A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Estão em lisboa?  (Read 6204 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kmsmaverick
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007 05:38:06 AM »

blasfemme!

i visited in july of 2005. I horned in on my friend's family home. i was pleased by the casual style. though it was so hot and we wore jeans all the time, that was different, because in america when it is hot, people wear shorts- a lot of shorts on children and adults. though i guess sofia's dad wore shorts. the rest of us did not. next time i go, (i'm hoping ot figure out a way to score a cheap flight this summer again) i'm going to pack a couple of cute skirts to wear. and i've already been shopping for shoes.

the other day i tried to duplicate Portuguese breakfast- what i fondly remember sofia's family having the day i arrived. but a person can't find spreadable camembert in the US. go figure, a "french" chese is one of my great loves of portugal, but even in my town with a long portuguese heritage, it's hard to find good bread. mmmm and the dense corn bread is impossible to find. i can get chorizo and use parma ham for the meat part. and i've learned how to make a passable bica.

i can't wait to return, (I think i'll go look at flight prices again right now!) i've even taken some portuguese lessons, though, eu somente falo um pequeno portuguese. um pequeno.

ciao!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blasfemme

Yes,I am a living plushie like Ragamuffin.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007 01:22:12 PM »

I love the french spreadable cheese as well, cannot imagine it not existing in America! Which town do you live in, by the way?
I love corn bread, it's one of my favorite things to eat.
Yeah we do wear mostly jeans most of the time all year round lol cannot say why, but we do.
I'm glad you liked Portugal Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all live in the gutters, but some of us are looking up at the stars" Oscar Wilde
caitlinagogo
third generation project starter.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007 02:44:02 PM »

I wish you had ask for some yarn shops Smiley

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I'd like to know where the nice yarn shops are in Lisbon.   I'll be going there in two weeks with my Portuguese husband and his grandmother.  I can not wait to get there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cassandra Clare Talks About Clockwork Angel Part 2
Meet Author Jeannette Walls
Indu Sundaresan Talks About Shadow Princess
David McCullough Reveals His Favorite Movies
Dr. Craig Martin Talks About Elemental Love Styles
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...