A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures required for feedback?  (Read 10177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2011 05:13:47 PM »

I don't think Craftster is planning to require pics, at least, not from what I see in the FAQs, but some organizers do add that requirement. (I'm not talking about swaps where pics are needed before sending out packages, there's a few like that)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2011 06:15:02 PM »

I've been following this thread and I just have to put in my two cents.  I have all the technology that one would need in order to take and post photos.  However, no matter who or how many people try to teach me how to post photos to Craftster, NO ONE IN THE FAMILY (including my technology advanced 17 y.o. son) is able to figure it out!  After many seriously frustrating and anxiety provoking hours (yes, hours) trying to upload and post photos, I have come to the conclusion that if I want to participate in Craftster, I need to ask my partner to take and post photos.  So far, after almost two years (?) on Craftster, I have NEVER had a partner complain about posting photos.

I have also been a very active member, as far as participating in many swaps, angeling several times, offering advice/help when needed, and organizing/co-org several swaps.

I think that if Craftster were to limit people that wanted to participate in swaps to people who could post photos, you would lose many great people.  Just my opinion.

to post pics in craftster you must shrink your own pic...load your pic in to your puter, then edit and shrink size must be under 2,000 so I normally shrink down to number 54 and that works for me Smiley took me a while but must shrink before you load and it will be a total V-8 moment...

No, Craftster will not be requiring Pic...I it is the great debate however on swapping..Most people post pics and have no issue about it..the issue here is should you have to post pics for feedback and that is NO but if it is a requirement to the swap it is not unreasonable for the org to hold off on posting feedback until the 2 week mark as they have not competed the swap as per the rules and then post in feedback...

It is a big deal to a more swappers then not a big deal really...who does not want to post pics and say thanks it beyond me but it is an ever day thing around here..then there are the ones that grip and complain to do it I think because they are board still and should swap more LOL but really it is not and not ever I would think going to be a craftster requirement but I WOULD LOVE IT if it was Smiley totally! but that is me...I need to see what everyone got so I have stuff to put in my pintrest LOL

Funny how some swaps it is a must and not an issue like the swap the shops but it is somewhat an issue for others I do totally get all sides but I stay with the No pics no play ...if we have both take a pic on both ends it is not ever an issue if someone has a camera or computer issue..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2011 07:01:44 PM »

who does not want to post pics

I can think of a bunch of reasons to not want to post pics but I'm guessing this isn't a real question   Cheesy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2011 07:45:26 PM »

I don't think Craftster is planning to require pics, at least, not from what I see in the FAQs, but some organizers do add that requirement. (I'm not talking about swaps where pics are needed before sending out packages, there's a few like that)

In the latest swap I organized there was a question that asked if they had a camera or scanner.  They could either answer "Yes" or "will my partner take pics for me".  I wouldn't exclude someone for not being able to post pictures, but I would ask that they let their partner know beforehand.
Personally, I take pics of everything before I send just to document what I sent and have it as a reference.  I also save the files from photos that people post.  I enjoy the "action shots".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2011 04:10:18 AM »

Quote from: irid3sc3nt

In the latest swap I organized there was a question that asked if they had a camera or scanner.  They could either answer "Yes" or "will my partner take pics for me".  I wouldn't exclude someone for not being able to post pictures, but I would ask that they let their partner know beforehand.

That makes sense, I think a lot/most swaps have that kind of question. Babalina's post sounds like her swaps are a little stricter (? not sure that's the right word) and someone who can't post pics can't join. And I don't think her swaps are the kind that need pics before sending for the swaps to work.

Quote from: annchen
Too many rules and demands make it seem like work and not fun Life's too short so I've started to shy away from swaps that seem to have too many rules and demands without good reason.

Even if I could easily follow all those rules, and would normally do that without being asked. Yes, I'm that obstinate.

me too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2011 05:39:57 AM »

Not my swap...I inhearated it and it is a great swap w/o a lot of issues seams like a lot of rules but it is very ver simple..There are always pleanty of swaps out there however but not any of this was the reason this thread was started  Undecided....

It is all good in swap land and you have to remember that most swaps have something about pics, it is the backbone of swaps who wants to swap with out showing what you receive so that others might enjoy with you...Also, flip side with an issue like not sending correct amount etc the pics can help with that and in out swap have long ago one send a small item and OWS are Min a MED sooooo we had the photos to confirm what receivers were saying, also we have right now where a sender shipped, and the post was misdelivered and so so sad but the crafter was able to post pics and we were able to be sad too but able to pin/wist items off that pic Smiley

I would hate to think people are shying away from swaps over not wanting to post a pic of what they received that is just sad to me...but I have no prob as do others sending a little older dig camera to someone that needs one for pics of swaps really I have done this...I also stated that it is a case by case..there are a few that have been great swappers, and still swap with us that have camera issues and one we sent one to so not issue and the other it is a computer issue so not that we are again evil cold anti tech witches we just need everyone in the swap to be happy at least the masses and Pics are a MAJOR part of swapping really...

but again not any of this is relevant as to why the swap thread was created Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2011 06:55:05 AM »

I think you read me wrong if that was aimed at me. It's hard to tell sometimes. I don't stay away from swapping because I don't want to post pictures. Some might, if the "YOU MUST POST PICTURES!!!" crowd gets too loud. (And that would be sad)

What  turns me off is when there are pages upon pages of arbitrary rules... (And holding feedback hostage until pictures are posted could be once of those rules.) Thing is, I might already do A, B and C when I swap, but I don't like it when someone tells me I HAVE to do A, B and C... OR ELSE!!! I guess it depends on how it's written and if I can see the relevance for that particular rule in the swap in question. I guess I just don't like being told how to do something. Others might like it, I don't.

So I try to post pictures as fast as I can since I know it's nice to see it in the gallery, and if I know it'll take some time I'll ask my partner to post if they can. If they don't post pictures of what I sent I post the pictures I've got. No biggie, and I don't want the organiser to have to bug people about pictures. They've got enough issues to deal with!

I think the feedback section is excellent if you feel pictures are important and that a particular swapper didn't follow through. Just edit in "didn't post pictures" or something like that later. There is no reason not to give feedback if the only issue is that there are no pictures yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babalina58

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2011 08:20:35 PM »

Nope not at you or anyone just in general.... I dont hold feedback often as most always post pics as they are tickled or so use to posting them that it is not an issue..If someone is in a 5 and needs feedback to join another asap and they have not posted yet  it is always given and then we do just that go back in and alter feedback...

I am with you on the computer thing...sometimes you cant tell if someone is mad, happy, or just out of their mind face to face is sooo much better but here not able with all of us but really I am so laid back it is stupid LOL if you knew me you would laugh really..We have rules sure but are prob. the most laid back of all swaps orgs out there...Really it is a rule that is used if needed for whatever reason but really that is just that there is needed but never really needed as people are tickled to post for the most part...and yep we are all guilty of forgetting to take them before we ship..Shoot I did it a few weeks ago so we pray that the other side will do it and I have myself had the camera issue everyone does from time to time have them sure do but most swappers are totally not ever offended by the pics thing...

it takes all kinds here and I for one love pics, I can say that most do that is for sure if we did not have them we would be so sad here and bet there would not be all the fun swaps over and over through the years...Can you imagine for a sec the Hoopla swaps w/o pic's we would all be like Huh..now we have hundreds of Pins of hoops and omg hoopla walls like my granny had some people are really visual people I am one of them Smiley

funny thought could you see this site in Skype type rooms ROTFL..

I am going to jump off this topic as it is what it is and we all know that you dont have to post pics to get feedback, you can hold off a bit but not if needed to post feedback and it is a sore subject with a lot on both sides of it...

have a great night all and hope for clear weather for the east coast and Rain rain rain for the midwest and the west well you need a bit of rain too I guess Smiley Night all and see you in swap land Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2011 09:26:24 AM »

babalina - sorry, but I can't tell if you're expecting an answer from me? I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you but at the same time I don't want to 'beat a dead horse'  if we're just using different words to say the same thing Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2011 06:39:28 PM »

You're right, as of now, the Moderators are not considering requiring pictures for feedback.  We all know that sometimes real life gets in the way of doing those things. Smiley

Sometimes I take pictures and just keep forgetting to upload them.  I do get it done for every swap, but sometimes it takes me a little bit of time. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Sharpen the Focus
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use Adjustment Layers
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Fix Details with the Clone Stamp Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Correct Colors
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Move Selection from One Image into Another
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...