A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,220
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Estão em lisboa?  (Read 6215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kmsmaverick
« on: May 02, 2005 08:32:37 AM »

Vou de férias a lisboa em julho, e eu perguntei-me se há qualquer feiras de artesanato ou mercados que posso ir a achar tecido?

Traduzi este online de inglês a portugues, eu estou muito pesaroso se é terrível. Tento de aprender portugues, mas até agora eu só sei algumas coisas.

muito obrigados!

I am going on vacation to lisbon in july, and i wanted to try to find some fabric for souveneers. can anyone help? are there any textile markets or fabric shops that have great things? Please let me know! thanks!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005 08:28:54 AM by kmsmaverick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bequitas
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005 04:25:20 PM »

ola!! eu sou portuguesa! não vivo em lisboa mas costumo la ir de vez em quando!! um sitio onde podes ir é a feira da ladra, em alfama, é uma feira de coisas usadas e vintage! aquilo é ao ar livre e facil de encontrar!!
e podes tambem ir a rua saraiva de carvalho que vai dar ao cemiterio dos prazeres ha la muitas lojas de tecidos, apesar da maioria ser de tecidos de decoraçao, encontras muitas coisas giras!!

o teu portuges é muito bom!! desculpa-me escrever so em portugues, mas o meu ingles nao é suficiente bom pa escrever isto tudo!!!! Cheesy

quer ir pa feira da ladra quer pa rua saraiva de carvalho podes ir de electrico que vai la dar mesmo!!!

espero ter-te ajudado!!!e espero que te divirtas ca por portugal!!!
xo becas Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carina
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005 12:27:33 PM »

Hi!
Well, the tool you used to translate your text is great!
I live near Lisbon and what bequitas said is a good idea. You also have the Feira dos Tecidos in Baixa/Chiado (or Rossio) <-- subway stops, both of them, it's a very good shop to search for good fabric.
I wish you had ask for some yarn shops Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What does not kill you, only makes you stronger
kmsmaverick
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005 05:04:05 AM »

ah but no! i'm afraid knitting is very confusing to me! perhaps i will try to learn again. i will try the feria dos tecidos, and the other ones too. my friend and i are going to be there for two weeks! i think we'll also spend some quality time in bairro Alto? but from what i've read that not a neighborhood for crafting!

: D

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carina
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005 05:26:42 AM »

Bairro Alto..! I hope I can see you there! It's a place where people (mostly students) go to drink and talk, on the streets, very old streets, with old houses too. It's an unique place, I tell you. And don't be scared, we portuguese are very nice and friendly with tourists!
In Bairro Alto, on a monday, search for "Tasca do Chico", it's a place with amateur Fado, quite cheap and you can eat good food and listen to our Fado Smiley I can't remember the name of the street, though, but it's on Bairro Alto.
Alfama is near Bairro Alto and you can find some good "retrosarias" - stores that sell buttons, notions and so, I don't know how you call them. And it's very nice to walk on those old and full of history streets.
Well, if you need anything, stop by the Faculty of Sciences in Campo Grande, search for the department of Geology and I'll be in the 6.3.69 lab Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005 06:38:37 AM »

ah! one thing i would like to know is what is the fasion? the style? I would like to look as much like a native as possible, but of course my pasty white skin will be a dead givaway, and then add to it my complete lack of portuguse; other than "nao falo muito portugues" and Cerveza fas favor!

i would like to blend in as much as possible, so- what's the style? for instance, if i walked around paris or milan in jeans and sneakers, my style would not be appreciated. how is it in portugal? my friend sofia is super laid back, casual and all. is that typical? or is that because she teaches teenagers? here in the states, we are casual. only in the cities are there real fashionistas.
is that so in portugal?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carina
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005 06:44:53 AM »

Cerveja se faz favor, ihihihihihih! Be careful, our beer is quite stronger than yours!  Tourists get drunk really fast here Wink
About the fashion... well, like in all european countries, i guess, we have all kinds of looks.. If you were a gothic at a small village, people would notice you.. At Lisbon we have all kind of styles.. Gothic, punk, glam, "tia" e "beta" <-- have no idea how to translate this, hippie, casual..
I wear jeans, sneakers and t-shirts most of the days... Smiley Dont you worry about that!
Don't forget to bring your bathing suit! The beach is about 20 min away from Lisbon (in train/bus). And if you can, visit Sintra, it's about 30 min in the train, the ticket is very cheap and it's simply amazing..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005 11:33:39 AM »

hey carina! will i need an I.D.?

i was thinking that i haven't yet lost my passport, and so that's pushing my luck. my friend sofia is here in the us, from lisbon, and she usually just carries around her portugues Identification- that must be like an american drivers license. we use our Licenses for all purpose ID's. but since we have the somewhat strict drinking and smoking ages, we really have to carry our licenses all the time, even if we're not driving.  Sometimes sofia's Portuguese ID is ok at the door, but then other times it's not (it depend's on the mood of the bouncer, which i suppose is universal).

But do you think i'll just be able to use my State driver's license; so i won't have to cart around the passport all the time?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carina
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005 12:03:49 PM »

Hummm.. I really have no idea, but sometimes, when we don't have our ID for some reason (lost it, or something), we can use our drivers licence. So I guess you can too Smiley
I must tell you, IT'S VERY HOT HERE!!! Summer's here, so bring light summer clothing.. and your bathing suit Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blasfemme

Yes,I am a living plushie like Ragamuffin.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007 04:30:12 PM »

ah! one thing i would like to know is what is the fasion? the style? I would like to look as much like a native as possible, but of course my pasty white skin will be a dead givaway, and then add to it my complete lack of portuguse; other than "nao falo muito portugues" and Cerveza fas favor!

i would like to blend in as much as possible, so- what's the style? for instance, if i walked around paris or milan in jeans and sneakers, my style would not be appreciated. how is it in portugal? my friend sofia is super laid back, casual and all. is that typical? or is that because she teaches teenagers? here in the states, we are casual. only in the cities are there real fashionistas.
is that so in portugal?

Worry not for I am Portuguese as they come and I am so white I am bordering transparency. That will not be a problem. You can wear pretty much anything anywhere, people sometimes stare at goths and that but I think it's "normal". We are also very casual but quite colorful these days. And teenagers NEVER give up their sneakers for anything in this world. I no longer qualify as a teen,neither do my friends but we never give them up either.
Have fun, be careful with the alcohol (it IS strong) and if you're coming in from July to September do wear sunscreen and drink lots of water. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all live in the gutters, but some of us are looking up at the stars" Oscar Wilde
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn Regular Socks Into Non-Skid Slipper Socks
How to Make Christmas Party Hats
How to Make Your Own Mud Boots
How to Make Beer Hats
How to Crochet Bee Happy Flowers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...