A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Ostara Swap Round 18 (Signups 2-15-10 to 2-22-10, SO 3-15-10)  (Read 12660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010 10:09:31 AM »

So, I am very new to Wicca.  I kinda starting to look into Pagan paths about a year and a half ago, then just kinda got put on hold with some personal issues.  Anyhoo, I really wanna learn more about different paths, so I though this might be a good way to do just that. 

Moral of the story....LOL....
I don't even know that I am Wiccan, (but leaning that way.....just starting out), so would it be ok to join this swap? 

Thanks!!

Lydia 

Sure, come on in! I think WWP is a great way to learn new traditions (since we kinda craft around whatever Sabbat is next) and we often have discussions in the swap threads as well. There are some of us who are more or less just "spiritual" people and don't necessarily adhere to just Wicca. I'm sorta Eclectic Wiccan with a minor in Buddhism myself, lol. At any rate, I'm sure you'll fit right in with us. We've had members join us who were unsure of their path in the past and ended up coming back for multiple swaps. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
lydiaharper
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010 11:08:33 AM »

Sounds so great!  Thanks so much for being so welcoming.  I think I'm gonna sign up.

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmichele_craftyfae

the faery of creative chaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010 12:37:57 PM »

yay! the more the merrier. welcome aboard lydia  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010 04:04:19 PM »

Welcome newbie!  Grin
I love this group myself....because of the same reason. Everyone here is great, you'll fit right in.

Yay! Hopefully Wulf and JennaGayle will also be able to join us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010 05:23:16 PM »

We're all pretty eclectic around here!  That's one of the best things about this swap - such an interesting and wonderful group of swappers : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010 06:39:32 PM »

Indeed! I don't consider myself wiccan, but I love paganism and my path is more about herbal witchery, alternative medecine and a bunch of supertitions Wink
That what is so great about WWP, you get to learn a lot of thing, and choose what's best for you. Kinda like a spiritual buffet, ahah!

I can't wait to get my partner. I was looking for supplies the other day and often told myself "oh, k.michelle would love that" since I'm kinda of used to have her as a partner :p but we'll see for the next one! I'm thrilled to meet someone else (but I still love you, karen Wink lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010 07:35:32 PM »

I'm sorta Eclectic Wiccan with a minor in Buddhism myself, lol.

I love that description! In the same way I can say I'm sorta Golden Dawn with a minor in Wicca. Fits perfectly!

The WWP Swaps are how I first found my way onto Craftster, via Knickertwist's blog. Few of the other Pagans I know are crafters at all, and so this immediately stuck me as something I wanted to be a part of. Having lurked around for a while now, there are several other things about this group I really like, including its globalism (crafters from around the world and enough Canadians to feel like home) and its eclectic acceptance (people practice a wide range of traditions or none at all, and nobody seems to care if you're "doing it right"!) I'd say, Lydia, that this is as welcoming an entry into Paganism/Wicca/Whatever as you're going to find anywhere! The complete absence of "witch-bitchery" is remarkable.  Grin

And don't worry, hawkeyes_girl, if I don't make it for this swap it'll just give me a head start on Round 19 for Beltane!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attackofthequacks

glue addict - glitter glue, that is ;)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010 11:51:27 PM »

So, I am also very new to Wicca and Paganism, I'm not really sure yet if I am a particular branch or if I want to be, but at the moment I am kinda leaning towards Wiccan beliefs I think.

Anyway, I am really interested to learn more about all the different paths, so I may try to join this swap if I can  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for batik fabric or shrinky dink plastic - PM me!

My Wists: www.wists.com/attackofthequacks
lydiaharper
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2010 06:12:04 AM »

So, I am also very new to Wicca and Paganism, I'm not really sure yet if I am a particular branch or if I want to be, but at the moment I am kinda leaning towards Wiccan beliefs I think.

Anyway, I am really interested to learn more about all the different paths, so I may try to join this swap if I can  Smiley

That is my thinking as well.  Even if it turns out its not for me, I still love learning about new things and Paganism really interests me.  I am mainly focusing on Wicca right now, but there are so many Pagan paths to explore.

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010 08:50:16 AM »

I think originally this swap was called "Wiccan" but since that's so hard to pin down these days, I think the adding of the P for Pagan is much more appropriate.  Some people are Wiccan but don't call themselves witches, some are witches but aren't Wiccan.  There are so many different paths out there!  One thing that draws most of us to paganism is that thinking for yourself is highly encouraged.  If it works for you, then do it.  There are no written rules to this religious path, just suggestions (although I know some "old" witches who might tell you different!).  I consider myself a connoisseur of religions, or maybe more of a hobbyist.  I like learning about all of them and I draw my inspiration from any that I feel will fit the situation. 

Making things for this swap doesn't have to involve pentagrams or anything overtly pagan, unless that's what you want!  Since we can find inspiration in everything ... colors, the elements, stones, animals ... we can craft things that other people don't even realize are magickal ...  Grin  I've had a few partners that were still in the "broom closet" and didn't want others to even know they were thinking of anything outside Christianity.  It's all good here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Teen Prom Makeover Trailer
Here Are The 8 Hottest Bikinis For The Summer Season
A Look Back: Kentucky Derby Celebrity Style
Best and Worst Dressed at the IHeart Radio Music Awards 2014
Did Kim Kardashian Go Too Far With These Ripped Jeans?
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...