A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
815 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage Pattern-Juliet Dress (A Little Image Heavy)  (Read 16994 times)
Tags for this thread: dress , vintage_pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aliciastar
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010 04:08:46 PM »

Well... if anyone wants to sell their old magazine or can tell me how to get a hold of the pattern... please e-mail me at aliciastar81@hotmail.com... pretty pleaseee!!! ??... I adore the results!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elenalh
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010 10:53:02 AM »

I managed to find the pattern on Etsy, although I do not remember how. Hope that helps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonshinwa
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010 09:10:42 AM »

Hi I found this pattern on etsy at a store called furbabiesboutique.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010 11:58:32 AM »

me too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
aliciastar
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2010 12:13:07 PM »

I do see it is for sale, although I don't see why somebody can sell a pattern that is not theirs..... wouldn't this be the same as sharing it?... crazy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010 06:07:37 PM »

when I bought mine it had copywright  info in her name on it. it could have been that she renewed the copywright in her name. Or re-worked a similar pattern, making her own alterations, which would make it her design.

When I bought it, it said this:

This is a vintage pattern digitally restored by [redacted], copyright 2010, all rights reserved. Pattern may not be sold or reproduced in any way. Items made from this pattern may be sold.

which means she is not infringing on anything.It is hers.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 06:10:37 PM by rantyhippie - Reason: to clarify information » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

aliciastar
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2010 07:41:35 AM »

when I bought mine it had copywright  info in her name on it. it could have been that she renewed the copywright in her name. Or re-worked a similar pattern, making her own alterations, which would make it her design.

When I bought it, it said this:

This is a vintage pattern digitally restored by [redacted], copyright 2010, all rights reserved. Pattern may not be sold or reproduced in any way. Items made from this pattern may be sold.

which means she is not infringing on anything.It is hers.

you could be right.... or maybe she's just placing a copyright on her restored copy.... wich to me is not an actual copyright... but she might have actually gone through the trouble of buying the actual copyright... although many sellers on etsy never do so.... they just make the pattern theirs because it's vintage... the policy on etsy is that you can sell something vintage.... (meaning a booklet) but not a scanned pdf copy of it.... *please correct me if I'm wrong* ... I'm still hoping on finding the actual vintage copy myself! Smiley thanks for the info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2010 11:37:14 AM »

I am not the copyright police, and it is not my job to enforce such things. Although I am sure it's a high paying job. Her explanation was good enough for me.

We are kinda getting off topic here. I am afraid we might have scared away the original poster with all this talk. And it certainly isn't in the spirit of this group to make someone feel like they did something wrong for making a lovely dress. Perhaps we should turn our conversation to more productive subjects?

Good luck finding the vintage copy!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010 11:48:50 AM by rantyhippie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

thecrittercloset
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2010 09:04:20 AM »

As far as furbabies boutique selling this I say we should all thank her for providing not only this pattern but other vintage patterns that are so rare and hard to find.  Personally i think its awesome to have someone making these available, and I think we should support her, not harass her.

that being said.....you did an amazing job on this!  it is beautiful!!  it turned out so well....you are very talented!!  im defintetly gonna make one for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyOctober
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2010 09:29:17 AM »

Nah, you guys haven't scared me off! I just didn't realize my topic was still so alive! The copyright talk is interesting stuff. I got the pattern from someone for free, but as far as the Etsy shop selling it, well, I don't know enough about copyright law to say anything about it, but it's nice for people to be able to find the pattern (because believe me, I have tried to find the book in which this pattern is published to purchased and I have had no luck. I've seen the volume before it, and some after it, but never the exact one).

Anyway, thanks for all the kind words too! If anyone makes this dress, I so want to see it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Craftster Best of 2011 Winner!

Yup, definitely not hipster enough for Craftster.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to prepare your hair for styling
How to Curl Hair With Straightener
How to Curl Hair with a Flat Iron
How to Choose a Flat Iron
Hair Color Advice
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...