This is so much fun! Great results really fast, my kinda craft. I first did these as an activity at my daughters 'crafty' 7th birthday party - they were a huge hit. I have started to get a little more creative with them and made some with fancy stamens and different types of petals. Any shape that can be threaded is worth trying!
1. Cut various shapes from tissue paper. The shapes do not need to be neat.
2. Roll one end of a pipe cleaner into a snug spiral.
3. Start threading the pieces of tissue onto the pipe cleaner.
4. Keep threading more pieces of tissues onto the pipe cleaner.
5. Push all the tissue to the end and scrunch and shape the flower.
6. Now make lots of flowers using different colors and shapes. I made the stamens on my flowers by rolling tissue up tightly and then threading them on first.
I also have a PDF version of the tutorial ... http://www.homeofcraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/tutorial_tissueflowers.pdf
I am a real amateur at these, have only made them a few times. I would love to see some that others have made to give me some ideas.