A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
369 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Princess Bride Round 2 Gallery  (Read 21757 times)
Tags for this thread: princess_bride  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

McJulie-O
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010 05:11:11 PM »

This is the swap that got away from me... Love the teasers, can''t wait for the real things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SapphireGypsy
If it's Nerdy, I'll make it.

Don't make me use my wand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010 05:35:22 PM »

That bracelet is incredible. I'm so jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CoutureCreations

So many crafts, so little time!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010 11:43:33 AM »

Hear that sound Princess? That is the sound of the shrieking eels.
No it's not! It is ME!  Shrieking in delight at the wonderful, delightful, magnificent crafty goodness that Thisburdsabsurd made for ME!  Grin

And I just know that you will all try to determine where I live so that you can kidnap what I have rightfully stolen - but you can't! Cause it is just for me.  We've already had the ceremony and everything:
"Cwafting.  Cwafting is wot bwings us twogeva twoday. I will Tweasure my cwafts!!!"  
I'll skip to the end now...
here are the pictures.
This was what greeted me when I opened the package! This and some sweets for my kiddos - which they loved! And ate so quickly I didn't get a picture!  But Thisbird drew that! She's GOOD!
This is a mug hugger. Or an insulating sleeve for those hot cups of coffee. It says, "I'm not a witch I'm your wife!" Which cracks me up! I don't know how she got the words to fabric - she is awsomer than I.
This is a replica of the goblet of wine/iocane powder with the warning to not touch! It is also a pin cushion - since I sew. (I LOVE this!)
And this is a baby ROUS. The babies are born ferocious (and grey!) And he is a weight that holds the bag for me to put scraps and snips of thread in so they won't wind up all over my house. He is SO adorable. She trimmed his hair around his face to make it even more realistic - and he is just...inconceivable!!!
This is the bag (which is detachable so I can empty it!) which catches the thread etc. And it is the fire swamp! Isn't she amazing?!!! This package is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe...

Another cool thing - tho silly and small I admit...is the tail on the adorable ROUS...it is so soft and touchable!  He really is such a cutie!  Thank you so much Thisbird!  You definitely hit the mark!  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010 11:48:27 AM by CoutureCreations » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Some_Girl
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library. ~ Frank Zappa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010 12:24:08 PM »

Love the mug wrap, and the teeth on the little R.O.U.S. great work Thisbirdabsurd!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010 12:33:01 PM »

Shocked I would try to kidnap what you've rightfully stolen, but I have my last item to finish, packaging and postage to arrange, my package to mail and Guilder to blame for it not being done already. I'm swamped!

BTW... I am in total awe! I LOVE the pincushion goblet and the fire swamp bag/R.O.U.S.! Thisbird's AMAZING!

(Now I'm totally nervous now about sending my package - which should be tomorrow if all goes well...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
thisbirdsabsurd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Be Happy!

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010 12:34:06 PM »

As you can tell, CoutureCreations was A LOT of fun to craft for!  I told her, her quoting skills far surpass anything I could aspire to!  Lots of inspiration from emails and her wist - I really had a blast with this!  And words to coffee sleeve?  That was just a paint pen! Smiley  Glad you liked everything!!
  My package is out for delivery - I should have it by this afternoon!!  Woo hoo!  So exciting!

(Thank you Some_girl and Whistley!!)  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010 12:36:45 PM by thisbirdsabsurd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
CoutureCreations

So many crafts, so little time!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010 12:47:13 PM »

Wistley - you haven't got anything if you don't have your health!  Rest up!! Wink
Oh - and you're right.  She IS amazing!  I was so impressed!  And very nervous too since this is my first swap and I'm feeling totally humbled and nervous and first-time jitters. 

I mean - how could I compete with THAT kind of talent!?!?  I'm just trusting that she will enjoy the edible parts and doesn't sick the ancient boo-er on me! Embarrassed

Thisbird - Looking forward to your postman's visit!  That was fast!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010 02:11:39 PM »

WOW!!!  That is all so great!  Such creative items in there, I especially love all the work on the fireswamp thread catcher! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010 02:13:46 PM »

Excellent package! The fire swamp applique is fantastic! I also love that it's lined with flame fabric. The goblet - also very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
SuperCraftyGirl
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010 02:29:35 PM »

I am so jealous of your stuff i could scream!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Miyamoto Musashi
How to Draw Lelouch
How to Draw Alucard
Supervillain Origins: Rhino
How to Draw Zack Fair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...