A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Greenie Berry and Bramble  (Read 613 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2010 06:35:27 PM »

Here's a little something I whipped up from the Fall 2009 issue of IK.  I knit this open front cardi, the Berry and Bramble, in about 2 weeks with about 6 hanks of Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light (Could be 7).

Modifications:
-I intended to make somewhere between the 34" and 37 1/2" sizes.  My gauge was slightly larger than called for, so I made the 34", which turned out around 36" or 37".
-I decided the ribbing at the bottom would be too long, so I made it about 7" instead of what the pattern called for (I believe it was 10")
-Upon reading reviews on Ravelry about the sleeves of this pattern, I decided to make my sleeves about 2-3" smaller around than the pattern called for.  I'm glad I did this, and escaped having wings.  Cheesy
-I added another half inch to the ribbing for the collar.

The one thing I would do differently is cast off the collar looser (and I could still go back and do this).  It curls a bit because it was cast off just a wee bit too tightly! 

I'm also not sure if I like how it looks on me - it's definitely a bit boxy, and it shows!  They say the camera adds 10 pounds, right?  On a possibly related note, I just started couch to 5k a couple of weeks ago - hope I stick with it.  Tongue

Thanks for takin' a gander.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
BlairsBear

Sentence first -- verdict afterwards.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010 06:42:14 AM »

1) Congrats on couch to 5k, I've actually started the exact same thing this year, who knew running wasn't torture?
2) Oh my god are those all popcorn stitches?  You clearly have the determination for a marathon if you were willing to knit all of those miserable things (miserable to knit, not to look at)
3) I think it looks very nice on you, and for this season I might throw a big belt over it to emphasize your wasitnline if you're concerned about boxiness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it had grown up, it would have made a dreadfully ugly child; but it makes rather a handsome pig, I think.
Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010 08:04:38 AM »

Thank you!  Smiley  Yes, they are all popcorn...but they weren't too bad Wink

I was just thinking a nice belt would really help this one.  There was an optional knitted belt, but I didn't think it would look that great.  I'm thinking maybe I'll try my hand at something like an obi belt.

p.s. I'm not convinced yet that running isn't torture...having some shin issues!  Congrats to you for doing couch to 5k as well!  How far are you into the program?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Baby-Proof Photo Ring
How to Make Handmade Dolls
How to Make Applique Baby Bibs
How to Restore an Old Family Photo Album
Bamboo Tools to Tend to Your Terrarium
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...