A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures required for feedback?  (Read 9941 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

akredhead
« on: February 24, 2010 01:47:11 PM »

I was just told that I need to post pictures in the gallery to get feedback.

I am very busy...and I do intend to post pictures...but I may not get to do it right away.

Huh

-Chelsea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010 04:58:13 PM »

I think because there are too many that never post pictures.  I don't know your situation to speak on that, I'm just saying in general and there are more and more organizers requiring pictures to be posted for feedback.  I think there has been some debate on the subject previously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

akredhead
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010 05:28:40 PM »

I got clarification from the organizer. I think the way she structured her sentences lead to my confusion.

I want to post pictures but when you work 50 hours a week...it's not always something that can happen right away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010 07:46:17 AM »

According to the swap rules, two weeks after the send date, if your package has been received, your organizer should give you positive feedback whether or not you have posted photos. However, they are free to put comments in your feedback to the effect that you did not post photos.

I know it's sometimes difficult to post photos in a timely manner, but it is an important part of the swap process, so I hope that everyone does post as soon as is possible for them.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
VJP
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

I Love Someone With Autism

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010 06:47:37 AM »

I'm curious...what is the purpose of requiring photos? If someone says they received and it met swap requirements, why are photos necessary? I know some people who don't currently have a camera and this would preclude them from swapping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Craft a Day keeps old age at bay.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010 06:58:24 AM »

Part of the fun of swapping is viewing the gallery and ooo-ing and ah-ing over what everyone made. For this reason, we request that everyone post photos.

In the cases where someone is unable to post photos, they should inform their organizer and their partner at the beginning of the swap so that the partner can take photos and post them once the package is received.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
calluna
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010 11:56:41 AM »

another issue is swaps where the item is sent in a thin envelope and can't be tracked with Delivery Confirmation etc -- the photo is the only real proof to the other people that the crafting was done. usually it's no big deal if it takes several days to get the pics posted, just as long as you let the organizer and your swap partner know that that's the case. communication is the main thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010 08:16:26 PM »

I require pics, but not for feedback. I let my swappers know that as long as their partner says they recieved they get their positive feedback, but I can always go back and edit comments if people don't post pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010 03:20:57 PM »

I too am also busy so I can relate.  I'm finally graduating and am catching up on posting pictures from previous swaps.  I always feel bad when a swapper can't show their work after putting so much time into things.  Not only can people oooh and aaah over them, but I'm sure everyone probably gets a little bit happy to see their work being displayed and appreciated.  It also gives other craftsters ideas for future projects.  I am guilty of not posting pictures, but I'm changing.  Today I've caught up on posting pics of the last swap I did.  Now I only have pics to post of a few others.  It's hard to find the time, yes, but it is part of the process.  I completely understand and relate though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.c om
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010 06:10:36 AM »

Another important point on pictures is this:  Posting pictures lets your partner know you appreciated their gift, their thought, and their time.  Not posting is kinda like a slap in the face to a partner that worked hard on something for you, and has probably already posted pictures of YOUR gift.  If pictures aren't posted you wonder if your partner hated their gift, or if you got their tastes wrong.  It can really hurt to have someone not bother to post pictures.

Also, speaking as a frequent organizer & co-organizer, I wish to see the items received in order to give the most honest feedback that I can.  Let's say you do a swap that requires a small, a medium, and a large.  You make a great set of magnets, an awesome bracelet, and knit a cool scarf, then add in some candy or a fun extra you found for them, and write a card saying you had a great time crafting for them.  Now let's say that your partner sends you a stained tee shirt from goodwill, a broken necklace, and a half eaten candy bar.  No note, no explanation.  Sadly that person would have to receive "positive" feedback for sending a package.  Wouldn't you prefer that your organizer SEES that, so she can make a note in your partner's "positive" feedback, warning other swappers of the poor quality of the package, rather than just saying "awesome swapper" and inflicting them on some other un-suspecting organizers & swappers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Birthday Cake Ideas for Boys
Tips for Preventing Pudding from Forming a Skin
Should Cookie Dough Be Chilled Before Baking?
What Happens if You Decrease the Sugar Called for in Baked Goods?
What is Almond Bark?
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...