A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
344 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cds idea that i have but need help  (Read 885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frugalkids
« on: May 01, 2005 04:30:54 PM »

hi, all  i have alot of cds thinking of making a skirt,shirt,hat something like that i seen the stuff made from them but would like something really different even if no one can were it. but just to look cute. thank you.
nancy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bugginu77
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006 07:27:51 PM »

Okay, this may be the dumbest idea in history, but I firgure you could use some help with your brain blockage! So like sew a halter top, but that ends at the end of your boobs, then cut little circles with a glass cutter out of the cds, and string them together to make like a little beaded curtain thingy around the rest of your uper body. Well, I hope it works out for you! Smiley Good luck with your brain blockage! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BuhBuhLub
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006 07:30:53 AM »

I've made coasters out of CDs before, but never clothing.

I used those "Try AOL for Free" CDs, because you can go to any store and find about a million of them and they're all for free, of course. But I wouldn't recommend using AOL CDs if you want the tops of the CDs to show, obviously. It would be really cool to use REAL CDs for this, too. Like, old rock CDs. Then you could let the tops of them show and it would give your coasters a lot more personality. I just didn't want to ruin anu of MY CDs, but I bet you could go buy some used CDs to use at MediaPlay or a place like that and it wouldn't cost that much.

To make the coasters, I just took two of the CDs and hot-glued them together, with the AOL sides on the inside, so the bottoms of the CDs showed, but not the "Try AOL for Free" side. Everyone who sees them thinks they're so cool. But they're just so simple and there really isn't anything that special about them.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ktwags
Creatively Natural

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006 08:25:03 PM »

This is what my kids made with old cd's , pretty much doing the same thing except they used the old fashioned wait forever elmers glue way since we didn't want them to get burned.  They just stinged them up to a hanger and hung it on the ceiling, it is really neat when the sun hits it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006 08:31:26 PM »

You can try the cooked cd thing and cut them into rounded triangles, punch a hole in the top of each and sew them onto your clothing like large sequins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
pixi_jasmine
Jмηз

Im working on it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006 09:33:36 AM »

All these are great ideas - Cds can be used in agazillion of ways - even clothing im sure.
my ideas follow much of those above me and here are a few more...
*coasters
*String curtain
*notebook (im sure theres a tute here somewhere)
*Magnets: With this you can smash the cd(s) into smaller pieces and add a lil magnet to the back...Instant cd magnet. You can even add a collage from magazine clippings and so forth.
*Keyring - make good presents for your friends...like those 'friends forever' type stuff...split one cd between friends that has special carvings or collages or special keeps whatever...
*Earrings: again, smash into little pieces, drill a little hole and add earring pieces (hooks/stud)
*Bowls - theres a tute around here somewhere about melting vinyl records...i believe its possible to do the same with cds...make gazillion minibowls for your stationary, jewelry, coins, etc...
*Clothing:
For clothing you plan to wear, id go with the suggestion by teapotdnky
for clothing you wish to have for show - id drill holes on all sides of the cds and connect them with wire/string/chain/etc following a normal pattern or some sort...

Hope this helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Handcrafted Soap Artist La Shonda Tyree
How to Crochet a Boa Flower Scarf Part 2/2
How to Crochet a Boa Flower Scarf Part 1/2
How to Crochet a Snowflake Part 2/2
Making Art from Seeds
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...