A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cute and Creative way to tell my parents I'm pregnant!  (Read 1420 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaxParadise
« on: February 17, 2010 01:58:46 PM »

So, after about two years of trying the husband and I are finally pregnant! It's our first and we're super excited. He already knows; I called him at work the minute those two lines popped up, but I haven't told my parents yet. I'm trying to think of a cute and creative way to tell them rather than just blurting it out, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas?? I just got done reading a past thread about this and got some ideas, but was wondering if anyone had any new ones?? Here's what I'm thinking so far (thanks to the old thread!):

Wearing a shirt that says "Guess what?" across the belly (or, "I'm so crafty, I make people.") and see how long it takes for them to figure it out!

or

Buying/making a little pair of baby booties, putting them in a regular shoe box, ask my parents if they want to see the new shoes I bought and, again, see how long it takes for them to figure it out, haha!

Again, if anybody has any other ideas or ways they told their parents, please share! Oh, and if it helps, this won't be their first grandchild. I have a 9-year-old nephew, so anything saying grandma/grandpa won't really help since they're already grandparents. But it will be their long-awaited second grandchild! Thanks guys =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
craftmagicmomma

winner winner chicken dinner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010 06:05:46 PM »

your ideas sound pretty great. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010 08:23:17 PM »

Thanks! I'm leaning towards the baby booties idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
Zena

I craft therefore I am

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010 11:38:10 PM »

Love your bootie idea. You could also find your old / bye a play oven, put a bun inside, give it to your mom and ask her what's inside. [Of course the crafty thing to say is make your own papier mache one]
You could also make a nest and place it very prominantly in you house so when your mom asks you can say you're waiting for the stork.
Of course in Victorian times it was very bad form to talk about such personal matters so the way that a woman let people know that a little stanger was coming to stay was to start knitting baby clothes.
Either way all the best.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zena, Princess of craft
spaz2phreek
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010 07:22:27 PM »

Well dang, those ideas are so cute! I do love the baby booties one the best, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010 09:02:54 AM »

I like the bootie idea.

T-shirts can work well though, someone else wore one with Preggo spaghetti sauce on it.  You could also put an image of the cabage patch stork on one. 

Or the I'm so crafty I'm making people would be good too.  The nice thing about a t-shirt compared to the booties is that there won't be that awkward pause while they try to figure it out, it will pop out more organically, I think.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do, and your parents' reactions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
phro
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010 01:19:35 PM »

I bought 2 bibs - one that said something like "I Love Grandma" and one that said "If you think I'm cute, you should see my Grandpa" or something.  I told my folks I had found a xmas gift I'd wrapped and forgot to give them (It was Jan or Feb) - kind of a lame pretense, oh well.

For Father's Day I also gave my dad a mug with a picture of the ultrasound on it that said "See you in August Grandpa!"  (the irony is, she arrived 6 wks early - beginning of July!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play All My Loving on a Guitar
How to Play Yesterday on a Guitar
And I Love Her - Easy Rhythm Guitar Lesson
How to Play House of the Rising Sun on an Acoustic Guitar
Learn About "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...