A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures required for feedback?  (Read 10868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2010 12:35:21 AM »

I don't get it... It's very easy to go back an change the feedback text to "did not post pictures" after a positive is given if it turns out an early sender doesn't post pictures after receiving. (I've added comments like that when someone sent early and then dropped out of communication completely, not even telling their partner that they had got the package)

Holding feedback hostage in order to get a complete gallery seems wrong.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010 12:36:30 AM by Annchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010 12:00:34 PM »

I don't get it... It's very easy to go back an change the feedback text to "did not post pictures" after a positive is given if it turns out an early sender doesn't post pictures after receiving. (I've added comments like that when someone sent early and then dropped out of communication completely, not even telling their partner that they had got the package)

I agree. This is part of the reason why we made the two week rule, where two weeks after send outs, everyone whose partner received should have positive feedback. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010 12:02:58 PM by rackycoo - Reason: added info » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010 07:07:49 AM »

Maybe the organizers just need to send ransom notes ? Cheesy

It was really annoying when my feedback was held up once because my partner didn't post pics of the package I sent (even though the DC and the partner both said the package were recd). I didn't push it because I didn't need the swap slot but I didn't like seeing "in progress" even though I was done with everything I could do.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010 07:10:22 AM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010 07:56:28 AM »

Have the Moderators ever considered hosting a live recorded organizer training session that could be accessed in the future as a playback?  It could then be mandatory for anyone who wanted to be an organizer to listen to the replay so they know what their responsibilities are, and should eliminate some of the 'these are my own rules' issues. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010 09:30:24 AM »

That's hilarious, ThreadOrYarn!  Cheesy

Have the Moderators ever considered hosting a live recorded organizer training session that could be accessed in the future as a playback?  It could then be mandatory for anyone who wanted to be an organizer to listen to the replay so they know what their responsibilities are, and should eliminate some of the 'these are my own rules' issues. 

That's an interesting idea. Maybe we could get our resident star of film and screen, kittykill, to host.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010 08:07:46 PM »

I usually say that I require pictures in order to get feedback, but I also always work with my swappers in the event that they need feedback to get into another swap.  I am a big fan of the "right to change feedback" when people don't post.  It's more that I want them to PM me to ask, so we can have that interaction where I remind them how important pictures are, and tell them I expect them to live up to that part of the swap.  Then I give them feedback on the condition that it can be changed.

And as a side note, I'm also hella-fast with giving feedback in general.  I usually do it as soon as I know they are eligible for feedback, whatever time of day it is, rather than waiting and doing a bunch at once.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010 11:23:54 AM »

I will also look to see what my partner has received so that i wont duplicate it. This is handy in multiple round themed swaps like Harry Potter.

I have definitely used galleries like this! I've had partners that have been in many swaps of the same theme, and it's important to me to know that I won't be sending them the same thing that they got last time. Also, not everyone deletes items from their wists after receiving them, so it's always good to see what they've received in the past.

I think the rule of not mentioning quality is a good one because it is subjective...usually the receiver can let people know about that by just posting a pic...or making a very short comment like..."I received my package"...wouldn't you be mortified if you got one of those? Cheesy  I would be asking a lot of questions and apologizing and wondering how I could improve, etc. Ouch!

I've been on the receiving end of that, and it does really sting! Sometimes I'm sure I have misjudged my partner's tastes and sent something I thought they would love but they're actually like "meh." But even if you don't like what you received, it's just impolite not to say "thank you" at the very least, especially when it's obvious that some serious time/care/thought went into the craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
NinetyNinety
Don't worry, I work for the government; I'm here to help

Juanita the Explorer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2010 05:58:58 AM »

Posting photos is SO important (to me, at least--and I think I'm not the only one).  One of my partners didn't post until about 6 weeks after she received, and it really bummed me out!  I was really proud of what I had made for her and wanted to see a picture in the gallery amongst the other lovely items.  It just made me feel like my partner didn't even care at all to take 5 minutes to post the photos, and kinda soured me to the swap process. 

And unfortunately, I am going through the same thing again.  I got excited and sent way early to 5 people, and only 3 have posted (been about 10 days).  What's up with that?

yes, I realize people get busy.  I've got a full-time job and other commitments as well.  But part of agreeing to be in a swap is agreeing to post the photos.  If you can't do that---don't join the swap!  If the original poster could have posted a few sentences on the board---they probably could have posted photos in that time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2010 02:28:23 AM »

Sadly, everyone is not going to post pics. If someone doesn't post pics, I send them a pm and ask if they are busy and would like me to post my own pics. That either reminds them to post pics or they say they've been busy/lost camera/etc and say it would be great if I posted. If they don't respond I post pics anyways. If you forget to take your own pics that's your bad and you'll probably remember next time. In any case there's no sense in dwelling on it and getting upset, there's a plethora of reasons why someone might not post pics, but ultimately it's not such a big deal.

And, once again, it is not a requirement for feedback to post pics. I can't believe so many organizers and participants don't understand that. You send the required items, your partner receives, you get positive feedback.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010 02:30:18 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2010 03:34:17 AM »

And, once again, it is not a requirement for feedback to post pics. I can't believe so many organizers and participants don't understand that. You send the required items, your partner receives, you get positive feedback.

If the Swap Info Guide could be updated to clarify this, I think it would help. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Slip Knot Part 2/2
How to Make a Triple Crochet Stitch
How to Make a Double Crochet Stitch
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 5/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 4/12
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...