A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1945 Shoulderette from Botany Mills ... I'm working on it now! re-worked pattern  (Read 4785 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010 11:41:33 PM »

Thanks, Tephra. The only thing is, row 1 and 5 have to end with K6. Row 3 ends with with K3.
The center row of lace, row 3, is just moved over 3 stitches from the edge, and ends with only k3.
Thanks for your comments! It is a nice stitch, just one that demands concentration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010 06:54:36 AM »

Thanks, Tephra. The only thing is, row 1 and 5 have to end with K6. Row 3 ends with with K3.
The center row of lace, row 3, is just moved over 3 stitches from the edge, and ends with only k3.
Thanks for your comments! It is a nice stitch, just one that demands concentration!

It still does end in knit 6, there's a knit 3 in the repeated portion at the end, which with the last 3 stitches outside the repeat is 6 stitches. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010 02:44:57 PM »

Ok! This pattern is abit confusing, until you get used to seeing how the stitches are forming.
After a while, it's real easy to spot and fix a mistake. But in the beginning, I was taking out a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010 03:16:56 PM »

Ok! This pattern is abit confusing, until you get used to seeing how the stitches are forming.
After a while, it's real easy to spot and fix a mistake. But in the beginning, I was taking out a lot!

I was having a "argh, nothing works right" day, that's my excuse for getting all turned around there for a bit.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010 03:25:46 PM »

I know the feeling! I almost gave up on this piece, but then I pushed thru! Now it sits finished in my closet.
 I'm going to do some test samples to learn a couple of leaf lace designs in an old how-to book I have. Those may be a real challenge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everkutz
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010 06:29:04 PM »

This is the crochet pattern I got halfway done before I ripped it all out since I didn't like the color.  http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/?q=node/410

Your pattern is prettier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010 10:05:44 PM »

Everkutz... Thank You! I just looked at that pattern. it appears to be simply joined at the wrist, which is a nice idea. The pattern I used actually has sleeves. That could be done with this one too, as long as there is enough width.
  Thanks for showing me, and the compliment! Did you look in the crochet post I put up last week, the one with the Kippah? It has some stitch ideas in the second part of the post.
The stitch samples I showed are in the 2nd reply. Here's the link:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=340226.0
Let me know what you think! Or, if you want more details on those stitches. I thought they were pretty easy to do, just by looking at.?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 10:13:13 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Magical Granny Squares
Squeeze and Solitude - AHEC and RCA Collaboration
Pumpkin Carving Ideas and Techniques
How to Use Everyday Items to Protect Book Covers
How to Make an Art Smock
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...