A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Japanese Punches & The creation of a paper Cherry Blossom Tree  (Read 1342 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Andrea Ravioli
« on: February 21, 2010 12:26:53 AM »

Hey guys!
I've decided that I'm going to scrapbook my 1 month trip to Japan. I've gone through all my things and I have everything in order. I have LOTS of good ideas for my scrapbook.... I would REALLY LOVE LOVE LOVE to make a Paper Cherry Blossom Tree to take up one of the pages. The only thing is.. is that my drawing skills are definitely lacking. Any ideas as to how to create this or trace it from somewhere?? I also need the cherry blossoms too. I have cute pink paper, but I just don't know where to begin... I love this idea and I think it'll turn out really cute.

Also, a friend of mine has a paper punch in the shape of the "Good Luck" character in Japanese. Now it doesn't have to say good luck, but I've searched the internet for the last hour and a half and I've had no luck. I came across one in amazon, that means "I Love You" but it said the item was unavailable. Any suggestions as to where I can get something like this? Even die cuts would be okay!!! Let me know! Thanks for your input!~

Andrea Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a Polka Dot!
I've already earned 75 dollars in Amazon gift cards all for just using this search engine-- NO CATCH! PM me if you have any questions! Smiley
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AndreaRavioli
embercostumer
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010 09:03:56 AM »

I took a trip to Japan a few years ago! <3

I'd use tissue paper in brown twisted up and glued onto the page for the cherry blossom trunk and branches, then little wadded up circles of pink tissue paper for all the blossoms.

http://www.creativejewishmom.com/2010/01/a-cute-colorful-cherry-blossom-tree-for-tu-bshevat-.html

http://www.homeofcraft.com/2010/03/08/blossoming-tissue-tree/

For Japanese characters, they are pretty easy to draw, actually. I think those stamps are a total waste of money unless you plan on doing the same character a million times. Or try going to half price books and finding a Japanese magazine or book and cutting out some of the kanji on there. Or even a Japanese picture book from amazon or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Life of Queen Lead-Singer, Freddie Mercury
A New Sense of Social Purpose
Climbing Mt. Everest
Two Foot Fred Autobiography Trailer
Author Zeke Pipher on Finding Balance
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...