A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 298,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Dreams planning album  (Read 2570 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2010 03:16:02 PM »

I'm not quite engaged yet, but there is someone coming into the picture! Since I plan to make my own dress, and do a lot of crafting, this album deserves to be here in the Weddings section.

I've been a custom dressmaker for almost 30 years. The pictures in this album were selected to help me design a lace and beading pattern. I want a gown with embroidered lace or net, over a lavender or pale blue lining. My first choice is the lavender. There are pages to show my color and style bent, as well as plenty of pages for the actual wedding planning stages. When That actually happens!

Since I pretty much know what I want, there's no reason to put it off till the last minute! A lot of items can be made in advance, and put away. Like the dress and accessories, jewelry, and party favors.
So, here's my Wedding Dreams Planner! First, the cover:

Here's the inside cover. It tells the color and mood...

This page shows a gown I made for someone, in the lavender with white overlay. It's in the upper left side.
The other photos will help me design details.

Here's a page with some fabric and color options... I have  a plan for either warm or cold weather:

There are over 60 pages in this book. It has pages designated for men's and ladies measurements, Groom's lists, Bride's lists, as well as room for  actual sketches and real planning sections.
I could put up more pics, but I think this is enough for now!
If anyone is planning a wedding, making a book like this will really be well worth the effort!
Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010 03:19:25 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010 06:29:19 PM »

Your planner itself is an art piece! I love the details you have put in it! The colors are wonderful...something like this will also help with the stress and the budget!  I think anyone planning a wedding would benefit from planning!

Is the beaded thing a bookmarker?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010 07:20:55 PM »

Thanks so much, Always! Actually, you know how those wire bindings are... the back pages like to slip thru; so I wove the ribbon thru the metal loops to close the gaps, and the ends , yes , became 2 book markers. I love the little touch of glass. And, Do you recognize the white ribbon? Wink
  I actually got out some pre-cut ATC papers I recieved from a swap, and made 2 sets of measurement cards for the men and women. THEN... I did something real daring. I weighed myself and took measurements, and actually wrote them down! Yikes! I sure hope those numbers change.
But if they don't, I'm blaming it on MOM who is forever baking things like lemon tarts and cookies and cakes! LOL! Grin

Oh, I must give credit to Modern Bride Magazine for the three issues I cut up! Thanks, MB!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010 07:24:21 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bexieboo
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010 05:47:26 AM »

I really love this idea. I've been thinking about doing something like this myself for quite a while. I love the idea of making things in advance and putting them away for later too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ChickadeeChickadoo
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010 01:34:13 PM »

ooh very nice book.
Me and my bf have been together for three years and I finally plucked up the courage to ask him the other day if he would be totally freaked out if he'd find that i'd started a book like this. He seemed quite happy about the idea. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CocoPlum
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010 01:35:57 PM »

This is such a good idea! Anticipating the 'main event' is half of the fun. What a beautiful job you did with this. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010 07:45:01 PM »

ooh very nice book.
Me and my bf have been together for three years and I finally plucked up the courage to ask him the other day if he would be totally freaked out if he'd find that i'd started a book like this. He seemed quite happy about the idea. Smiley
Ohhh... you're brave! Seems like he's got the same idea... Just don't be too "in his face" about it!
And, Thanks,CocoPlum! Things are getting intense for me... I wish there was a way of getting his measurements without letting anything on! I've always wanted to tailor my man his wedding suit!  It's all about fabric money, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010 08:36:23 PM »

You are the brave one!  I would think just doing the dress would be enough stress!

And, all the other reception goodies, gifts, etc.  Weddings have so much crafting possibilities, though!

Are you adding more pages to your book? Party favors? table decorations? I want to see!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChickadeeChickadoo
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010 03:52:46 AM »

ooh very nice book.
Ohhh... you're brave! Seems like he's got the same idea... Just don't be too "in his face" about it!

Haha i've already tested where the limit is and know when i'm going on about it to much. But yes like the above poster said you are the brave one! The bf anounced last night that we could get married next week aslong as it was star wars themed. Seeing as i've never seen star wars i know he was having me on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cantafruit
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010 06:15:44 AM »

I really like the bookmark, I think I will make myself a similar one Smiley I also like the wordplay "Purple Reign" - very cool!

If I was the bf [I understand you're not engaged right?] and stumbled upon this book I'd be a tad creeped out--- did you consider him while crafting or just what YOUR dreams/plans are? E.g. what if you find out he despises the color lavender?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*personal swap, anyone? I sew, knit and crochet*

wist: http://www.wists.com/cantafruit
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
SAM3- London Street Art Billboard for Nakba60.org.uk
Cloned Animals -WSYK #26
How to Make Wire Armatures for Stop Motion
How to Make Computer Animations
How to do Heat Embossing
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...