A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Western Wa Craftster Meet-Up?  (Read 6277 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grenouille78
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010 10:38:19 PM »

Hey! Checking in from Tacoma here. I'm interested in getting crafty together! Another option for location is my church (Don't go getting scared on me, peeps): we have a big room with long tables so we could set up sewing machines, scrapbooking, whatever -- lots of room to spread out, we'd have access to the kitchen and if you need to bring your kids, there is a gym they can run around in.

As far as when to meet... If we're more Tacoma-Oly, then I could probably swing a Friday evening. Otherwise, it would have to be during the day on Saturday. Hope we can do this!

Thanks for the PM, dharma!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wildfyre
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010 08:19:22 AM »

I'm way down here in Tenino.. but could come as far north as the Tacoma area for a meet up.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010 08:52:22 AM »

Well, Fridays are probably the only day I can't really do anything in Seattle - that's the one day DD has preschool, here in Oly.

It'd be cool if we could use your church, grenouille, especially if little ones are welcome, and wildfyre, we could carpool from Olympia!

I really want to check out Nollies though, it may not work for a crafty get-together if most of you all work outside the home. I may just go there on my own, next time I'm in the big, bad city. Waffle sandwiches sound delish! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeniferpi

crafting completes me

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010 02:09:47 PM »

Hey ladies, I'm friends(in real life)with Dharma_rebel and she said that one of you lives near the Rickshaw? Well, so do I!!! And I would totally love to find another crafty lady to craft/hang with.

If this sounds familiar or interesting, pm me and we can hopefully get things rolling and meet for a coffee to break the ice.

jeniferpi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/jeniferpi

50 in 2010

I <3 photography-punk rock-tattoos-cooking-Martha Stewart-skateboarding
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010 02:52:10 PM »

Hey ladies, I'm friends(in real life)with Dharma_rebel and she said that one of you lives near the Rickshaw? Well, so do I!!! And I would totally love to find another crafty lady to craft/hang with.

If this sounds familiar or interesting, pm me and we can hopefully get things rolling and meet for a coffee to break the ice.

jeniferpi

That's me!!! I only live a few blocks from the Rickshaw. I'll send you a PM Smiley.

Well, Fridays are probably the only day I can't really do anything in Seattle - that's the one day DD has preschool, here in Oly.

It'd be cool if we could use your church, grenouille, especially if little ones are welcome, and wildfyre, we could carpool from Olympia!

I really want to check out Nollies though, it may not work for a crafty get-together if most of you all work outside the home. I may just go there on my own, next time I'm in the big, bad city. Waffle sandwiches sound delish! Grin

So it sounds like a weekend day in the Tacoma area might work best for most. Do we dare start thinking about possible days?? Perhaps we should start with a month. April?

Grenouille - if it is okay to use the room in your church perhaps you could propose some possible dates?

Do we have any suggestions for back-up locations? I grew up on Vashon so I know the Pt Defiance area but that's about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010 03:27:49 PM »

if this works out and becomes a thing at nollie's, I can always stay open later that six, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010 05:47:52 PM »

I'm still fine with my house for a back-up location.  There's plenty of room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
grenouille78
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010 04:17:23 PM »

So it sounds like a weekend day in the Tacoma area might work best for most. Do we dare start thinking about possible days?? Perhaps we should start with a month. April?

Grenouille - if it is okay to use the room in your church perhaps you could propose some possible dates?

Sure, I''ll check with the office and see what they''ve got on the calendar and get back to you guys. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jhenrydesigns
Owner/Graphic Designer

Custom soldered jewelry and other fun stuff

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010 03:49:57 AM »

Hi folks!
If there's anybody in Mountlake Terrace/Edmonds/Lynnwood/Shoreline/Brier/Bothell/Kenmore area who is looking to get together to work on projects once or twice a month, I'd definitely be interested. I drive to Seattle all the time to go out with my friends and attend events, so it would be nice to find a FREE place with some space where I can get out of the house, since I work from home, and still be close to home!

I stay super busy working on jewelry, but am also a scrapbooker and need to get some scrapbooks done and sometimes need a break from jewelry orders! A place i want to scope out is Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park. If anybody has any other ideas of places to meet, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
Jodie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010 03:58:53 PM »

Hi folks!
If there's anybody in Mountlake Terrace/Edmonds/Lynnwood/Shoreline/Brier/Bothell/Kenmore area who is looking to get together to work on projects once or twice a month, I'd definitely be interested. I drive to Seattle all the time to go out with my friends and attend events, so it would be nice to find a FREE place with some space where I can get out of the house, since I work from home, and still be close to home!

I stay super busy working on jewelry, but am also a scrapbooker and need to get some scrapbooks done and sometimes need a break from jewelry orders! A place i want to scope out is Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park. If anybody has any other ideas of places to meet, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
Jodie

I adore third place books in LFP. I go tot the honeybear bakery there after work. Even though I have a cafe it's nice to have someone else make me a coffee/sandwich.  haha

A ton of knitting groups meet there, and i would love to do something too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Helping a Child Adjust to School Uniforms
Kids Clothing for All Seasons
Rough and Ready Sportswear for Kids
Breaking Down the Myths About Locs
How to Get the Perfect Ariana Grande & Iggy Azalea High Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...