A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures required for feedback?  (Read 10140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010 09:48:37 AM »

babalina, everyone in your swap should have feedback within two weeks after the sendout date, unless they have sent international and the package is in transit. I think it's fine to refuse to give someone their feedback early if they haven't posted photos; just make sure that you DO enter everyone's feedback before that two week after sendout deadline.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010 10:06:37 AM »

babalina, everyone in your swap should have feedback within two weeks after the sendout date, unless they have sent international and the package is in transit. I think it's fine to refuse to give someone their feedback early if they haven't posted photos; just make sure that you DO enter everyone's feedback before that two week after sendout deadline.  Smiley

I understand all that but I got a PM about the message I had posted about holding back on giving feedback until the swap was over completely or pics are posted and was told I cant do that...

JUST ME but I think that the rules should be changed from giving feedback in a Reasonable time ( I guess my time is different then others  time and  is diff then the guy down the street meaning of reasonable time ( to me it gives too much room for interpretations ) to a strict time like the part about must be done Pos or Neg by 2 weeks after...

I know all feedback must be done in 2 weeks but the overseas but it is the part that I think we are all a bit  Huh about is after someone has shipped, received what is REASONABLE time...and it does not say if we have to give by X day after received....

I normally give ASAP and can go back later but just think for all later down the road if it was in Black and white then there is not wiggle room  for "reasonable time" Wink
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010 10:22:40 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010 10:38:43 AM »

It seems pretty cut and dried to me. Everyone should have feedback within two weeks after the sendout date, UNLESS they shipped on time and the package has not yet arrived. If they are sending overseas and the package arrives after that initial "two weeks after send date" deadline, you should give them feedback immediately.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010 10:46:37 AM »

babalina, everyone in your swap should have feedback within two weeks after the sendout date, unless they have sent international and the package is in transit. I think it's fine to refuse to give someone their feedback early if they haven't posted photos; just make sure that you DO enter everyone's feedback before that two week after sendout deadline.  Smiley

Have I mentioned lately how much I adore the two-week guideline?  I do love it; it gives me the opportunity to say "This is the rule we must follow." and no worries of swaps lasting too long for organizers.  I have noticed my swaps running much smoother. Grin Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010 11:34:15 AM »

Have I mentioned lately how much I adore the two-week guideline?  I do love it; it gives me the opportunity to say "This is the rule we must follow." and no worries of swaps lasting too long for organizers.  I have noticed my swaps running much smoother. Grin Kiss

I second that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010 11:59:41 AM »

I'm glad that's working for everyone. I do think it's nice to have a standard so everyone knows up front what's expected. 

It also helps the swap mods know who to contact if and when a swap's feedback is overdue. I really think this helps prevent people who did not receive from being forgotten, and assures that the organizers get them an angel. We used to have problems sometimes with organizers forgetting to tie up those last few loose swap ends. Now, we have a system so that if your swap is over two weeks old and there is still in progress feedback for some of the swappers, you can expect a pm reminder from your friendly neighborhood swap mod, asking you for a swap update and offering assistance and advice.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
babalina58

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010 12:22:16 PM »

Love our Mods...and Rackycoo thanks Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010 07:26:47 PM »

If you are too busy to post pics of the stuff that your partner worked so hard to make you, then maybe you should consider not swapping until things slow down a bit...everyone is busy and some of us have crappy picture taking skills or cameras, but I think posting pics let's people know what type of partner you had and also if your partner liked what he or she got...nothing is more frustrating to me in a swap than to not hear if my partner got the package (did it get lost? stolen? did she hate it all?) or if pics are not posted--if sort of feels weird to post my own pics...and even if you post pics for your partner, that partner should make comments about the stuff she got...swapping is not just about getting and receiving stuff...it is about validating the experience and expressing joy that someone made awesome stuff for you and vice-versa!

It only takes a couple of secs to at least send a PM stating that you received and will post when you can...such a small gesture makes such a big difference--it gives your partner a chance to ask if she can help by posting pics for you...no communication is just plain hurtful and rude

I can totally relate to those feelings..when I sent a fab-o swap package..and I MEAN fab-o..then I HEAR nuthin'..just crickets..makes me sad Sad

I am personally flaky when it comes to chatting on swap threads or sometimes even to partners..but I at least post photos..not all items though-some are hijacked by my kids Smiley but I TRY to get to the camera before the kids claim my goodies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010 07:39:34 AM »

I love that each organizer can set some rules of the swap and yet still fall into the general guidelines set forth by the awesome and hardworking Craftster swap team (hee hee--that would be a great t-shirt)...

When I see certain organizers, I want to be in their swap because I know it will be fun and that things like posting pics and posting a weekly check-in will be followed!  I like the more "active" swaps where everyone enjoys each others' goodies and pics!  A social swap, I guess, but still on topic Wink...

I hate swaps where participants only comment on their own stuff and then are out of there for the rest of the swap--I call those hit-and run swappers...too busy to stick it out to the end of the swap...

I think the rule of not mentioning quality is a good one because it is subjective...usually the receiver can let people know about that by just posting a pic...or making a very short comment like..."I received my package"...wouldn't you be mortified if you got one of those? Cheesy  I would be asking a lot of questions and apologizing and wondering how I could improve, etc. Ouch!

You know, it seems that everyone commenting here cares about what they make but the ones who don't, aren't even involved in the discussion groups...it would be something to see the point of view of a "terrible" swapper, but I doubt they would even care to comment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
babalina58

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010 08:24:19 AM »

Alwaysinmyroom  Grin Grin Well said...All the talking in the world here is not going to change the issue as we all are very passionate and caring crafters and want everyone to have a great experience and enjoy crafts that are made for us and what we make for others for years to come. The ones that this thread is started over totally are not going to post but hope one will read and change her or his way and start posting pics  Grin

Also I got comformation it went back and forth via PM's and was told it is NOT unreasonable to hold off on feedback until the end of the swap if pics are not posted  Grin Grin Grin BUT everyone as we all know must have feedback one way or the other at the 2 week mark  Wink

My issue was that some don't take pics sent on time or early but want feedback ASAP so they can get in a diff swap or whatever but as per rules it stated that ( Thread MUST POST PICS) Site RULES--Must be given  in Reasonable time( but all by the 2 week mark) and that is subject as I think reasonable it at the end if they still have not followed rules then post the pos feedback but list it in the feedback and keep a mental not for myself as that is just the way I am to keep tabs on things that were a bit off or whatever Wink

I am thrilled that we all care enough to support a thread for months LOL all in support of each other and our love for crafting and seeing what each other has made and the just what we feel is a common respect for each other and rules  and ROTFL to hit that wists button IMO .....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 2/3
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 1/3
How to Draw Dolphin Energy
How Ross Bleckner Addresses Aids In His Art
Ross Bleckner on His Own Mortality
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...