A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,945
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The odyssey –100 pieces to make…  (Read 2696 times)
Tags for this thread: pendant , ring  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sabrinalouisemiller

ATCs are an Obsession.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010 10:04:17 AM »

Your style is beautiful!
I used to sell my things at markets. and here is the helpful advice that I have. You can ignore any of it if you want to. Smiley
When doing vendor work I always found it best to smile at people! This lets you gauge whether you should talk to them or just let them look at your work.
Have a few different colours of the same style of pendant. People like choice. Also, if you cannot fit everything onto your display space you can have your items organized in shoe boxes or baggies behind/ underneath your table. That way when someone is looking at a necklace you can offer other colours to them efficiently.
The advice that has been given to you already about having a range of prices is so important! If you have the ability to make little $5-10 items then customers can buy those if they really cannot spend the $25-50 for the pendant that they really like. I bought some porcelain buttons that I LOVE at Portabello fair in Vancouver because I couldn't afford the more expensive items, and I'm so glad that I did!
Good luck, and have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010 11:23:50 AM »

My eye was caught by the luscious stones, and I stayed to read the comments... Your jewelry is scrumptious- you're going to do great!

If you can do anything while you're waiting for customers, you might want to have your raw materials to work on while you're not busy (not to the extent that you would ignore customers, of course)...

I'm just wondering if you had the raw materials there, if buyers would feel free to make custom orders if they saw the parts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010 02:26:26 PM »

I think you'll do very well. I really love your style!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010 03:23:56 PM »

I've sold at various events/fairs too and all the advice everyone is giving seems on point. I'm shy too so like sabrinalouisemiller said smiling is an amazing thing, most of the time when I smile at people they'll strike up a conversation with me.

Most things my group sells and what I've heard from others is that $5-$20 range is what most people will purchase, so you could make a lot of those kinds of pieces. The company I volunteered for drops the prices of items a little for fairs because they usually sell a lot more in those few days than they do normally in their shop.

I actually thought that first piece was a brooch from the thumbnail and I'll tell you one thing, sexy suit ladies, older ladies, scarf wearing, flashy, big personality ladies LOVE brooches and they will pay a lot for the types of beautiful unique pieces you make. At my other retail job they pay a lot for the commercial junk brooches that we sell  Roll Eyes

Good luck! I know you'll do well, you'll probably sell out. I wish I could come to ooh and ahh over everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
javamama
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010 07:26:44 PM »

Gorgeous jewelry! I wish I was closer to your show!

I do craft shows with sewn products, so a little different situation, but I've found that if I offer a 'set' that is a little more than my average sale, but a deal because they get more merchandise that people will often add 30% or so to their total. This could be something that is easy for you to make, but adds value to their purchase when it is offered together.

Also, packaging is so important- doesn't have to be expensive, but something to make them feel special about walking around with your item and taking it home. Especially if other shoppers can pick your bag out from other people's bags as your customers are walking around. I get a lot of mileage out of that ribbon yarn that has been so popular lately. Reasonably priced, but adds pizazz to a plain bag. Good luck! I bet those 100 pieces will be gone long before the end of the show!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reclaimed horizons
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010 07:42:06 PM »

your pieces are always so beautiful...I love the turquoise one especially!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010 07:37:49 AM »

Even before seeing these pieces, I'd had some of your earrings in my favorites. I really like your style, and your prices are so good. I'll have to point you out to my family.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010 07:56:44 AM »

They're all pretty. I like the first one best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pathfinder Book Trailer
Lisa Jones Reads from Broken
Meet Author Suzy Welch
Patti Stanger Talks About Become Your Own Matchmaker
Douglas Kennedy Reveals What Readers Think About Him
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...