A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [Peep Show] Mark and Super Hans are watching you sleep!  (Read 1993 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

archaeopteryx
« on: January 07, 2010 09:22:45 AM »

Hiyah!
I'm mostly only lurking so you probably don't know me, but I'm quite proud of how these only slightly creepy darlings have turned out and since one of them is a birthday present and I don't want to spoil the birthday girl's surprise, I've decided to share these with you.

If you don't know Peep Show yet, OMG GET THEE TO THE NEAREST DVD RENTAL! It's only the best sit-com ever, really.

Anyway, my bestest friend ever and I are totally in love with this show (after I had to coerce her into watching the DVD set in the first place), especially with Mark and Super Hans. That's why I immediately started sewing these cussions after I got my sewing machine back.

I didn't really stencil the images, because I don't own a printer at the moment. Instead, I blew them up in The Gimp and adjusted them quite a bit. I then took some paper and a pen, turned my laptop on its monitor and made my own stencil. I transferred the images onto the canvas by drawing over the stencil with a sharpie and then filled in the sorta-but-not-really-a-stencil with textile paint.

The photo of Mark is really only a portrait found by GISing "David Mitchell" while Super Hans's photo is a screenshot from the first episode of the sixth series.
Due to the different qualities of the photos, the styles don't really match and I've decided to keep the Mark cussion for myself and give my best friend the one with Super Hans

C+C appreciated. Smiley

Take care,
archaeopteryx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sazzra

You have vampire in your cleavage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010 09:44:58 AM »

I don't watch the show but recognised David Mitchell from the thumbnail, so it must be a great paint job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer swapping, so please ignore any expressions of interest in the Ideas thread

Heavens defend me from that Welsh fairy, lest he transform me to a piece of cheese!
corduroy cat
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010 11:18:05 AM »

great to see some crafty peep show stuff, it is a hilarious show!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
archaeopteryx
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010 02:13:02 PM »

Thanks you guys. Smiley

@curduroy cat
Yeah I browse etsy from time to time, trying to find some DIY Peep Show gear, but so far it's been pretty useless. So I figured I just do my own stuff. Cheesy

@sazzra:
I admit I sneeked a peek at your profile. You watch QI, which makes you awesome by default!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
thehazelwood
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010 04:24:04 PM »

I saw the thumbnail and thought "that looks like david mitchell" and opened it and yes! it was!

Peep show is hilarious and these pillows are fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekygail
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011 09:17:50 AM »

These are so cool!!  I adore Peep Show.  My husband always talks about the "prayer bucket".  Need to find a cheap bucket and stencil that on there.  Then he can pee in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Text Effect - Shake 4.1
How to Use Boris Vector Shape Generator - Final Cut Pro
How to Make a Teleport Effect - Final Cut Pro
How to Remove Blemishes - Motion 3
How to Use 2 Keys to Key Footage - Shake 4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...