A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Swap! ~Just in time for the release of part 1~  (Read 18335 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2010 02:57:28 PM »

Me too! Me too! I would <3 to join!  There is a little bit of emptiness inside me now that all the books are finished. She should so start a series of HP young adult life. I'd be all over it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2010 03:13:59 PM »

I'm wondering if it will end with the flash forward to to future or not...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rorriM_esoR

Santorini, Greece, Summer 2008

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2010 03:19:47 PM »

I'm wondering if it will end with the flash forward to to future or not...

I was reading all the news on mugglenet today and the cast seem to think that they will they just don't know how they are going to do it.  I think the actors could totally be the parents, there only in their late 20's then, and most of the actors are in their early twenties.  I can't want to see Scorpius and Rose, I think she has red hair, but I see a lot of fan art of her with Hermione's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On Pottermore?  Add me, Pumpkinsparks110.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.  -Ghandi
Bluemopitz

Crafty Library Mama

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2010 04:02:07 PM »

I recently read an interview with Tom Felton (Draco) who said he and Dan Radcliffe (Harry) were really looking forward to filming the epilogue scene.  He couldn't confirm whether it would be done with traditional movie make-up effects or with CGI aging like they used in Benjamin Button.

I like to pretend that that epilogue doesn't exist, since I'm not a fan of the "happily ever after" ending, but it would be cool to see them all artificially aged.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 04:07:45 PM by Bluemopitz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2010 05:25:36 PM »

I recently read an interview with Tom Felton (Draco) who said he and Dan Radcliffe (Harry) were really looking forward to filming the epilogue scene.  He couldn't confirm whether it would be done with traditional movie make-up effects or with CGI aging like they used in Benjamin Button.

I like to pretend that that epilogue doesn't exist, since I'm not a fan of the "happily ever after" ending, but it would be cool to see them all artificially aged.

The epilogue really pissed me off the first time through. I mean, yes, I want to know what happens to everyone... but that just seems too perfect. And Harry using Severus as a name for his kid... Pfft- he HATED Snape. Yes, he was a hero... but that doesn't mean suddenly Harry has to like him... talk about going overboard. I ranted about that for days. After reading DH a few times, the epilogue doesn't bother me as much anymore. I still don't think it was necessary though. Ending with the trio sitting in the common room would have been perfect with me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2010 05:26:52 PM »

I'm kind of surprised no one is looking forward to the wedding yet.  I'm curious about Zenophelius, the wizard weddings, and Hermoine's magic handbag....

And I can't wait to see the Lovegood's house!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Bluemopitz

Crafty Library Mama

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2010 05:54:04 PM »

Ooh, I'm dying to see Xeno and Luna's wedding outfits!  Especially the Hallows necklace...so I can craft one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rorriM_esoR

Santorini, Greece, Summer 2008

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2010 05:58:20 PM »

I'm kinda excited for the wedding but it is making me angry because once again WB can't get the color of Hemione's dress right.  It specifically says it is lilac in the book, but all the pictures I have seen the dress looks red in the movie.  It's when they change up little details like that, that really irk me.  Like GoF when Neville gave Harry the gillyweed instead of Dobby.

I can't wait for Snapes memories, I love the maurder era, but I really don't want to see Snape die.

I didn't really mind the epilouge because yes it was the happy ending, but it wasn't like there weren't any troubles to get there, although I still think Harry should have died, much more epic ending.  But it isn't as bad as Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer pissed me off with that ending.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On Pottermore?  Add me, Pumpkinsparks110.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.  -Ghandi
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2010 12:53:25 AM »

It's when they change up little details like that, that really irk me.

or big huge eye-color-being-a-monster-piece-of-plot details? *halo*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2010 07:03:28 AM »

I'm kinda excited for the wedding but it is making me angry because once again WB can't get the color of Hemione's dress right.  It specifically says it is lilac in the book, but all the pictures I have seen the dress looks red in the movie.  It's when they change up little details like that, that really irk me.  Like GoF when Neville gave Harry the gillyweed instead of Dobby.

I can't wait for Snapes memories, I love the maurder era, but I really don't want to see Snape die.

I didn't really mind the epilouge because yes it was the happy ending, but it wasn't like there weren't any troubles to get there, although I still think Harry should have died, much more epic ending.  But it isn't as bad as Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer pissed me off with that ending.

Well, speaking as a working professional costume designer, I have to take a bit of umbridge with this.  The costume designer's first duty is to support the story.  Be that book, script, poem, etc.  To support the story being told.  That does not mean however that every single word in the book is sacred, when translating it to a new media, be it stage or screen.  There are many MANY reasons things like this can be changed.  It may be that the actress does not look particularly good in a specific color, or even that they actress might not FEEL like she looks attractive in that color.  Some very young designers like to say "they'll wear what I tell them to!", but this again does not support a COHESIVE and most importantly a COLLABORATIVE work of art.  And quite frankly, it's both childish and rude.  (Though I will grant you that Ms. Watson is lovely and would look good in a potato sack.)

A designer might also chose to change a detail like this in an artistic effort to draw focus.  If you look at those leaked pictures what do you really see?  You see Hermoine standing out in red, against the grey stone of surrounding buildings & street, and against Harry and Ron's "traditional" black suits.  Our eyes are drawn straight to Hermoine.  The red dress demands to be seen by our eyes.  For once we are NOT focusing on Harry Potter, and that is essential in this scene.  This scene is not about Harry, or Ron, or London or Death Eaters.  It's about Hermoine's strengths of character and intelligence shining through.  She is the one who SAVES Harry and Ron in this scene.  We see Harry's bravery again and again throughout the story.  We see his strong heart as he saves his friends.  But here we see why Hermoine belongs in Gryffindor house.  Within seconds of recognizing danger, she Aparates them away from incoming Death Eaters, gets them off the street to safety, not forgetting the essentials to help then live on the run.  And all while wearing a dress and heels.  And please note that not only does the red dress draw your eye to Hermoine in this pivotal scene, but it is a bold and daring shade of red; the color of Gryffindor house.  So the question comes down to: Does this choice support the story being told on film?  Yes, it absolutely does.

It's when they change up little details like that, that really irk me.

or big huge eye-color-being-a-monster-piece-of-plot details? *halo*

This is another point that can be seen as annoying to audiences, but is not if you truly spend time thinking about it.  The key point here is that Harry "has his mother's eyes".  Yes, in the book they are green.  Yes, in the films they are blue.  All that is essential here is that the designers match the eye's between the actors, not that they match the book.  As a designer, I would approach an actor whose character has a specific eye color and ask how they feel about contacts.  Everyone loves to point to contacts and say "it's so easy to change that detail", but I assure you it's not.  Especially not on a child.  They can be horrendously uncomfortable to some people.  If the child was uncomfortable in them, there is no way I would push to make them wear colored contacts.  Even grown actors sometimes have a terrible time with them. (Pattinson is said to have had a very hard time with them while filming Twilight, but he is a grown man, and able to make his own decisions about his body.)  To force an actor to wear something like that is wrong.  So yes, it would be neat if the actor's eyes were the same color as the book, but no, it is not a monster plot point.  The plot point is that they "look like Lily's eyes", who is a character we only ever see on film in a faded memory, practically sepia toned.  Finally, saying someone has "someone's eyes" can also refer to their shape in addition to color.  My father has bright blue twinkling eyes.  Mine are grey-blue with bits of green.  In color they are really very different, but I get told all the time that I have "my father's eyes".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Japanese Snail Beauty Treatment
DIY Cinnamon and Honey Mask For Acne
Self-Tanning at Home With the "Shower Tan"
How to Apply New Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer
Adam Levine Proactiv+
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...