A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Quick Valentine Shrine! Dancing throught the night with you...  (Read 6520 times)
Tags for this thread: valentine , shrine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2010 08:37:11 AM »

So this is a quick little project I whipped up at about 4 this morning. My fiance and I just got engaged on MLK day (so exciting!) so we agreed that this year we were not going to do gifts and just save money for our wedding. But  I couldn't stand the thought of not getting him ANYTHING, so I made a little shrine from a movie case.

Blank Check is about the lamest movie out there, I know. And if you are wondering why I chose this case or why I didn't decorate the outside, there is a reason! We both loved it when we were kids, and the first time he ever came over to my house to meet my family, we watched it that night upon finding it in a box in the storage room.  It just so happens that our first kiss was during the movie. (Lame!)

Everything is made from recycled material found around the house and leftover scraps of paper, so I spent no money on this whatsoever. It turned out pretty cute, I thought!

It also has some hidden meanings. The little charm with the snow flake represents our song, Love Like Winter, by AFI, which is the song Davey Havok, the lead singer of AFI dedicated to us; Kevin proposed to me to at their concert and had the band in on it!

The Mickey Mouse charm represents how we met. I wear a Mickey Mouse watch everyday that I have worn since I was 7 or 8. He noticed it one day and asked me if I had read The Da Vinci Codebecause of a reference to a Mickey Mouse watch and led to a 3 hour long conversation.

And then the quote: "If I gotta be damned, you know I wanna be damned, dancing through the night with you."

Upon our first meeting because of the watch, I also just happened to be drawing a picture of Meat Loaf, my hero, on my biology notes. Kevin now has it framed. So Meat Loaf brought us together! And then the dancing quote fits for the fact that we dance in the living room Pulp Fiction style almost every night. lol. Freaks.

And lastly, I make cards for EVERY holiday but this year I just ran out of time. I wanted something to put with his gift so I revised my Christmas card into this:

All together!:

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010 08:45:09 AM by SpookyPooky » THIS ROCKS   Logged

plumbucket

Guard girl/Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010 08:57:04 AM »

This is cute!

Congrats on your engagement!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Guardie for life.

I am really interested in doing a personal swap, especially for greener things like reusable lady items, wool dryer balls, or other such things.  I can knit, sew, draw, and put things together in pretty neat ways.  Please PM me if you're interested.
sushiluvzombie
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010 09:03:40 AM »

This is so cute! You're craftiness still just blows me away. And apparently your house is like a freakin crafters treasure trove since you're always just using stuff from around the house and never buying anything lol And you guys just sound so totally geeky and cute together! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RobbinZombie

One day my organized chaos will just be organized

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010 09:21:37 AM »

seriously everything you make rocks and I love AFI so super congrats on that JEALOUS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

envirocraft
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010 09:57:31 AM »

This is super cute!! Your artistic ability blows me away!  You'll have to let us know what he thinks of it!

I made a similar kind of thing for this year (careful, it's a picture monster!) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=337900.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
starbelly3
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010 11:47:00 AM »

Shocked Shocked Can I just say, You Are Just So Amazing!  Shocked Shocked I haven't done a whole lot of commenting lately but, Holy Hannibal Lector, Lady! You blow my mind!  There. Carry on.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the sun she warmed her wings and listened to cicadas sing.
Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010 12:20:47 PM »

Girl, that's just awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010 01:40:38 PM »

This is so sweet! I love all the meanings to it! Those sorts of gifts are the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010 02:26:21 PM »

This is so sweet! I love all the meanings to it! Those sorts of gifts are the best!

Aw, thank you!!

This is so cute! You're craftiness still just blows me away. And apparently your house is like a freakin crafters treasure trove since you're always just using stuff from around the house and never buying anything lol And you guys just sound so totally geeky and cute together! I love it!

haha, thanks Brittany! I never run out of stuff because now that people know I use it in everything I do, they literally bring me BOXES and BOXES of junk. And I mean junk. I dump it all out and organize it into bins by categories and I usually keep all of it. You never know when you are going to need a broken candle holder or tiny watch spring. Cheesy And we are incredibly geeky...you don't even know the half of it. lol!

seriously everything you make rocks and I love AFI so super congrats on that JEALOUS

Thanks RobbinZombie! I hope you think that about what I sent you this week.  Wink And I was almost more excited about Davey Havok looking at me than I was the engagement. HA! Just kidding...sorta. Cheesy

This is super cute!! Your artistic ability blows me away!  You'll have to let us know what he thinks of it!

I made a similar kind of thing for this year (careful, it's a picture monster!) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=337900.0

He has not seen it yet, but I will let you know! Hopefully he likes it. Grin And oh my gosh, that is just gorgeous! It inspires me to make another one and go all out with it on the front too!

Shocked Shocked Can I just say, You Are Just So Amazing!  Shocked Shocked I haven't done a whole lot of commenting lately but, Holy Hannibal Lector, Lady! You blow my mind!  There. Carry on.  Grin

Aww, that is so sweet! Thank you!

Thank you! I am wondering if he will pick up on any of the sybolism! Cheesy

Girl, that's just awesome!

Thanks lady!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010 03:54:14 PM »

This is sooooo adorable! I cant imagine that he didn't think this was the best valentine's day present ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Passage Through a Chainlink Cloud by Ellen Grossman
Letter of Abuse Sculpture by Suprina
The Union Sculpture by Suprina
The Dancer Sculpture by Suprina
Seduction Sculpture by Suprina
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...