A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Western Wa Craftster Meet-Up?  (Read 6198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DeannaLynn06

Cup o Noodles it is, crafting costs too much!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2010 01:29:10 PM »

Should we wrap our Yankee swap gifts or leave them open? I have done it both ways.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grenouille78
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2010 02:05:43 PM »

Tomorrow,ladies! Yay! I'm putting some finishing touches on my spring craft. Smiley I hope you all like it!

For those of you who have things to sew, if you can get your machine in the car, there is lots of table space at the church to spread out. I don't know what I'm bringing yet, either. After getting the kids' Easter outfits finished in the nick of time, I've been taking a little breather! I'll figure it out by tomorrow. Cheesy

If the weather holds (please, oh please. I've about had it with the wind and torrential downpours!), dh is going to take my two girls to the Daffodil Parade, so we'll be down two kids. Just a little less craziness! lol I'll still have my baby with me, though. Hey, others with babies, feel free to bring a playpen; there is plenty of room to set it up for the tiny ones to take naps. I think I'm going to bring mine, otherwise I'll have to stick to "sling friendly" crafts. ha Oh! And we do have four high chairs for the kiddos during lunch. I think that's all.

Spaz - thanks for taking care of drinks. I don't drink pop, either, but juice is fine.
Niki - Cupcakes sound great! But... like supertink, me + sugar = bad news bears. Sad

I signed up for vegetables. I'm just going to do some raw veggies and dip if that's ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spaz2phreek
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2010 05:21:40 PM »

I've always done Yankee swap with everything wrapped. Sometimes it starts wrapped but then it's opened. For the next person's turn they can either steal an opened one or gamble on something else. Or all the gifts stay wrapped until they're all selected. Then everyone opens & what you have is what you have.

Hmm...Did anyone see the episode of The Office that they did a Yankee Swap for Christmas & everyone opened as they went? And Phyllis knitted an oven mitt that Michael ended up with...and he was a big turd about it, saying it sucked & hurt Phyllis's feelings.... Anyway, that's why I don't craft at all for a Yankee Swap for people who aren't crafty. Even with crafters, maybe we keep them all wrapped till the end?

ETA: Supertink, is there something specific you guys do like I can pick? One of my good friends is chemical & gluten free so I'm used to/glad to make sure everyone gets to feel included. I'm all manner of unhealthy so I really don't have a clue what qualifies as "sugar free"...other than water, I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010 05:30:25 PM by spaz2phreek » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
supertink
Where's my pixiedust?

Fantastic!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2010 08:27:52 PM »

Aw, thanks, spaz! *hugs*
Well, there's flavored sparkling water, that usually doesn't have sugar. There's also diet soda, diet V8... Pretty much anything that says diet doesn't have sugar in it.  Grin

I saw that episode. I've had that happen. It stinks. But since we're all crafty people, I don't think any of us would be Michael's. I'd like to see them wrapped. Makes it more fun because you don't know what you're getting!  Cheesy

I think I'm going to bring celery and peanut butter. I don't remember what I signed up for! What did I sign up for, niki? LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disneyphile
spaz2phreek
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2010 10:27:06 PM »

mmmm...celery & peanut butter....why don't I have that more often?

Oh man, I went to get drinks...eliminate sugar & things get much more interesting. Like chocolate mint flavored water.....I picked up all kinds of drinks.

Okay, off to try to sleep a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2010 08:22:08 AM »

Have fun today ladies!!  I sure wish I could've been there but alas...not to be this time...take lots of pictures!  I can't wait to see the crafty fun Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2010 08:24:58 AM »

DD seems sicker  Sad and I don't want to give everyone else's kids colds.
So sorry for the last minute bail out. I hope it's tons of fun and that it turns out to be a regular thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grenouille78
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2010 09:13:49 AM »

Oh no, dharma! I'm sorry. We're definitely going to miss you. It sounds like there is enough interest to do it again, so hopefully we can catch you another time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

supertink
Where's my pixiedust?

Fantastic!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2010 09:33:19 AM »

That stinks, dharma. Hope she gets better!

Just popping in before we leave in half an hour. Got the celery sufficiently peanut butter'd, got my little yankee swap gift in a giant gift bag (it's all I had!  Cheesy ), now going to fix my hair and face. Trust me, you don't want to see me right after I get up. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disneyphile
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2010 09:36:13 AM »

Bummer, Rachel.  We'll miss you.  Tink, you signed up for chips, but something healthier is never bad!  Sorry there's a few of you who don't eat sugar.  My friend Rachel and I made cookies from cupcake mix - just as sugary.  I'm stopping at the store on our way to buy strawberries, so hopefully natural fructose is OK.  
My swap rules are wrap beforehand, pick a number, #1 chooses a gift & unwraps it, #2 chooses either that gift or a new gift & unwraps it, [#1 chooses a new gift if their first was stolen], #3 chooses, etc.  The main rules are:
* A gift can only be stolen 2 times.  The 3rd person to own it keeps it.
* You cannot steal back a gift.
* #1 gets an option to steal at the end, and could thus perpetuate the game longer.
I really don't think we'll have a problem with people reacting Michael from the Office-like.  There's only been a couple things I've received in swaps that I was straight up disappointed with, and those partners never would have been dedicated enough to attend this!  I definitely hope we can have another for the people that couldn't make it, though.  See the rest of you in an hour.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair
New Hairstyle: The Pixie Crop
Funky 50s Hairstyles
How to Hide Big Ears
How to Get Big Bouncy Curls
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...