A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Digital Art Flyers  (Read 556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thingsivemade
Trying to sew the fabric of the universe with invisible thread is tricky.

A wielder of karma and scissors

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2010 08:58:40 AM »

(Before I begin, I just want to say that I'm not soliciting for the gig! Just want to show you some digital art!)

I'm part of a new crew starting up around Dublin called Stomp-o-rama (just Stomp for short) and we put on gigs specifically for dubstep and drum 'n' bass acts. Mostly local (Dublin) talent as we're still fairly new and only had our first night last December (a free gig which was in conjunction with a psytrance night). Our second night is coming up in 2 weeks time.

My boyfriend and I are in charge of making the flyers so we work hard together in order to make them stand out.

This was the first flyer that we made: (I did the psychedelic side, he did the dubstep side.)

Now, the next flyer is what I've really been wanting to show you because I'm really very, very proud of it. Again, it was myself and the boyfriend collaborating using the fine medium of Photoshop. So far, we've gotten a big thumbs up from our Facebook page and the DJs are begging for big size posters for keepsies!

So, what do you think? Any C&C muchly appreciated!

(P.S. By the way, my boyfriend is actually playing that night as well, his stage name is Shatterfreak  Smiley so proud of him!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can have whirlpools in the fabric of existence, because it is a very strange fabric." - Terry Pratchett (Equal Rites)
SkyyAngel
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010 09:55:30 AM »

These look awesome! I'd totally stop to pick one up and see what it's all about. I <3 Dublin so very much. Wish I had the funds to fly back and check out a show! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thingsivemade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010 10:09:09 AM »

Thanks SkyyAngel! Smiley

I would have stuck ya on the guestlist if you did!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can have whirlpools in the fabric of existence, because it is a very strange fabric." - Terry Pratchett (Equal Rites)
Midnight Sun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

The northern lights have seen queer sights.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010 08:09:22 PM »

You two have quite a bundle of talent between you!!  Those are most excellent!!  I wished you lived closer to Canada so you could give this old lady some lessons in photoshop...  Cheesy  Great job on those fliers, and don't be surprised if others see your work there and want you to do there's....make sure and charge them, if they do  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"OH MY GOD! Pot Smoking!? You know what that leads to?! MUNCHIES! And you know what THAT means: TRANS-FAT. God knows, you don't want your kids getting into THAT."

-- Pauline
thingsivemade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010 05:46:15 AM »

Thank you Midnight Sun! The funny thing is that I've been using Photoshop for less than a year and a lot of it that I learnt from my boyfriend.
 Even funnier is that 2 years ago, I got him into photography, then he went off and learnt about Photoshop, then got me interested in digital art!

Lol, it's a constant circle of learning in our house!

If you ever need a hand with something Midnight Sun, just send me a PM and I'll find the perfect tutorial for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnight Sun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

The northern lights have seen queer sights.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010 06:34:03 PM »

I think it's excellent you are learning together and teaching each other as well!!  It's also a good foundation in a relationship  Grin  Just remember don't do too many freebies for your friends because you could make some spare change designing this type of thing for people (besides, then friends expect freebies ALL the time *snort*  Grin Grin  )

Thanks for your offer, I do appreciate it...my 26 year old son lives too far away right now to help me with this stuff that he always did, so I kind of blunder along (my other half hasn't a clue bout these programs  Roll Eyes  Cheesy)  I'm trying to learn Gimp 2 now that I've downloaded it...  Shocked   lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"OH MY GOD! Pot Smoking!? You know what that leads to?! MUNCHIES! And you know what THAT means: TRANS-FAT. God knows, you don't want your kids getting into THAT."

-- Pauline
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 21/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 2/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 16/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 1/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 12/29
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...