A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures required for feedback?  (Read 10180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2011 03:30:16 PM »

Your best bet is to always take your own pictures of what you send out for swaps. Don't you want them for your records, anyway? If your partner can't take good photos, or can't take photos of all, or (God forbid!) flakes entirely, you'll still have photos to post.  Smiley

I completely agree. It is just rude to blow off people who have sent a pacakge to you but sometimes it does happen ( my other camera was dropped into a jungle juice trash can so had to get a new one as I forgot my Iphone has a camera LOl but needed one anyway) but Most people here all keep good track of pic and always take their own or at least should. Most swap Orgs I talk to and that is a lot we all agree and put this in the ques BUT it is in the rules to some swaps too.

We give in the OWS 5 days to post pics and then it is up to the sender ( and they both agree to this when they send ques in) so not an issue really and we do not leave feedback until the swap is over completely and 2 weeks if they dont post pics and I will put in feedback so everyone is covered. Never have issues as it is crystal clear and that is again where common sense comes in to play take pics of all your crafts and hey for fun put them all in your album here so that you have them..easy peasy so that your feedback is not held up...You have 2 weeks AFTER the swap ends to have feedback given for all swappers and most will sure jump to it to prevent the delay Wink

Anyone that has issues with this rule in OWS ( there have been a couple over the past year an a half I have org every month so I get all info from everyone) and I have said " I am sorry you feel this way, however, you will not be permitted in to swap with this swap if it is an issue as it is an important rule we follow......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
babalina58

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2011 03:34:23 PM »

Oh to add to this...If someone cant take pics because they dont have a camera well....they can sit out a swap or 2 and take that money they would spend in supplies or shipping and go to a 2nd had shop and get a dig camera for next to nothing and really take a pic and post it it is not asking a lot it is just a simple respect thing back to the same respect we well most were taught as children....Sending that thank you note..is it just the modern version of sending a thank you note...as we post pics and say thanks all in one whack  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2011 05:42:03 PM »

Oh to add to this...If someone cant take pics because they dont have a camera well....they can sit out a swap or 2 and take that money they would spend in supplies or shipping and go to a 2nd had shop and get a dig camera

According to the Swap FAQ, posting pics isn't a swap requirement, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229624.msg4309076#msg4309076  so if someone doesn't want to buy a camera just for swapping, they shouldn't  have to. I know some swaps need pics to work like the Sweat Shoppe Swap or the Shop my Swap (swap my shop? the one where you post pics of what you're sending (the 'shop') and people pick from the shop), but most swaps just use pics in the gallery after crafting/sending.

Plus if someone doesn't have a computer at home and uses a library or other public computer, they may not be able to download pics anyway (I know when I had PC trouble and had to use the ones at the library, I had no way of downloading from my cheapie camera to the library's computer because I couldn't load the camera's software to their computer.)

Sending that thank you note..is it just the modern version of sending a thank you note...as we post pics and say thanks all in one whack 

personal preference I guess, but I'd rather get a thank you PM without a pic in the gallery (because I know what I sent Smiley ) instead of the other way around, especially when the gallery pic just says "here's what I got." That's not a thank you, that's taking inventory.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2011 05:54:21 PM »

personal preference I guess, but I'd rather get a thank you PM without a pic in the gallery (because I know what I sent Smiley ) instead of the other way around, especially when the gallery pic just says "here's what I got." That's not a thank you, that's taking inventory.  Smiley

I agree, if someone just posts a quick pic in the gallery but never even bothered to pm me that they received, I am a bit peeved.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011 05:54:42 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
babalina58

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2011 07:56:28 PM »

I was not trying to say that you should not say in a PM thank you etc ( it shocks me still that some people are so damn tacky an rude that they think it is OK to not post pics, not send a thank you, and just fade into the sunset)... but it is the modern way at least the craftster swap way of saying hey Ladies and gentleman look what I got dont you love it ?? More of a formal Thank you even if it is not something you like want need or care about just the way it is and in most swaps the way it will be as a swap requirement to join  NOT a feedback requirement..

As an org I got irked when I get an inbox full of Pms saying can you send a PM to get so and so to post pics I am so proud of....so we got together and gave a 5 day from receiving and both sides need to take pics and they BOTH agree to it before being allowed in the swap...Now, things happen I totally get that really but that is why we have in our swap both parties take pics and Smiley we rarely have an issue with pics not getting posted  Grin

I also can tell you it is a case by case thing too with some people that have a history of being a great swapper but are having camera issues we dont always say NO YOU CANT PLAY WITH US we are not mean girls  Cry but do if asked before hand let someone in and make sure to ask them to get their partner to take pics before hand so that we can make sure pics are posted.... but to keep coming back month after month they will need to get the camera working or fixed whatever...some will even put one in the wish LOL there has been a few girls I have sent cheepie cameras that work great for swaps   Smiley

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011 08:03:10 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2011 08:29:41 PM »

I also can tell you it is a case by case thing too with some people that have a history of being a great swapper but are having camera issues we dont always say NO YOU CANT PLAY WITH US we are not mean girls  Cry but do if asked before hand let someone in and make sure to ask them to get their partner to take pics before hand so that we can make sure pics are posted.... but to keep coming back month after month they will need to get the camera working or fixed whatever...some will even put one in the wish LOL there has been a few girls I have sent cheepie cameras that work great for swaps   Smiley

different strokes for different folks I guess. To me, as long as one partner is willing/able to post pics of the package, I don't understand why a camera-less swapper is/might be/could be a problem (disclaimer: I haven't org'd so I'm looking at this only as a swapper) and I really don't get why she might be refused to join a swap where pics are posted after (as opposed to swaps that are set up like a Sweat Shoppe swap where you have to show what you're sending before partners are assigned/claimed). Gallery pics aren't the main part of a swap to me, but I do get pics up as soon as I can because it's part of swapping. I'm not much of a pictures-person so I guess it's just one of those things I just don't understand.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011 08:30:10 PM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2011 02:12:09 PM »

different strokes for different folks I guess. To me, as long as one partner is willing/able to post pics of the package, I don't understand why a camera-less swapper is/might be/could be a problem (disclaimer: I haven't org'd so I'm looking at this only as a swapper) and I really don't get why she might be refused to join a swap where pics are posted after (as opposed to swaps that are set up like a Sweat Shoppe swap where you have to show what you're sending before partners are assigned/claimed). Gallery pics aren't the main part of a swap to me, but I do get pics up as soon as I can because it's part of swapping. I'm not much of a pictures-person so I guess it's just one of those things I just don't understand.

I like to see what everyone sent in the gallery and use that for inspiration (or to put in my Pinterest).  Plus, it is a good venue to ask how someone did a technique or where they purchased some fabulous paper, etc. etc.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011 02:12:42 PM by irid3sc3nt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2011 03:09:17 PM »

I agree the galleries are wonderful resources, but IMO they're not the reason to have a swap. (I bet if there was a poll asking swappers why they swap, 'creating a gallery' isn't one of the top 10!  Cheesy  Cheesy ) I was just wondering why a swapper who couldn't post pics, especially if a partner is willing to, wouldn't be able to join a swap where pics are posted after the packages are received. Just curious that's all. (I don't mean swaps like the Sweat Shoppe Swap or the Secret Santa swap where pics are needed before sending for the swap to work. )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2011 03:18:45 PM »

I don't think I'd join a swap that excludes people without access to a camera... Sure, *I've* got a camera but I think it's a bit much to demand that everyone gets one (unless it's a photo swap I suppose). Some might not even want one, or might need that money for other things. Too many rules and demands make it seem like work and not fun Tongue Life's too short so I've started to shy away from swaps that seem to have too many rules and demands without good reason.

Even if I could easily follow all those rules, and would normally do that without being asked. Yes, I'm that obstinate. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2011 03:38:36 PM »

I've been following this thread and I just have to put in my two cents.  I have all the technology that one would need in order to take and post photos.  However, no matter who or how many people try to teach me how to post photos to Craftster, NO ONE IN THE FAMILY (including my technology advanced 17 y.o. son) is able to figure it out!  After many seriously frustrating and anxiety provoking hours (yes, hours) trying to upload and post photos, I have come to the conclusion that if I want to participate in Craftster, I need to ask my partner to take and post photos.  So far, after almost two years (?) on Craftster, I have NEVER had a partner complain about posting photos.

I have also been a very active member, as far as participating in many swaps, angeling several times, offering advice/help when needed, and organizing/co-org several swaps.

I think that if Craftster were to limit people that wanted to participate in swaps to people who could post photos, you would lose many great people.  Just my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Summer Skin Care Products
Summer Makeup Palette Reviews
Smooth Out Your Cellulite With Items from the Kitchen
Ask Essie: What Nail Color to Wear Right Now
How to Get Beachy Waves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...