A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,535
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Round 6- the gallery!  (Read 26748 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shannin
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2010 10:52:17 PM »

Here it is -- my awesome package!!

The box.

All the stuff individually wrapped and numbered.

A birthday card with super cute cross stitching!

The inside of the card... my stalker did not reveal herself! Please let me know who I should thank for all this great stuff!!

A lovely sunflower applique... I absolutely love sunflowers. Smiley

Framed Piglet cross stitch! I'll always love Pooh bear & friends <3

A set of matching cards & envelopes. This is actually great since I write to my friends all the time.

I LOVE THIS SHIRT!!!!!!! The white specks aren't actually on it, must have been my camera acting funny. ._.

Oh my gosh. This is my favorite item... a Koi apron! It was outlined with 3D puffy paint or something... pretty cool!

A much needed project bag for my crocheting... I usually crochet on the couch while my boyfriend plays CoD and the yarn everywhere drives him a little crazy, haha. xD

I love this one too. I got 3 sets of to-do lists with pandas on them! I adore pandas and I ALWAYS need to-do lists! I usually just use post it notes and then lose them somewhere. This is awesome!! It also has a little panda buddy haha.

A yard or so of fabric... I love the style of the cupcakes on this!

In the Chinese take out box is 5 bars of soap (I think?). They smell really good I'm tempted to take a bite out of one to see if it's soap or food, LOL. If it's soap, my boyfriend definitely needs it right now! He's been using up all of my body wash, hehe.

Thank you thank you thank you!! I was SO spoiled! Please reveal yourself!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog | Etsy | Pintrest | Wishlist
PM me for personal swaps. Smiley
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2010 10:56:30 PM »

That is a beautiful package! I am so envious of people that can cross stitch like that! absolutely flawless
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2010 11:26:04 PM »

oh my I don't come online for a day and the gallery explodes....

simply fabulous packages guys.

I love looking at the different wools and knitted/crochet item.
That cable bag is so cute, I wish I could knit like that.

lock nose monster is hillarious, and your daughter is a sweetie. Love your cowl and the little duckie is so cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
edie22
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2010 11:55:27 PM »

I had to leave early today from work, and usually, if I have a package, the mail room girl will bring it to my desk.  Or they'll send me an email.  Well, I got neither of those, but I was leaving at 2, and I thought, well, I'll just run by the mailroom and see if its there and they couldn't do either of those things because one of teh mail room guys is out.

AND MY PACKAGE WAS THERE!!!!!!!

Its glorious.  Its like, EVERYTHING.  and its perfect.  And CHRIS PINE... okay, not the real chris pine or I'm sure I'd be doing something else, but A shirt with him right over my boob heart boob.  I took pictures I just have to upload everything and post.

My stalker was RobbieZombie!! She had these little easter eggs filled with mini reeses cups and in each egg was 3 reeses and a little piece of paper with one letter of her user name.  I had to unscramble and... okay, I admit I looked at the note, but still it was awesome and I was making very incoherent noises in the car as I tried to open the package and drive at the same time.

I posted this earlier in the discussion thread, but thought I would continue the story here.

First, I pulled stuff out mostly at stop lights until I talked myself into putting back in the box and putting it in the back seat until I got home.  It was INCREDIBLY LIKE TORTURE. or at least, what I imagine torture to be.

First, I found these:

THEY ARE KIRK AND BONES SOCK MONKEYS. I never even imagined such things.  I wanted them even though I didn't know they existed.  But now they do and they are miiiiiiiine.  they look a little weird, because I have to stuff them (and I am going to need instructions on that Robbie_Zombie) .  Look at their little shirts!!!

After I waived them around and squealed a bit, I found these:

Kirk and bones action figures! I can't wait to get them out of the boxes and make them have phaser fights with my Clark and Lex Luthor action figures.

Then, there was this stump pin cushion.  Its right off my wists, and its kirk and bones forever.  Awww

and another angle so you can see how it looks like a tree stump

One of the non-star trek things...
a crochet hook roll in the best cupcake fabric!

This honestly cracked me up.  I said this on some thread about this happening at DragonCon last year.  I don't know if it was the CD thread or not.  This just means that robbie_zombie stalked me well.

I found these wonderful coasters next.

I can't decide which one I'm taking to work and which one I'm leaving on my craft desk and which on my computer desk.  I will have to think about it.

These supplies.

there's a WHOLE PACKAGE of shrinky dinks!!, a sheet of magnets, a bag of glass marbles to make the magnets, a seam ripper and some felt.  my theory on this is that she got it from my ongoing wists swap list.  SO good at stalking!

I saved one of my favorite pieces for near to last.  It's Captain Kirk right over my heart! Its so perfect I can't even tell you.  

isn't it perfect? she said it was the first stinciling she's done and, its so great. I wore this out tonight to the movies with my friend and she said, "oh my god, is that Chris pine?" and I said, yes, yes it is.  She shook her head like I'M the crazy one! pfft.

Anyway, at the bottom of the box this is what is left. Its some shredded paper, plastic easter eggs and reeses cups.

Some of the eggs had come open and I realize that there are letters in each of the slips of paper in each one.  So I sort through and I had to read the letter she sent with all of her notes on the projects and her big reveal, but I'm glad she did because it might have driven me nuts.

and then, i realized there was more!

STAR TREK STITCH MARKERS! omg awesome.  

I'm beyond thrilled with it all.  Thank you so much robbie_zombie!! Smiley

-Edie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
littlebluegirl
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2010 04:30:28 AM »

So much fabulousness.  Those sock monkeys are scrummy, and they look so squishable.  The cross stitch card is adorable.  And I love the piglet cross stitch and the happy face shirt.  Everyone has received such great packages but those are some of my favourites.  Oh and of course the dogs are so sweet!

AND I RECEIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My stalker was bexieboo and she made me an absolutely fantabulous package.  There was much squealing going on as I unwrapped everything.

Everything beautifully wrapped up and numbered.  Inside each parcel was a colour co-ordinated origami note with a clue to a each letter in her username.  Also, my cat getting in on the action.

I love slippers.  I have about 12000 pairs on my wists Smiley I have permanently cold feet. And I never realised before that teal and silver are a perfect colour combo. Gorgeous buttons on these too.

Cute crocheted rainbow button bracelet. Perfect fit!

Yoga mat bag.  This is absolutely the best, and my favourite item.  Bexieboo said she made up her own pattern (awe!) and wasn't sure what size to make it but as you can see it's the perfect size. Can't wait to show it off.

Sparkly fingerless mitts in yummy scrummy soft yarn.

I love sunflowers! Can't remember if this is on my wists or my Ravelry or both.

I laughed when I opened this as it's something I made for someone else recently and was actually planning on making for myself.  It's a turtle/tortoise tape measure. You pull one of his legs and the tape comes out and you press his belly to retract.

I am absolutely in love with this! It's a cushion cover for me to stuff.  The back is fabric with Dreams embroidered on it (how on earth did you do that bexieboo?) bexieboo is a crochet goddess!  She said she made this in a marathon 48 hour session.  Oh, and I know it looks wonky in the picture but I assure you it is square.

Back of cushion cover.

Another pair of fingerless mitts from my wists.  I'm a little bit obsessed with fingerless mitts.  Again, I have a lot on my wists but never seem to get around to making any for myself.

This little bunny was in a plastic bag and I couldn't figure out why until I opened the note.  It's a toy for my cat and it's got nip in it. bexieboo didn't want my whole package smelling of nip and sending my cat crazy!

And this is Harlequin, who was rolling around on the floor for ages with her new toy.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU bexieboo, you nailed my tastes and I love it all!

I have loved every minute of this swap, it's been a blast.  Thank you hotty_blond2000 and SaralaAnne for organising. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nostrum
Australian made and owned.

Don't dream it, be it.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2010 06:38:15 AM »

Man this gallery is turning out awesome. Everybody is making me put stuff on my 'Oh I Need One Of Those' list!
Can't wait til my partner receives  Cool, but now I don't know if I did justice.... Hmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep smiling - It makes people wonder what you're up to.

Looking for Australian personal swaps! [For now. I'll branch overseas when I can afford it!]
lindyv321

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2010 06:45:28 AM »

Wow this gallery is turning out to be amazing!  Everyone is getting such great stuff!  Bacon Yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fabulous!  I have a weird obsession with bacon that MommytheMaid must share Smiley The Piglet cross stitch is gorgeous!  I too will forever <3 Pooh and Friends.  I also love the cupcake fabric used on the crochet hook roll and the turtle tape measure. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftCrazy13
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2010 06:53:14 AM »

Hey Shannin, could you check your package again? Inside your birthday card I put a note that said "Spoiler Alert- Open Last"...inside was a note detailing everything I made, and revealing myself as CraftCrazy13 (sort of a duh, now). That is indeed soap, goat's milk and shea butter soap with oatmeal, honey, and cinnamon, to be more specific. That little panda buddy is actually a panda buddy eraser, and that little cupcake cross stitch on the card can be removed from the back to be a patch or something cool like that.

I'm really glad you liked the package, because I had a really good time making it! Grin Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
savage pixie

will sew for shoes

« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2010 10:03:18 AM »

Holy wow - these packages are amazing. I'm in love with so many things. And I love seeing when people make goodies for pets too, so much fun!

I'm loving the creative ways that people are revealing themselves.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

my wist http://wists.com/savagepixie
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2010 10:11:13 AM »

wow! some more great packages! The Chris Pine stenciling is pretty dang amazing, and I remember that convo about Shatner checking out a craftster's boob, I just can't remember who.
I am in love with a tape measurer disguised as a cute little creature, I've got to make myself something like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Panorama Stitch Pictures
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Night Portrait Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Night Landscape Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Museum Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Macro or Close-Up Pictures
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...