A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Procrastination Station: Get Motivated! Never too late to join!  (Read 89445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #740 on: July 28, 2010 07:03:14 AM »

I love craft swaps. If I don't have a deadline, it takes me forever to get something done. Craft swaps always have a deadline, so I actually get something made.

Of course, all the stuff waiting around at home to be done sometimes gets in the way. Yesterday I was looking for something in my bead box, and found a project from 4+ years ago that I barely started.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 28, 2010 01:08:51 PM »

Arrrrgh!I need advise & motivation!Here's the series of events leading up to how I got in the mess I'm in.First one of the bookcases fell apart in my craft room,so I have to nail it back together.Second I had to make room for a used sewing machine that was given to me.So I had to put sewing machine where the bookcase was sitting.Third I had to move over 1/2 a room to make room for the bookcase.Now my craft room is in a bigger mess than ever,the bookcase is in pieces in my dining/kitchen area (not put together.,and I have a ton of craft projects I need to be working on.So can anyone give me advice on what to do.Not counting church activities I'm taking part in. Cry.I am sooo stressed I don't know what to do 1st.(goes in bedroom & hides head under cover  Embarrassed Cry Undecided).In other words help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
ThinkPurple
« Reply #742 on: July 28, 2010 01:22:22 PM »

Seeing as I have a two month old daughter who doesn't like sleep, and a four year old son who doesn't like quiet . ..  I have a few things that I can put on my list Smiley

1. My daughter's blanket/quilt. I got a huge bag of fabric scraps off of freecycyle and had to use some of it on this. Unfortunately I don't have a sewing machine (and don't know how to use one anyway) so it is all hand sewn. It's about 15% done, I'm giving myself a month.

2. Felt food for my son. This is going to be a Christmas present so hope to have it done by then Cheesy

3. Not really a project, but I really want to learn how to crochet, want to learn to do that by Christmas, also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mother of three wonderful kidlets

Damien Victor - 9/27/04 2:01AM-3:00AM - My littlest guardian angel (RIP)

Caleb Michael - 9/1/05  My rowdy boy

Ava Noelle - 5/10/10  The little princess

Bookmark Swap Round 3 - Researching Cheesy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #743 on: August 03, 2010 11:58:31 AM »

oh poor anitacj!!  It does sound like you are overwhelmed!  When I was redoing my craftroom, I made a list of everything I could think of that had to be done: paint door, hang shelves, clean baseboard, buy clear bins, etc. etc. It was pages long but it made me feel better to have something to hang onto and cross off!

Then each day, I wrote down three things on a little sheet of paper and felt great if I got two done!  In order to craft, I took a box top and just grabbed whatever supplies I needed, such as my beads and embroidery thread, and worked in the kitchen or dining room...if I had a bin for the embroidery threads, I put them back when I finished my project...if not, I left it there until I got a bin...each day a small thing was done and usually one big thing! I shoved a lot of things into other rooms or to the side until I got one area done at a time...

When you break things into smaller pieces, it is easier to do...like it is easier to say you are going to lose 5 pounds instead of 100 pounds! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 04, 2010 09:30:56 AM »

Hey,
Thanks for the ideas.Just to let you know,I can't put my bookcase back together  Cry.The shelves are really cheap glue & sawdust pressed together.So my dh & I tried to nail them back together with the end pieces.And they began to split bad.So he said I have to get better wood for the shelves.So more headache than I already have.The wood has to wait til I can afford it.Or get a new bookcase.Besides all this I'm having major problems with my foot.So I really don't feel like crafting right now. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #745 on: January 01, 2011 03:28:55 AM »

Procrastination is one of my better skills Cheesy Deadlines are both useful and terrible for me. Granted they help me out, but when my life gets busy and stressful, deadlines make me cry (No seriously, I've almost been in tears over my past couple swaps and with other things I have bawled lol)

My List:

FINISH MY PAINTING!!!!! I am an artist, but I'm a procrastinator too.... This painting is due for honors art on the 3rd, I'm maybe half finished :s
Finish my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project! I want to have this done on January 13th or 14th so I can have it sent out on the 14th or 15th since it must be postmarked by the 15th....
Finish scarf for boyfriend!!! I want to have this done also by the 15th, or whenever I run out of yarn to a point where I have to call it finished.... Which will hopefully be 15 or 16 panels but I'm hoping to make it to 18-20...
Steampunk poppet or punkin for boyfriend, I want to have this done also by the 20th, but sooner rather than later so I can mail it to boyfriend along with his scarf and maybe even the mini sketchbook of drawings for him.
Steampunk poppet or punkin for me, this can be delayed but I'm going to try to finish it about when I finish boyfriend's because he isn't getting his until I've had pictures of our poppets or punkins together because they are a couple *nods* Mine is female, his is male.

My swappy goodness list:

Finish monster for personal swap with Bananaleg byyyyy.... Hopefully Sunday the 9th because then I can mail it on the 10th, but the sooner it's done the better!
Weird stuffie for Bellyjewel for the weird stuffie swap..... Hopefully also by the 9th so I can mail out two things on the 10th, less postal trips for daddy the better.... Cheesy
(I'll add other swap stuff as I receive partners)

Non craft list:

Finish a few letters and mail them out this week!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #746 on: April 18, 2011 09:39:04 PM »

Ok I'm gonna join too. Here is my to do list:

1. Find and finish step daughter's slippers - preferably before easter. Sounds hard, but if I can find them, they're dead easy to finish off.
2. Finish porcelain doll's clothes, by the end of May
3. Work steadily on Make-a-Friend Swap so I don't feel overwhelmed, also due end of May
4. Make felt food for step daughter's birthday, end of July
5. Work more often and harder on my course - ongoing - aim to finish each module within 2-3 months of starting it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 20, 2011 07:59:54 AM »

Ugh.   Im a serious procrastinator and I need help!    Cheesy

1.  Work on more pieces of jewelry.  Nothing specific here- I need to look through my stash to get ideas.  I need more bracelets and necklaces for sure.  Maybe some more hairpins.  Have a Bead Art show soon.  Due before:  June 6th.

2.  Work on inchies and ATC for the Beginners swap.  I need to make 30 inchies and 3 ATCs.  This really has to wait until next week after payday due to low funds for the paper I want to use.  But, it is all due by June 6th.

3.  Begin to organize my bedroom/craft space.  This needs a LOT of work!  This due date is very flexible.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
andy8715
« Reply #748 on: May 26, 2011 09:55:57 PM »

Ugh.   Im a serious procrastinator and I need help!   

Same here.  I only finally cleaned up my pig pen of a bedroom/work area because my godmother died and I bought her really awesome vintage pink formica table from her daughter-in-law, so I had to have some place to put it. Thus the room got totally cleaned and rearranged. 

List:

1. finish current amigurumi.  Giving myself two weeks to finish that since it's only a head right now.  June 10

2. iron interfacing to t-shirts for t-shirt/memory quilt.  Need to get interfacing for this.  June 10

3. cut fabric squares for memory quilt.  June 3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest.com/andy8715
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Faux Bob
Mark Hill Shows You How to Wake Up With Amazing Hair
Beauty Quickie: A Quick Fix for Limp Locks
Beauty Quickie: How to Get Frizz Free Hair in 10 Seconds
How to Give Your Bun a Fresh New Twist
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...