks and picnics. I play the guitar and sing, badly! I also love to play the piano! Like Cassadee I also love urban exploration (hunting down abandoned derelict buildings and photographing them)!

18. What types of crafts do you do?

I make clothes, love all things textiles! photography, illustration, reconstruction! I'm slowly learning thrifty ways of making jewellery!

19. what is your favorite books and music?

I'm in love with Gregory and the Hawk right now, and the XX, and Florence and the Machine.. I love music! I don't know what I'd do without it!

20. If you were deserted on a desert island what one thing would you have with you?

My boyfriend! because if I'm stranded, he has to be stranded with me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorials, features, bloggyness http://www.dearestjackdaw.com/

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2010 12:24:59 PM »

Roll Eyes SCRAP IT BABY SCRAP IT YA I LIKE IT TORN AND DIRTY AND OOO SO TEXTURIE  MMMMM HMMMMMM----that is how gibbous makes me feel Shocked yowzer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
christinacoghill

My biggest fans!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2010 02:58:32 PM »

I had planned on getting something done with this swap this weekend and havne't done a darn thing.   Cry

Of course the really cool second hand stores aren't open on Sundays. I have a goal to at least get the main part of the project this week,, that way I can start on the bits and pieces and what nots.... 

1. How does the Gibbous style make you feel? (when you look at it what emotion do you get off of it) happy and young, makes me feel like I am 16 or 17

2. Would you wear Gibbous style everyday or just  for special occasions? Probably for special occasons

3. What are your 3 fav Gibbous clothing? everytime I look I see something I like better then the last time.

4. Are you more for the crazy random gibbous or more of the delicate pieced gibbous? both!  But I would get more use out of the more delicate pieced stuff

5. What are your favorite colors? purples, then pinks, Black, then the rest. 

6. Do you collect anything? or do you have any certain likes? I collect
yarn, I hate to say... I also love tiny objects

7. Are you a person that can sit at their machine and sew for hours or one that has to get up like every 5 min? I never have time to sew for more then a few minutes at a time. 

8. Have you ever made a gibbous inspired garment before? nope

9. If you could live anywhere where would it be? In the mountains somewhere secluded, plus could have enough land to be self sufficiant with a farm and animals. 

10. What is your favorite season? fall

11. What is your favorite time in fashion history? The 80's and punk stuff

12.  What inspires you? nature inspires me the most.

13. Are you a city person or a country/ woods/ nature person? woods/nature girl living in the subburds of Chicago.

14. Do you recycle alot? not as much as I should

15. What is your favorite foods? Potatoes and popcorn!

16. What really "burns your biscuits" ? rude men.  Especially when you have to take your car somplace t get worked on. I hate feeling like they are tryng to screw me over. 

17. Do you have any hobbies? crafting and copmuters and being a sports mom

18. What types of crafts do you do? crochet, knit, spin yarn, melt stuff, just starting making braclets

19. what is your favorite books and music? any horror/sci fi book. Alternative and 80's music, NIN, and angry women music

and the last one....

20. If you were deserted on a desert island what one thing would you have with you? I would have to bring my dog Athena, she is a Cheseapeake bay retriever and she would die if I was not around. she is my shadow when I am at home and is sad when I'm at work.  so basically she is spoled rotten!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

danirene
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2010 08:00:09 PM »

Okay,
Here are my favorite gibbous pieces. I couldn't narrow down to just three....

Vests:
Benjamin Brown Vest
Jarrett Leaf Vest
Geniveve underbust Vest

Skirts:
Lillian Skirt
Jessamin Skirt
Gibbous Gibbous Skirt

Dresses:
The Diary Dress

Other things:
Treasure Bonnet
Nickelby top hat
Arthur Oaks Armwarmers (I made myself a pair!)

Okay. yep. That's all my favorites.
lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nikolelily
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2010 09:58:40 PM »

weekly check in-
can't.
stop.
ripping.
seams.
once i got over the initial fear of ruining something lovely special ive been saving and made that first *snip*
its magic!
the thrill of destruction!
the glow of creation!
it's addictive! i cant wait to see where this goes, i have a plotted course for it, but i think it will veer off, i mean i KNOW it will veer off, its just a matter of how far.
all in all-
super stoked! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

think for yourself, question authority.
Cassadee

The Dude Abides...

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2010 05:09:45 AM »

You guys are a bunch of cuties!

I'm enjoying reading these!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to explore abandonments and take pictures when I'm not crafting! Here's my blog!

http://www.boondockex.blogspot.com

My Wist List Wink

http://www.wists.com/Cassadee

I LOVE PERSONAL SWAPS! PM me if interested!
Aveykin
Perpetually in the Clouds

Environmental Science Major~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2010 09:38:04 AM »

I'm feeling kinda bad for Loukr and myselfs boyfriends lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap(s):
Surprise Ball Swap-Sent
Matchbox Swap-Sent
Warcraft Swap- Crafting

"Accuse not Nature, she hath done her part; Do thou but thine."
-John Milton

http://wists.com/Aveykin
ladylove
« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2010 09:39:06 AM »

I have the vision in my head, pieces gathers and bits of found treasure. I am so excited to start sewing! I just need to get the base piece and I am read to begin the stitching!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where ever you go, there you are.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Interlochen Camp
Quilt as You Go - Strip Quilt
New Monopoly Rules
Emmy Submission: The Future Of Us
Top Collectors Suffer Art-Fair Fatigue
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...