A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Glass Ball Ornaments... Need help with top part! take a look! Img Heavy!  (Read 2020 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Andrea Ravioli
« on: February 20, 2010 12:11:59 AM »

Hey guys!!!
Okay so I went to the craft store today in search of scrap booking stuff. Well I came home with glass ball ornaments with an idea in mind. I live in Guam, so my seashell collection keeps growing and growing every time we go to the beach. I decided hey, what a cute Idea for my seashells!!! I have a few questions though..
1.) Did I put two much sand/seashells in or do they look okay?
2.) I feel like they're missing something. Like maybe I should find some Guam Trinkets to put inside to show that it's all Guam in there. Or maybe rub-on's or do you think that'd be gaudy looking?
3.) How can I adhere the top piece where you hang it from? Because it's bottom-heavy and It would definitely fall if it were placed on a tree. Hot glue or crazy glue? or some other suggestion please! Let me know!
Thanks for looking and your input..   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a Polka Dot!
I've already earned 75 dollars in Amazon gift cards all for just using this search engine-- NO CATCH! PM me if you have any questions! Smiley
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AndreaRavioli
jsumonkeygirl
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010 05:56:11 AM »

Very cute idea! I think the amount of sand and shells is just right. But you are right about it lacking something. Can you draw/paint well? You could paint a beach scene on the back side of the ornament so that you can see it through the other side of the ball.

As for securing the top pieces...maybe super glue? It should bond well with both the glass and metal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MunLtStmpr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010 07:45:15 AM »

Beautiful!  I'd use of as a paper weight.  A beach scene or coastline (fish?) would add perfectly.

I recently used 2-part epoxy to attach the top of marbles to something and would recommend that.  Very smelly but works better than anything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
greenfaerie
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010 11:30:34 PM »

You could etch the back or front with a message or palm trees, even fish.  Or use that bake on glass paint.

They look great!  e6000 would glue those tops on well for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast at The Corner in Milford, CT
4 Ways to Frost Your Desserts Like a Pro
How to Make Make Wine-Poached Rhubarb and Poppy Seed Crisp
How to Make an Eton Mess
Ridiculously Easy Frozen Yoghurt Pops in Seconds
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...