A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 6- the gallery!  (Read 22726 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fluffypants
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2010 02:52:55 PM »

My partner, MissCrafty29, received today! Since she is on dial up, I offered to post pictures for her, so here are the goodies she received from me. Smiley Sorry for the heap of pictures, I've got to remember to take "group pics" next time!

First up, some small odds and ends, which were all in the pockets of the bag I made for her...

Three different kinds of my homemade Lip Blam!

A cucumber avacado soap (with the leaf detail) a citrus glycerin soap (with a little fish inside) and two racecar soaps for her hubby! I think they were citrus as well, I can't remember offhand.... I also included some Nascar magnets for her hubby, which didn't make it into a picture.

A little polymer clay mushroom charm

Pinback buttons! I love buttons. I also love owning a button machine. Wink

Scrabble tile pendants: tie dye, the Monkees, a LIFE magazine photo from a war protest, and Rocky Horror.

A headband/dread wrap - I've never made anything with elastic before so I hope it's sturdy!

A resin keychain

A tea wallet Smiley

The bag everything was in:

And my absolute favourite, a dress for her daughter!

Front:

Back:

I made it a bit large to be safe, so hopefully it will fit her at some point. Wink I want to make one that fits me now, hahaha. I think I have enough fabric left over!

I had a blast crafting for you, MissCrafty29! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010 02:54:59 PM by fluffypants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crystabrittany

my 4-year-old cousin is my idol.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2010 03:19:51 PM »

Holy cow - everything is amazing, fluffypants!  Nice job!  I'm also very envious of your button machine. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2010 03:44:32 PM »

Oh wow, that's a fantastic package!  I love that bag, and the dress is just too cute!  I've been wanting to learn resin casting and your creations make me more determined than ever to get off my rear and buy the supplies ... or should I get a button machine?  Oh, and I love your "Fluff's Stuff" labels!  Clever!

(Is it just me, or do we all use a heck of a lot of exclamation marks since becoming Craftsters?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2010 03:47:36 PM »

That is a great package!! My favorite part too is the dress you made for her daughter! yay snorks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2010 04:44:17 PM »

Oh My Sweetness.

After the looooooongest day of my life at work, I came home to the most awesome box ever from Casey1201:

Okay, the outside was pretty normal-boxy.  But I knew the inside would hold such delights!  I could not WAIT to get into it!  In fact, my excitement sparked the interest of my kitten, John Rawls. 

Particularly when I fell in LOVE instantly with my new weekender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Please understand, as Casey1201 did, I have been wanting one of these FOREVER!!!!)

John Rawls decided, however, that HE was in love with my new weekender:

The *only* shot of me you'll get is with one of the pairs of earrings she made me - look how well they go with my brand new nose ring!  (please excuse how my nose is all read around it - I mean, I got it pierced 2 nights ago, so Im cleaning it constantly, so then it gets all reddish)

Okay, so here is the loot (other than the weekender bag and the earrings you've already seen!):

A loaded charm bracelet (Ive always wanted one!) to go with the earrings you've already seen and another pair -

(you can see again how much my cat wanted to be involved!)

If you can believe it, Casey classified the bracelet and both pairs of earrings as a SMALL!  Silly Casey!  Much like how my weekender bag was a Large (whereas I am confident that the time she put in on it could have counted as the small, medium, AND large!)

Then we have our Medium.  I say Medium because Casey said so.  Casey needs to do some SERIOUS work on her comprehension of sizes for swaps.  I however have benefitted, so far be for me to complain!  Cheesy   Wink  A sewing kit:

But thats not all!  In addition to the supercute kit, it came FULLY loaded!!

Two patterns for purses (yay!!) and a Sewing for Dummies book (PERFECT FOR ME!!!)

Awesome, awesome fabric!

A whole host of sewing necessities - awesome scissors, Fray Check, rick rack, elastic, Heat and Bond, 3 zippers, and straight pins (which were in the pic above)  There were also safety pins and a measuring tape, but my husband was using those to distract the cat.

By the time I got around to opening the jar of buttons, I had his attention again...

Here are some of my faves -

That's right, that's a pineapple!  There were several cat ones she included - every SINGLE detail or every single thing Casey did for me was thought out!!!

So even though my small medium and large were more like a large, XXL, and 5X, Casey STILL included some extras! 

Cloth pads (I asked for them - if you havent tried them, you MUST - they are SO much better than anything Ive ever tried before!)

adorable barrettes!!

and an awesome bookmark with a sexy plus sized woman (much like myself!)

She also sent tea for my hubby and Reese's!!  Yay!!!  He has already started plowing into both (trust me, its a minor miracle I got a picture of the bookmark when I did, since he's stolen it already!)

I CANNOT explain that I DID just know she was my stalker, even though I sort of just picked her arbitrarily.  But I just KNEW.  and she knew that I knew!   Cheesy

Seriously, Casey was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  this was AWESOME!!!  the fact that it came after the day i had was just that much better!!!

Im gonna throw a few more exclamation points out there just so you all really get how perfect her package was, how thoughtful she was, how totally she nailed me with colors and fabrics and everything, and overall that I am now in love with Casey1201!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastor m.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2010 04:52:44 PM »

that entire package is great! What an awesome bag, I'm wisting that second pair of earrings.
You are very pretty rockmygypsysoul!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHMama
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2010 05:04:42 PM »

Another great package! I love the fabric combo on the weekender bag & I'm totally jealous of that sewing case (& everything in it of course!)  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2010 05:35:13 PM »

You can tell the stalkers so far have done a great job by the amount of enthusiasm in this gallery!  Wink

I'm fascinated by the lip balm from fluffypants-- I've seen button makers before, (my aunt even had one back in the 80s,) but I hadn't seen home-made lip balms in the twist-up stick containers before.  Is there some sort of device you use to put it all together, or do you just pour really carefully or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2010 06:10:24 PM »

I love all your new goodies from Casey! The jewelry is beautiful. And i'm hoping to see that pineapple button on something Psych themed in the near future Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2010 06:18:23 PM »

This gallery is just amazing! I'm getting majorly anxious on if my partner is going to get her package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Cosmetic Injection Questions Answered
2014 Grammys Beauty Trends
An Anti Aging Moisturizer That’s Worth the Splurge
The Best Enzymes for Your Skin Type
How to Upgrade Your Look with Just a Curling Iron, Belt and Mascara
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...